This beautiful Thornycroft Twin Screw Motor Yacht is one of the finest examples of Mr J Thornycroft’s designed gentleman’s motor yachts around. Built in 1936 she has been lovingly restored over the past few years keeping her original features and classic lines, she has been in her current ownership for 15 years and cruised on the Deben, Southwold and East Coast.
The accommodation offers up to four berths in two cabins. Forward cabin with V berths and infill converting to a double with storage below. Access to chain locker. Reading lights. Opening skylight to foredeck. Four opening port lights. Hanging lockers to port and starboard sides. Two deck vents. Steps and double doors leading to wheelhouse with helm position to port, navigation area to starboard with refrigeration beneath and sliding doors to side decks. Side stowage lockers. Two vents. Steps down to galley to port with stainless steel sink with H&C water supply, Taylors 030L two burner cooker with oven and grill and generous stowage. Deck vent.Heads opposite with Jabsco electric marine toilet, vanity sink with H&C water supply and shower. Deck vent. Main saloon with mahogany panelling, settee berths to port and starboard with drawers beneath and facility to convert to a double berth. Table with folding leaves between with alternative stowage position. Generous stowage throughout. Taylors cabin heater. Clock. Steps up with double doors leading to aft deck area. Full interior lighting. Carpets and curtains.
Located beneath the wheelhouse floor twin BMC Commodore four cylinder 62hp diesel engines. Shaft drive to fixed three bladed propeller. Fresh water cooled. Electric start. Single lever morse engine control. Flex mounts. Cruising speed 7 knots. Maximum speed 10 knots. Engines rebuilt by Harbour Marine Services Ltd in 2005.
Alternator charging to 3 x 12 volt batteries
12 volt switch panel
230 volt shore power with charger
Varnished hardwood signal mast with boom for mizzen steadying sail. Forestay and shrouds.
Manual anchor windlass
35lb CQR anchor with chain and warp
Galvanised stem head fitting with roller
Galvanised stanchions with guard wires
Varnished wooden handrails and grab rails to wheelhouse top
Various warps & fenders
Clinker pram dinghy in davits
Hatch & side window / deck equipment covers
Binnacle mounted steering compass
JRC 3000 Radar
120 XL Garmin GPS
Lowrance X28 depth sounder
NASA Clipper log/speed
Sailor RT2048 VHF radio
Clock and Barometer
Built in 1936 by J Thornycroft Ltd of Hampton. Hull of carvel constructed Pitch Pine planking on Oak frames with transom of Sapele, copper/bronze fastened. Decks, wheelhouse and coachroof of epoxied, sheathed marine ply with white painted decks. Coach roof and wheelhouse top of marine ply over T & G pitch pine, with non-slip covering. Semi-displacement hull form with centre keel, bilge keels, raked bow and radius transom. Full length hardwood rubbing strake with additional strakes to stern quarters. Skeg hung and two spade rudders. Wheel steering from wheelhouse helm position. Traditional long keel with mid steel sections. Aft transom and aft port and starboard gates.
Whale ‘gusher’ diaphragm and two electric bilge pumps
Horseshoe life-buoys with MOB light x 2
Fire extinguishers (expiry date unknown)
Full navigation lights
This beautiful Thornycroft Twin Screw Motor Yacht is one of the finest examples of Mr J Thornycroft’s designed gentleman’s motor yachts around. Built in 1936 she has been lovingly restored over the past few years keeping her original features and classic lines, she has been in her current ownership for 15 years and cruised on the Deben, Southwold and East Coast. Viewing by appointment through Howard Ford Marine Sales.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.