SERENA is one of the highly regarded Alden Caravelle sloops, and she has an excellent pedigree as her hull was built by Halmatic in England, and she was finished to high standards by the Molich yard in Denmark. She has been professionally maintained by top Maine yards, and has benefited from significant recent upgrades to include 2011 Yanmar diesel, GMT carbon mast, and LeisureFurl self-stowing boom. 2016 upgrades include bottom soda blasted, faired, and repainted; rudder and shoe rebuilt; all bright work except toe rails wooded and refinished; thru hulls replaced; SERENA has always been stored inside heated space. She is a head turner in any harbor, and offers excellent performance and ease of handling with comfortable accommodations. Highly recommended.
Call Jim Payne 207.518.8177
• Yanmar 55 inboard new in 2011 with 150 hours; 54 HP; direct drive
• Engine panel in cockpit.
• Paragon transmission SA102.
• Remote mounted oil filter.
• Racor 500 Fuel filter.
• Dual alternators.
• Main fuel tank (fiberglass) holds approx. 20 gallons.
• Auxillary fuel tank (stainless) holds approx. 25 gallons.
• Bronze seacocks; fixed prop
Sleeps six (see layout drawing) There is a large rode locker forward followed by large V berth with filler, shelves over. drawers under, seat between and a large hatch over as well as tree opening ports for ventilation. The enclosed head with WC and holding tank/macerator pump, telephone type shower, s/s sink is next aft to port with doors from both the saloon and forward cabin, and there are hanging lockers opposite to starboard. The main salon has extension transom and pilot berths port and starboard with numerous shelves and lockers, and drawers under each pilot berth. A handsome gimballed drop leaf table is between the berths. The galley is next aft port and starboard and has ample stowage, s/s counters, gimballed propane stove with oven, s/s sink and Grunnert refrigeration( currently not working). There is oil skin stowage by the ladder, and the interior finish is rubbed teak with teak and holly cabin sole.
• Large bunk with insert.
• 6'1" headroom.
• Storage for overhead hatch screens.
• Long shelves over bunk.
• Built in dresser and hanging locker to starboard.
• Three opening ports.
• Various drawers and lockers.
• Access to head.
• Access to chain locker.
• Access from forward cabin or main cabin.
• Groco head (with holding tank and macerator pump).
• Stainless sink with hot/cold pressurized water and hand pump (fresh water).
• Opening portlight.
• Ample storage outboard with sliders.
• Hosed shower head with mixer valve.
• Mahogany woodwork.
• Cabinetry forward with built in drawers and fiddled tops.
• (2) outboard Pilot berths.
• Lower settees pull out to make wider berths.
• Lee boards for bunks.
• Storage below and outboard of settees in cupboards and drawers.
• Large gimballed dinette table with two leaves (and storage within).
• Arched overhead cabin beams.
• Built in liquor cabinet;Hanging locker to starboard.
• Stainless steel countertops.
• Storage outboard in sliders.
• 3 burner gimballed stove/oven (with slide-over work space) and solenoid shutoff.
• Large icebox to starboard.
• Grunert Refridgeration.
• Hot/cold pressurized water with foot pump (salt) and hand pump (fresh).
• Teak seating and flooring.
• High teak coamings.
• (4) Winch handle pockets.
• Cockpit table.
• Cup holder.
• Constellation compass.
• Stainless grabrail at binnacle.
• SS steering wheel with elkhide.
• Dodger - new
• Access hatch for stuffing box.
• Emergency tiller access.
• Kick boards w/louvered vent and screen
• Major wiring update. (2009)
• (2) 4D house batteries.
• Engine start battery.
• Electrical panel with 14 position DC and 5 position AC circuit breakers.
• 30amp/125V AC service (water heater, battery charger, outlets).
• AC outlets in galley and fwd cabin.
• North RF full batten mainsail (2007).
• RF 130% jib.
• Storm jib.
• Gennaker with a snuffer.
• GMT Carbon Fiber Spar. (New 2007)
• Forespar Leisurefurl Boom. (New 2007)
• Stainless wire shrouds.
• Harken furler for headsail.
• Forespar vang.
• Harken traveller behind helm.
• Spinlock line clutches on cabin top.
• Most lines run to cockpit.
• Genoa track on toerail.
• Aluminum spinnaker pole.
• 35# CQR mounted at bow with 200' of chain.
• Spare 25# Danforth in deck mount.
• Spare 200' of 5/8 nylon rode.
• Manual windlass.
• Edson 2" manual bilge pump.
• Throwable strobe light.
• Fire extinguishers.
• 4 person Seasaver Liferaft in valise.
• Life jackets.
• Scrub brushes.
• Edson Boarding step.
• Throwable cushion.
• Teak swim/boarding ladder.
• Teak flagstaff and flag.
Rudder, shoe rebuilt in 2015. Running rigging replaced within the last 3-5 years. Plastic water tank was cleaned and serviced 3 years ago. Batteries replaced 3 years ago; mainsail and jib new in past 6 years; lifelines have been repaired as needed and running rigging replaced within the last 3 -5 years. Raymarine 7c multifunctional unit at helm is 3-4 years old; wind instruments are 3-4 years old. Functional Foruno radar, new wiring and panel installed about 4 years ago. The bottom of Serena was taken down to glass, faired, “soda blasted” and painted in 2016. She has a custom carbon fiber mast and Leisure Furl boom, both functionally and cosmetically perfect