1972 Grand Banks Trawler
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Houghton, MI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 39,900 (£ 29,980)
This freshwater classic is in fantastic condition.
Check it out and call today!
The condition is excellent with the following upgrades:
- Bottom completely recaulked and Epoxy Barrier coated 2013
- New bronze port lights in V-berth and head
- Enlarged V-berths with custom storage drawers
- New light fixtures in V-berth and head
- Ceramic tile in head
- 12 v refrigeration in the horizontal ice chest with a solar panel to supply the power draw to house batteries
- Diesel furnace with stainless stack vent
- New cushions in cabin
- Aft cabinet on rear deck with propane stove cooktop
- New sliding entrance door
- Aft cabin sun shade top with weather cloths of clear vinyl
- Complete fly bridge sunbrella and vinyl enclosure
- New sliding windows and tracks in the main cabin
- New bilge pumps
- New starter on engine
- New electronic fuel shut off
- New batteries
- Price also includes an 11' Boston Whaler with 30 hp Yamaha outboard
Please contact John Hoenig at 715-392-7131
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Work of Art
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 32 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Bridge Clearance: 13 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 2 in
Dry Weight: 16000 lbs
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Year Built: 1972
Engine Model: 120
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 120 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 10 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (110 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (240 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (40 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Sea water pump
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 110V
- Single sink with new countertops and faucet.
- Electric stove operates at 110-volts from either shore power or diesel generator.
- Propane outdoor stove on the back deck.
- The large refrigerator is horizontal and also serves as an excellent nav station.
- There are many storage compartments in the cabin and a large lazarette under the back deck.
- The cabin has new light fixtures.
- The ceiling in the cabin is white cedar beveled paneling.
- A Dickenson Antarctic diesel heater keeps the cabin 40 degrees warmer than the outside temp even at the lowest setting.
- The fuel for the heater is stored in the tank in the upper flybridge and is piped to the stove via gravity making the unit very fuel efficient.
- Color Garmin GPS
- Depth sounder
- AM/FM radio with CD player
- Both upper and lower helm stations have the above electronics.
- The lower station also has JRC radar, Loran C, hailer with a foghorn, wiper, intercom to upper flybridge.
- Diesel generator - Onan 7.5 kW
- Inverter - 1500 watt with battery charger
- 50 amp shore power outlet with 50' cord
- Batteries can also be charged by the generator
- Generator battery gets charged by the generator or engine when the main engine is running and the house batteries are fully charged
- Generator battery has isolator to prevent the house batteries from discharging the generating battery
- Water is heated by electricity if connected to shore power; also heated by the engine heat when the engine is running
- Engine water cabin heater which heats the cabin underway
- Remote controlled spotlight on fleering and a million candle handheld spotlight in lower station
Deck / Fly Bridge
- Bottom completely recaulked and Epoxy Barrier coated
- Teak decks - finished with Sikkens Cetol and are totally waterproof
- (2) Large Danforth type anchors
- (1) Bulwagga self-resetting anchor
- (1) Stern anchor is XYZ with 200' 1/2" rode and 20' of chain
- (8) Dock lines are mostly 5/8" nylon and are of various lengths
- Fenders are 8" with lines attached
- Main anchor line is 300' of 5/8" nylon with 30 feet of 3/8" chain
- 120 Ford Lehman engine
- Approx. 3,000 hours - the engine hour meter quit working shortly after the boat was purchased (at that time the boat had 1,200 hours on the engine meter.)
- With the exception of the boats use in salt water on the current owner's great loop trip, the boat has always been in freshwater!
- Exterior of boat is in excellent shape
- Custom storage cradle
- 11' Boston Whaler with 30 hp Yamaha outboard
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.