THE VERY First design of German Frers! signed when he was 16, LISA of la Tour, was built in a renewed shipyard in Buenos Aires. After a period in Latin America sailed for a few years in the Lake of Geneva in Switzerland and then moved to the western Mediterranean Sea. She was used mainly for cruising ,but she took part also to classical regattas (Voile de St. Tropez, Cannes, Imperia, Palma de Mallorca), and she was successful . Under the actual ownership she sailed all over the Tyrrhenian Sea.
• great reliability and excellent "seaworthiness" sailing also in very challenging sea and wind conditions;
• extreme comfort of her yawl rig : in light wind (10kn) and short sailing distances she sails very easily and fast just with genoa and mizzen
• in some particular situations (eg. upwind not too close and jolie breeze 10-12kn), LISA properly tuned can proceed without correction at the helm for several minutes (record one hour! );
indicative sailing speed abeam: 5kn with 10-12 kn wind, 7kn with 15-18Kn wind. Speed record 9,2kn under spinnaker.
• Her owner says : the pleasure of the wood makes living on LISA very special! It will conquer your heart, as it happened to me, for 16 years, and I will never forget it...
Storage/Conservation: LISA has always been moored in a safe harbor. And always covered by a sartorially designed awning/fabric cover that shelter her from sunrays, marine and rain water, this allows to leave hatches slightly open , so that the yacht is always fresh and without moisture.
CONSTRUCTION AND STRUCTURES:• excellent condition, perfectly healthy planking mahogany hull, “classic light green” topsides color (two coats in May 2015), Starglass Stoppani white enamel on the out of water part, in good condition to be refreshed in one to two years; " LISA of la Tour " writing astern;
• bilges in general good condition
• seacocks and valves replaced in 2013 in good condition
Frames: they would need to be checked for extreme seas navigation; they are in good condition for normal use; two were “coupled” in 2005 to reinforce them; should the motor be removed in the future, those underneath should be “coupled” for reinforcement as well;
Engine: Lombardini 20hp focs (installed new in 2010) , with Volvo System to prevent entry of water along shaft. It allows a speed with calm sea of 5kn at 3400rpm.
• water: 100lt stainless steel tank under starboard berth in the saloon + extra 50lt under bow berth (with hand shower hose for indoor or pass-through to outdoor shower)
• fuel: steel tank 60lt under port bunk in the saloon ; very low consumption autonomy of 24 engine hours with a full tank, 20-30 % less with no extreme use of the engine.
Electrical system: Recently "checked" all the cables and tightenings;
• grounding just revised;
• Jabsco bilge pump with floater for automatic emptying directly connected to battery in case of leaks.
• log and depth at helm side in a mahogany frame
• the entry panel above the companionway hosts clock, wind indicator and music speaker; not in use; wind indicator would need its specific transducer to function. You do not need it: rather feel the wind and let the boat go by herself !
RIGGING AND SAILS:
rigging and winches in excellent condition; ropes aged but in working conditions.
Sails: many (about 12). The most used:
• mainsail Hood aged but in working conditions
• mizzen sail Hood aged but in working conditions
• genoa :
o [Hood: aged but intact except for two minor repairs with white tape
o [Elvstrom in excellent condition almost new
• jib sails : 3 with cable head of different sizes for progressive sail surface reduction; old but still good beeing little used
• medium weight spinnaker and storm mainsail almost never used
• mizzen staysail
• wooden spinnaker pole in excellent state of the material, varnished
(subject to a check) there should exist (at shipyard Esaom in Elba Island) a jib-furl originally installed, never used in the last 16 years; possibly with its genoa).
• liferaft (within-12-miles model).
• Solas tender (lodging 3, with biiiig attention 4 people), with 1hp electric motor and its battery. Very slow but reliable with calm seas.