1985 Dobroth 42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Dundee, NS
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 31,500 (£ 18,734)
- 2014 155% Genoa Doyle
- Superior build by Hi Tech Boat builders of Connecticut.
- This custom IOR race boat is built of kevlar with foam core and features a well engineered stringer and bulkhead system for stiffness and strength. The deck is layed for easy and efficient sail handling and her triple spreader masthead Hall Spars rig offers loads of sail area.
- New set of Doyle Sails.
Contact John Roy at (902) 455-5565 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hi Tech Boat Builders
LOA: 42 ft 3 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 11 in
Total Power: 52 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 52 HP
Design & Construction
- The boat was designed by Brendan Dobroth and built by Hi Tech Marine.
- The construction is Kevlar over a foam core. Please see photos for some of the construction detailing.
- Recent black Awlgrip on topsides.
- Deck recently Awlgripped white and black.
- The bottom was stripped and covered in VC Tar with a VC Offshore hard paint in 2009.
- PHRF rating of 69.
- Straight settees to port and starboard with pipe berths above.
- Open sail storage forward.
- Galley located on centerline with a sink and stove
- Navigation station aft of companionway ladder.
- Port-a-potti forward of main bulkhead.
- Racing cockpit with semi-flush deck.
- 8 oversized Lewmar winches.
- Triple spreader Hall Spars mast (recently Awlgripped) and aluminum boom.
- Spinnaker gear including pole, halyards, sheets and guys.
- Tiller steering with hiking extension.
- Running backstays and mainsheet controls and traveller located aft of helm.
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster and boom vang.
- Adjustable genoa cars with #3 genoa tracks inboard.
- Bow and stern pulpits with double lifelines.
- Additional genoa tracks on rail for outboard lead reaching.
- TuffLuff headfoil system.
- Doyle carbon kevlar mainsail (2008).
- Dacron delivery mainsail.
- 90's Kevlar practice mainsail.
- 155% Doyle genoa (recent).
- 145% genoa.
- 100% genoa.
- Several older headsails.
- Storm jib and storm trysail.
- 6 Spinnakers.
- Perkins diesel - 52 HP (has been rebuilt).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.