1985 Hallberg-Rassy 42
Manitowoc , WI
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Manitowoc , WI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 152,900 (£ 122,703)
The Hallberg-Rassy 42E is a powerful all-ocean vessel. A manageable roller furling sloop rig with removable cutter stay for a staysail or storm-sail. The deck layout is completely functional at sea or at anchor. The HR42E is an ocean going home designed to be self-sufficient. All systems are accessible and well thought out. No other sailing yachts have won more awards for design and build quality. The center cockpit is well protected by the extremely desirable hardtop dodger and windshield with opening center section; the cockpit is warm and dry even the most extreme conditions. The cockpit coamings are wide and capped with teak.
This vessel has been well cared for since she was new.
Teak decks were removed and expertly replaced with beautiful low maintenance non-skid.
The center cockpit is equally comfortable for lounging or sailing. Like all Hallberg-Rassy’s the cockpit is placed relatively low in the boat which makes for a nicer motion in a seaway, and also allows the boom to be placed lower to keep mainsail center of effort low. Also, the companionway ladder is shorter and transition from cockpit to interior is much easier. The cockpit seats are overlaid with teak and a removable teak grating covers the cockpit sole. A windshield with opening center section protects the cockpit and a hard dodger provides further shelter. The cockpit coamings are wide and capped teak, making them comfortable for sitting. Varnished outer chart tables are on either side of the companionway and sailing, navigation, and engine instruments are mounted below the windshield. No lines penetrate this area keeping this forward cockpit area sheltered and dry even when beating into large seas
"Hoops of Steel" has been well cared for since she was New in 1985. Her first owner had her for 17 years when current owner bought her in 2014. Some of her recent upgrades include her teak deck professionally removed and replaced by beautiful low maintenance nonskid. Interior reupholstered , New cushion design aft cabin to allow for King size bed 2013, Custom cockpit cushions, Custom mount on davits for solar panels, Raymarine ST60 wind, speed, depth.
"Hoops of Steel" presents a rare opportunity to get in to boat of the highest quality, in great condition, at a very attractive price.
For More Information Contact "Captain Ed" Jirsa, CPYB at (262)498-2969 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Captain Ed Jirsa, CPYB at 262-498-2969
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hoops of Steel
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 4 in
LWL: 34 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 9 in
Displacement: 25368 lbs
Ballast: 10365 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 55 ft 8 in
Total Power: 65 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 65 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (138 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (110 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (40 Gallons)
Two generous cabins, main salon, comfortable Nav station, U shaped galley and two head compartments in matte silk finish mahogany.
Forward cabin: large, comfortable V-berths. (6'8") Stowage under berths is accessable via doors. Hanging locker, cabinets and shelves. Opening hatch for ventilation and light.
Main Salon: Two settees - Port side 7' L-shaped, starboard side 6'8" with bookshelves and lockers above. Folding dining table (35" X 45") with more storage. Each settee back lifts to create additional comfortable berths with storage behind. New upholstery (2013) 29"Flat Screen TV with built DVD player (New 2013)
Nav Station: Nav station faces forward to port. Easy access to to battery switches and and electrical panel. Chart locker and drawers.
Aft Cabin: Split berth master cabin with ensuite head compartment. Hanging lockers and cabinets. New custom cushion design to allow for King size bed (2013) . Storage below berths as well. Ensuite head compartment with shower. China washbasin with cupboards above and below, mirror.
Forward Electric Head: Roomy compartment with shower stall and teak grating. China washbasin with cupboards above and below, mirror.
- U-shaped sea going galley equipped with a 3-burner stove with oven in gimbals. Stainless steel double sink with pressurized hot and cold water. Surface of counter tops in galley in easy to clean laminate. Locker for crockery, drawers and dustbin.
- Custom spice racks
- Bread board
- Storage with adjustable dividers
- Well insulated hot water heater heated by 110V/engine
- Cookware, silverware, and all kitchen supplies included
Sails & Rigging
- Main sail checked and serviced
- North custom main sail cover (New 2016)
- Genua checked and serviced
- Two Lewmar 66 primary winches
- Three mast winches
- Cable rigging
- Selden mast - Double spreaders
- 100' Rode and sea drogue
Electronics & Navigation
- Raymarine ST60 with transducer (wind,speed,depth)
- VHF at nav station and one under the hardtop
- Icom SSB
- Stereo/cd Pioner DEH-X6500,Blue Tooth
- Engine Volvo MD30A/2460 65 hp Estimated engine hours 3000 carefully maintained and serviced.
- Duel Racor fuel filters
- Two secondary fuel pumps for (polishing or engine bump) for bleeding fuel lines
- 150amp alternator with regulator
- Inverter/charger Freedom HF1800
- Espar Diesel heater forced air with outlets in each cabin including the heads.
- Air condition system checked All fuel hoses w/4SCG approved hoses
- Fridge (110 vac/engine, inverter)
- 12 V Freezer can also be used as fridge
- 2X110V 30amp shore power connection
- Cable tv/phone inlet
- 110 volt recept through out the boat
- Inverter.Charger Freedom 1800
- 150 alternator with regulator
- Hull and sheer stripe Awl Grip
- Teak decks replaced with beautiful low maintenance Non-Skid
- Custom made cockpit cushions for utmost comfortable seating
- HR signature hardtop
- Deck Washdown pump- Flojet
- Solar fans
- Plow Anchor - 100 ft of chain. 45lbs
- Bruce Anchor - 180 ft of chain (on windlass) 44lbs
- Danforth Anchor 45 lbs.
- Fisherman Anchor-70 lbs.
- Davits - Atkins and Hoyle with cross bar added for solar panels in (2013)
- All life lines replaced and port and starboard gates added in (2008)
- Liferaft , canister style
- Hinged cockpit table (standard is fixed)
- Magnum BBQ grill (round) New 2013
- Full skeg hung rudder
- Mosquito screen for deck hatches
- Lower rudder bearing replaced (2012 )
- Prep and sand bottom apply two coats of bottom paint (2014-2015-2016)
- Teak caprail finished with cetol
- Custom canvas boom mount sun awning
Colour: White, Marine blue decoration strip above the rubbing strake.
Blue boat top.
Built in longitudinal stringers.
Ballast keel of iron, moulded in and completely protected in GRP.
Rudder blade in GRP. Rudder main shaft Ø 40 mm bronze. Heavy cast rudder fittings in bronze.
GRP-sandwich construction 25 mm with polyvinyl cellular plastics as core material for strength and insulation.
Hull and deck completely joined by overlapping the GRP laminate. Bulwark formed in the deck and hull mouldings and fitted with a solid capping in teak.
Handrails, companionway, hatch guides, sole and seats in cockpit are all in Bangkok-teak.
- The deck is provided with four 1" scuppers draining below the waterline.
Two 11/2' scuppers from the watertight and self draining cockpit
- 5 MUSTANG Deluxe Automatic Inflatable Life Jacket with Harness
- 5 ISAF-Specification Safety Tethers
- Jack lines
- Plastimo Inflatable IOR dan buoy, yellow canister: new 2015 ($399)
- 75 foot rescue throw rope (heaving line): in deployment bag
- LIFESLING with hard case and rail mount
- Type IV horseshoe bouy with FORESPAR rail mount
- Offshore canister life raft: securely deck mounted
- 5 FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: 1 Fire-Boy 1301 Halon Marine self-contained fire suppression system mounted in engine compartment and 4 others located appropriately throughout vessel
2014 / 2015 upgrades and additions: (All repair orders available for review)
- Jib and Spinnaker
- Halyards replaced and balance inspected ($1,200)
- Roller furling control line and reefing lines replaced ($350)
- Standing rigging: Fabricated and installed removable inner forestay with running backstays for storm sail and / or staysail ($3,840)
- 2 Harken Radial Aluminum Self Tailing 46.2 secondary winches ($3,800)
- Main sail and genoa completely re-stitched and reinforced. Added 3rd reef and new battens for mainsail. ($1,122)
- Purchased new NORTH High visibility Vis 340 – 112 sq-ft storm orange storm jib ($1,114)
- Raymarine C95 chart-plotter, US costal charts, nav pod and guard rail ($3,900)
- Raymarine EV-400 P70 auto pilot installed ($5,313)
- Raymarine AIS 650 class B transceiver ($2,800 installed)
- All battery breaker wiring replaced to ABYC code ($1,587)
- All mast and deck wiring replaced along with installing LED lighting throughout ($1,050)
- Replaced 7 batteries with SER27 AGM including new trays ($1,900)
- All through hulls & seacocks inspected, serviced or replaced as needed ($1,100)
- Installed new “Blue Seas VSM422” vessel systems monitor ($788)
- Installed “swan neck” fitting to eliminate water ingress from mast wiring ($800)
- New throttle control lever, shift and cables; including newly fabricated mounting (2,445)
- New ATTWOOD 1100GPH bilge pumps installed: Low water & 2nd HIGH WATER pump with alarms ($1,900)
- Main electrical panel replaced and rewired to meet ABYC standard ($1,537)
- All DC house and engine loads properly isolated and proper fusing installed (($2,078)
- Removed all relocated all substandard DC wiring from engine compartment ($2,200)
- Removed and replaced all AC wiring as required ($880)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.