1981 Passport 40
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- View Full Specifications
Newly Upgraded Classic Yacht
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 55,000 (£ 41,522)
This Classic Bob Perry Passport has recently undergone an extensive refit, with numerous upgrades and is back on the market. With new hull and deck paint, she looks impressive from first glance. Further inspection shows the quality and attention this owner has given to restoring and upgrading this Passport, hull number 8 of 148 built.
These boats were dramatically overbuilt with the builder opting to exceed designer Bob Perry's specs for scantlings in order to deliver an exceptionally strong yacht. The hull is up to 2" thick at points with the core of the deck being composed of Resin soaked Balsa.
A full description of all the work carried out in the last 4 months is set out in the Full Specs section.
Feel free to email or call to find out more about this remarkable opportunity.
Please contact Eric Christenson at 5202216891
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Passport Yachts Inc
Designer: Robert Perry
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
LWL: 33 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 22771 lbs
Ballast: 8600 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Volkswagen
Year Built: 1991
Engine Model: Pathfinder
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots @ 2000 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 GRP (75 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 GRP (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: GRP (50 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Shore power inlet
- The VW Pathfinder 50HP engine has been overhauled, finished and tested in August 2016
- Owner intends to use the following new parts -
- New Head Gaskets
- New Injectors and Injector Pump
- New Diesel Crank Gear
- New Glow Plug
- New Timing Kit
- New Solenoid Diesel Shop/Shut off
- New Engine Gasket Set
- New Diesel Fuel Line
- New Oil Pump and Drain Plug
- New Seals and Copper Washers
Deck and Rigging
- This boat has undergone a major overhaul upgrade
- The Mast and Boom were pulled in order to access and assess the entire rigging and deck areas.
- All Deck hardware was removed
- Deteriorated Teak was removed, the Deck was prepared, primed and painted - including Non Skid
- All fittings re bedded on Deck and re assembled on Mast and Boom
- Mast re-stepped and dock tuned.
- 8 New Turnbuckles used
- Standing Rigging assessed. New Fore and Aft Stays installed.
- Running Rigging assessed - leading to ;
- New Main and Jib Halyards -primary and back up
- New Spinnaker Halyard
- New Mainsheet and Jib sheets
- New Boom Vang and Furling lines
- All new lines are splices
- Chain Plates replaced 6 years ago
- Boat was hauled and Hull assessed.
- Whole Hull ground down, repaired, prepared and sealed with Epoxy Sealer
- Whole Hull painted with Trinidad Pro Bottom paint
- Rudder repaired
- 8 New Groco TH-Series Bronze Mushroom Head Thru Hull fittings inserted and sealed
- 2 Thru Hull Transducers fitted
Electronics and Navigation
- The current owner has installed a huge array of new Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Anchor Marine Grade Flat Duplex Safety and Camco Marine Grade Flat Triplex Electrical Cable Used for Full rewire of mast and electronics. Further interior rewiring is required
- Anchor RG -58CU Co Axial Cable and connector
- Glomex RA 105 Co Axial Deck Fitting Kit
- Raymarine B60 Thru Hull Tilted Element Transducer
- Raymarine ST 800 Thru Hull Low Profile Transducer
- All new named Elecronics are installed and working, in process of being connected to the hub
- VHF GPS - Standard Horizon HX 870 Floating Handheld VHF Radio with GPS
- B & G Triton Wind Sensor
- B & G ZG100 External GPS Antenna
- Simrad Go Free WiFi -1 Module
- NavPod SailPod GP1813
- Simrad BSM-1 Broadband Sounder Module
- Guest Dynaplate Giant Grounding Plate
- Simrad NMEA 2000 Micro C Backbone Network
- Blue Seas Systems ST Blade (12) Fuse Block
- New Windlass Foot Control Switch
- All interior lights are working
- Main Sails x 3, the currently used Main is 10 years old.
Genoa x3 - a 155%, a 110% ( 4 years old)and a 95%.
Sails are all in working condition and assessed as in fair condition
All lines led aft with triple rope clutches
- Main Sails x 3, the currently used Main is 10 years old.
- Genoa x3 - a 155%, a 110% ( 4 years old)and a 95%.
- Sails are all in working condition and assessed as in fair condition
- All lines led aft with triple rope clutches
- New Rule.Mate 1500A Automated Bilge Pump with new Strainer Base and Rocker Panel Switch
- Diesel 2x 35 gals
- Water 2x 75 gals
- Holding 1x 50 gals
Accommodation and Galley
This Passport has the more popular layout of the head at the forepeak and a generous Pullman Berth situated just aft to the head. This cabin area can be closed off to give full privacy.
The spacious open plan lounge / galley give an enormous amount of living space. A large table seats 6 with ease, opposite is another single settee which can be used as a single berth.
The aft S/b Quarter berth is a very generous space and can be closed off to provide an additional cabin or a garage / stowage area.
The Galley requires upgrading, Stove and Cold Plate systems work.
Deep SS sink with Pressurized and foot pump water.
The Interior wood is in good condition, the upholstery is a little tired and the internal cabinets need attention.
- 2 x Mustang MT 100 Inflatable Life Jackets
- Dingy with Outboard
- Double Lifelines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.