1959 Tsuboi Admiralty Boats Custom Built Ketch
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Waukegan, IL
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 15,990 (£ 12,072)
Chari Vari is 42' without boomkin and bowsprit and 52' with bowsprit and boomkin
Please contact Eric LeVine at (847) 336-5456
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
LWL: 32 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 26000 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Pisces
Engine Model: 3 cylinder
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (30 Gallons)
Cabin with 5'9" diam bronze ports with locking dogs and custom stainless and bronze screens. Ports are threaded.
Large locking double skylight 4' x 24" with six barred deadlights. Skylight can hold any position and can be adjusted to any position with piston mechanical supports. Skylight fitted with lifting rings and inside locks with screens.
- Cabin sole removable matched hard mahogany planks with lifting rings
- Three drawer cabinets on forward ends of sofa port and starboard, with deep open storage space above each with 3 shelves.
- Two large drawers under sofa port and starboard locking drawers
- Hull interior in cabin area finished with mahogany
- Six foot shelves port and starboard above sofa backs
- Stainless steel mirror in head above sink
- Wide shelf cabinet with sliding doors backing up counter top
- Floor in head matches cabin sole, hard mahogany
- Custom screen locking system on companionway
- (3) Teak cabinets with magnetic latches on sliding doors
- Four foam cushions for seating and back support 6' x 25"/4" thick. Zippered fabric cover
- Full size chart table with chart drawer
- Table with 3 additional drawers and deep narrow vertical storage bin with lift off closure panel
- Removable plywood plates under cushions
- (2) 30 lb. stainless anchors
- Custom folding teak & bronze step for easy access to cabin top (made, not installed)
- Unique custom sliding screen for companionway
- Two teak custom removable seats with back fit on cockpit coaming and store in lazarette
- Helmsman custom teak seat with optional bronze folding back rest
- White 7' fiberglass dinghy w/ 3 seats. built in positive flotation lashes down to chocks on boomkin
- Cockpit controls
- Fresh water cooling system
- Fuel shut off valve
- Manual holding head
- Wheel steering
- Water cooled exhaust
- 19 x 12 three blade prop
- Water lock equipped leak proof stuffing box
- Bronze hub steering wheel 36" w/ 8 spokes
- Port and starboard engine water discharge
- (3) Bilge pumps: Engine room: 12 v pump float actuated at shaft. One high volume engine mounted and operated pump with manual control. In main cabin high volume 110 automatic pump. High volume 110 float actuated pump (these pumps are in deepest part of bilge, and can handle any water from the engine room.
Chari Vari is overall length is 52 feet including bow sprit and boomkin. She was custom built in Nasoya Japan in 1959.
One owner boat. Narrow planking swells immediately. Very minimum hang time in slings.
- Planking 1 1/8" by 4" cypress
- Fastenings bronze wood screws, stainless wood screws
- Frames midsection bent keyaki (white oak) 12" centers dim 2 x 2 1/2
- Frames aft of cabin bulkhead swan and through bolted keyaki
- Frames forward of cabin bulkhead some sawn, some bent, 12" centers
- Butt blocks, cypress,approximately 10, through bolter, bronze bolts
- Two keel to deck water tight bulkheads 1 1/2" thick, with water tight doors
- Aft bulkhead with two access hatches, fitted with dogged down locks
- Forward bulkhead fitted with door for easy access to forepeak. This door is water tight.
- Overhead beams supporting cabin top on 12" centers. BRonze screw fastened
- AMain cabin interior finished with mahogany 3/4" x 4"
- Third 1 1/2 water tight bulkhead separates cockpit from lazarette aft to transom and is fitted with removable floors
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.