1982 Clark Island Boat Works Chuck Paine Cruising Cutter
Mount Desert, ME
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mount Desert, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 149,000 (£ 115,147)
- Sale Pending
This beautiful Chuck Paine designed boat has been owned by two loving families since built. She has a very traditional look but sails like a modern boat. Her deck is modeled after boats from years gone by, while her interior feels warm and inviting and, quite frankly....perfect. She has been professionally maintained since built and recieved many upgrades through the years including Leisurefurl mainsail furling, electric halyard winch, and new sails in 2006.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Clark Island Boat Works
Designer: Chuck Paine
LOA: 42 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 36 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 24750 lbs
Ballast: 9200 lbs
Total Power: 63 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: 4JH2-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1395
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 63 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (130 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: GRP (60 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Stainless steel (30 Gallons)
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Hull & Deck
- Airex cored fiberglass hull (by West End Fiberglass Engineering).
- Solid teak deck.
- Teak cockpit sole and deck trim.
- Cabin top and decks of marine laminated plywood (fiberglass covered).
- Copper ground strap (1/8" x 3") with bronze thruhulls grounded.
- 80% of exterior wood finished with Cetol, remainder is varnish.
- Cabin top re-awlgripped and non-skidded. (2003)
- Green Awlgripped hull. (2007)
- White shear and boot stripe.
- Teak eyebrows.
- Teak liferaft chalks.
- 2 Bronze dorades with boxes.
- 2 Smoke stacks (for solid fuel burning stove and propane water heater).
- 12 opening bronze portlights.
- 4 opening hatches.
- Teak bowsprit.
- White oak cleats on inside of bulwarks adjoining hawsepipes.
- Light boards on shrouds.
- Two lazerettes aft (one vented and used for two 20# propane tanks).
- Rope lifelines for forward section of boat.
- Bulwarks with teak cap.
- Teak companionway slider.
- Teak grabrails.
- (2) White oak fenderboards.
Comfortable and well laid out interior with two seperate cabins and one head with a seperate stall shower. Honduras mahogany trimwork with white pine ceiling and a teak and holly sole. Cushions replaced in 2005.
Starting forward is a V-berth cabin with hanging locker and seat with storage under. Ventilation is provided by 3 opening ports and overhead hatch. An insert makes the bunks into a double. Chain locker access is provided forward of the bunk.
Next aft and to port is a seperate stall shower with a pullman fold down sink and an opening portlight.
Moving further aft on the portside is the head with Skipper toilet, a Paloma instant hot water heater (propane) which was new in 2004. Ventilation is an opening portlight and the chimney over the water heater.
The main salon is next with large settees port and starboard that pull out to make bunks. Bookshelves are built in on the starboard side while a pilotberth offers more sleeping space to port. Storage is available behind the back rests in 6 lockers. There is additional storage in a hanging locker and shoe/boot lockers. A large dinette table with leaves and built in storage runs lengthwise (and seats 6) in the center of the cabin.
The nav station is next to port and is aft facing with a large chart table with plenty of storage and a bookshelf. Instrumentation in this area includes a Raymarine E120 plotter/radar, vhf radio, 12 volt plugs, JVC CD AM/FM Stereo (with speakers in cockpit and main salon), 2 Chelsea clocks, hygrometer, and thermometer/barometer. A Danish Lange solid fuel burning stove sits amidships beside the nav station with fuel storage bins below.
Moving aft on the starboard side is an L-shaped galley with stainless steel countertops and a double sink. Ammenities in this area include hot/cold pressurized water, a Force-10 3 burner gimballed oven/broiler (new in 2009), Seafrost engine driven refridgeration (rebuilt to accomodate new refridgerant laws in 2003), and plenty of storage. There is also built in areas for mugs, plates, silverware, and glasses, with custom plates/bowls/mugs that convey with the boat.
Opposite the galley is a quarter cabin with a large double bunk (with an extra 2" thickness of memory foam), a hanging locker, book shelves, and drawers.
- Teak seating and floor.
- Teak coaming caps.
- Bronze 6 spoke wheel.
- Late 1800's antique English binnacle with 6" electrically lit Danforth Constellation compass(Binacle has two working oil lamps if ever needed).
- Traveller mounted behind wheel.
- Storage lockers for lines and fenders.
- Access to engine room on starboard side.
- Sail/equipment locker on port side.
- Emergency tiller.
- Dodger with ss bows and aft and side handles (2006)
- Kickboards with storage beside companionway.
- Screens for companionway and all hatches and ports.
Engine & Engine Room
- Yanmar Diesel 62hp 4JH2-TE.
- Hurth V-drive.
- High output alternator.
- Three bladed Max prop.
- Stainless shaft.
- Remote mounted oil filter.
- Racor 500 FG fuel filter.
- Perko bronze sea strainer.
- Vice and workbench opposite engine.
- Chain-Quadrant steering.
- Updated major wiring throughout boat.
- New Electric panel and wiring. (2009)
- Separate house and engine batteries.
- DC voltmeter, DC ampmeter, AC voltmeter.
- (3) 110 outlets.
- Xantrex battery charger. (2009)
- Waste: Y-valve to holding or overboard, holding to deck or overboard.
- Macerator pump. (2009)
- Freshwater pump rebuilt. (2009)
- All new plumbing. (2006)
- Saltwater washdown.
- North cruising main. (2004)
- North cruising jib. (2004)
- North cruising staysail. (2004)
- Stainless wire shrouds.
- Split backstay with insulators.
- Aluminum double spreader mast with steps. (repainted 2004)
- Interior main halyard, exterior jib halyards.
- Leisurefurl boom furling. (2004)
- Sail tracks on deck.
- (2) Harken headsail furlers. (2004)
- Traditional block and tackle mainsheet.
- Schaeffer traveller.
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine E120 (cockpit).
- Raymarine E120 (nav station).
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind speed and direction. (2009)
- Raymarine ST60+ Depth/Speed. (2009)
- Raymarine ST6000+ Autopilot. (2004)
- All winches are bronze.
- (2) Barlow ST32 primaries.
- (2) Barlow 16 snubbing winches.
- (2) Barlow 27ST (cabin top) for staysail.
- (1) Lewmar 44ST Electric (cabin top). (2004)
- (2) Barlow 25 on mast.
- Bruce (stored on bowsprit).
- CQR (stored on bowsprit).
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass (with wired remote and also controls at companionway).
- 200+ feet chain.
- Chain claw.
- Viking 6 man life raft.
- Life jackets.
- Stainless burgee pigstick.
- Lines and fenders.
- Dishware and some pots and pans.
- Boarding steps.
- Teak flagstaff and jack staff with flags.
- West marine inflatible with 4hp Tahatsu outboard.
- Handmade teak/bronze boat hook.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.