Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
LOA: 42 ft 9 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 1 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Ballast: 8500 lbs
Total Power: 52 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1985
Engine Model: fwc diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3200
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 52 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
BLUE RIDGE was built for an experienced yachtsman with a great amount of attention to maximizing all stowage areas as well as installation of a small mechanical room with excellent access to the engine and mechanical systems. She sleeps 6 in her reverse-cycle air conditioned, varnished mahogany, dinette layout and features a larger navigation station. The boom and main sail are sized for the sloop rig for the SW42, providing more sail area than a traditional SW42 Yawl.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- White house and deck, with contrasting molded nonskid
- Gold cove stripe and hail
- White single Boot Stripe
- Red Bottom
- Hand laid fiberglass deck and hull.
- Hull is cored with Airex for additional strength per weight and deleted and reinforced in all high stress areas. Integrated mast step and engine mounts form a single unit that is strong and light. Hull laminate is fabricated of unidirectional glass for a better strength per weight ratio.
- Deck is set in a 6” flange on the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place.
- Shoal draft keel with fiberglass centerboard that has a bronze leading edge
- Centerboard is operated from the cockpit with pennant and winch.
- Draft: 5’- board up, 9’1”- board down
- Marelon thru-hulls, bronze seacocks and plugs for seacocks
- Guard rail - Teak and stainless steel guard rail at sheer
- Polished stainless steel stemhead with integral mooring chocks; bow roller chock
- Stainless steel bow pulpit and stern pulpit, with teak step stern boarding ladder incorporated
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and port and starboard gates
- 4” Stainless steel cowl vents with painted interiors in varnished teak dorade boxes.
- (2) Large cabin top hatches with white plexiglass hatch covers and screens
- Varnished teak exterior trim including handrails
Large comfortable, T-shaped cockpit is well laid-out for large crew or shorthanded sailing with genoa winches within reach of helmsman. The cockpit dodger provides protection and visibility unobscured from the helm.
- Varnished teak-lined interior cockpit coaming and cap
- Sail locker, lazarette and cockpit seat lockers offer lots of storage area.
- Easily viewed engine gauges are cockpit well flush-mounted
- Sailing instruments - in vanished teak box above companionway
Helm binnacle wheel steering:
- Stainless steel 44” steering wheel with an elkhide covered rim.
- Stainless steel binnacle guard
- Fold-down helmsman seat and step
- Engine controls, including kill-switch
- Ritchie 6” compass - binnacle mounted, with chrome cover
- White dodger– has front and side windows and stainless steel elkhide covered grab rail.
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit table – Varnished teak folding table - binnacle mounted
- Glass and mug rack - binnacle mounted
- Cockpit floodlight
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Simrad Autopilot with remote – 2 heads; 1@cockpit, 1@nav station
- Loran unit – nav station
- Furuno GPS
- Icom 700 SSB
- Raytheon 215 VHF/FM
- (2) Raymarine E80 multiple nav Display: Cockpit and Nav station
- Raymarine ST60 multi Repeater – Nav Station
- Raymarine ST60 - Windspeed/Wind Direction - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 - Speed & Log - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 – Depthsounder - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 – Compass - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 Close-hauled indicator - Cockpit
- Ritchie 6” compass
- Cellular telephone masthead antenna
- Pioneer FM Stereo with CD Player – Nav station
- Remote speakers – cockpit and main cabin
BLUE RIDGE sleeps 6 in two cabins. Cockpit companionway, windows and opening ports and hatches provide natural light and ventilation. The interior is varnished mahogany, with white overhead and teak and holly cabin sole.
- Elliptical door frames, custom hardware, etc.
- Varnished teak integral handrails outboard the interior
- Port and starboard handrails at companionway.
- Interior cushions are finished in Teal UltraSuede.
- Access to the forward partitioned chain locker.
- Interior lighting throughout is by Ocean Frigast fixtures and dome lights
- Oil lamp
Interior comfort is maintained by:
- Espar D4L diesel heater – with outlets in forward cabin, main cabin and head
- Reverse-cycle 16,000 BTU heat/air conditioning – when AC power is available.
Access is from the cockpit, down a companionway ladder that can be stored up and out of the way. The companionway enters the aft Main Cabin that includes the Galley, Nav Station, aft Mechanical Room and forward Main Salon.
- Galley – aft to port
- Machine Room - aft starboard
- Nav Station – Next starboard forward – opposite galley
- Main Salon – with Dinette to port and entertainment center starboard
- Private Head – next forward to port
- Forward Owner’s Stateroom
Starting forward, the Owner Stateroom has:
- V-berth forward – plus Insert to form a double berth.
- Cushioned seat between the V-berths
- Drawer storage is available in drawers below the berths and in lockers above the berths.
- Bureau with locker over outboard
- Hanging locker – cedar lined
- Opening hatch to the foredeck has a screen
- Private entry to the head area
- Separate access forward to the forepeak
The Head is next aft to port, finished with white Formica bulkheads. There is entry from the Main Salon and from the Forward Stateroom:
- Formica countertop with stainless steel sink
- Pressure hot & cold water and fixtures that include a
- Handheld shower with curtain and teak sole grate
- Wilcox-Crittenden “Skipper” head with Lectra-San waste management system
- Linen lockers
- Stainless steel grab rails/towel bars
- Exhaust fan
- One opening port
To port is a U-shaped Dinette with a drop-leaf dining table and U-shaped surround cushioned seating.
- The center seat can slide inboard with cushion to create an extra double berth.
- Outboard lockers are customized to provide liquor locker storage.
Starboard is a transom berth with a pilot berth outboard.
- There are additional drawers under the berth.
- Forward is cedar-lined hanging locker, across from the head.
- After the hanging locker is a small bureau with locker over outboard, before the berths
The Nav Station is aft of the Main Salon and faces forward on the starboard side:
- Full-size opening nav table with storage drawers inboard.
- There is a cushioned nav seat – that opens for storage
- Complete instrumentation mounted in custom cabinetry.
- Electrical panel
- Chart light
- Computer connection
Custom Mechanical Room area is aft of the nav station starboard, outboard the companionway and provides excellent access to engine, transmission, stuffing box, etc. Additional cabinet is built between the nav station and the mechanical room.
Aft to port of the companionway is the U-shaped Galley with white formica countertop.
- Gimbaled Dickinson Mariner P-3 stove with broiler and oven with Marinetics switch, gimbaled in stainless steel enclosure.
- Large double, stainless steel sink
- Pressure hot and cold water plus manual back-up freshwater hand pump and saltwater hand pump.
- Grunert AR-50 refrigeration with eutectic plates.
- Drop-leaf counter inboard
- Fold-down trash bin
- Storage for dishes and silverware
- Knife rack
Separate 12-Volt Systems for starting and accessories:
- Engine Start: 100 amp/hr battery with with 65-amp charging alternator
- Accessories: 450-amp/hrs battery capacity with 105-amp/hr charging alternator
- Emergency override switch for starting from accessory batteries.
- 40-amp Sentry converter
- 110-volt outlets - in Galley and Head
- Xantrex XC5012 Battery Charger - 50-amp/12-volt
- Shore cord: 50-ft x 30-amp shore cord
Distribution panel: 12-volt breaker panel with separate 110-volt breaker panel.
- 1985 Westerbeke FWC 52-hp diesel engine
- Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft with spurs
- 3-blade Maxi feathering propeller
- Racor fuel filter
- Freshwater and Saltwater deck wash
- Automatic electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump - cockpit
- 12-gallon hot water heater
- (3) Fire extinguishers
- 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning – shore power
- Espar D4L diesel heater – located in port sail locker
SAILS and RIGGING
Yawl rig – Main mast has longer sloop boom.
- Hinckley built aluminum spars with tapered aluminum spreaders.
- Stainless steel 1x19 rod rigging with turnbuckle tensioners
- Varnished teak shroud rollers
- Harken furling on headstay
- Spinnaker halyard and gear
- Mizzen staysail gear
- Storm trysail track on main mast
- Stainless steel genoa tracks on deck
- Stainless steel storm trysail track on mainmast
- 2nd jib halyard
- Lazy jacks for main sail
Winches: All Barient
- #32 ST primaries - cockpit
- #28 ST secondaries - cockpit
- #23 STC - main sheet
- #24 STC – main halyard
- #24 S jib halyard
- #24 S spinnaker halyard
- Mizzen halyard, sheet and staysail winches
- Winch handles
- Main – North, 2002 – to fit sloop boom
- 135% Genoa – North, 2002
- Mizzen, 2002
- Mizzen staysail
- Storm Trysail
- Storm Jib
- Main and mizzen covers
- HRH custom bow roller
- Ideal 12-volt windlass with chain pipe and manual backup
- 45# CQR plow anchor
- Luke 25# storm anchor
- Danforth 20# anchor
- 200’ anchor rodes
- 150’ x 5/16” HT anchor chain
- Docking lines
- Boarding ladder
- Lensref radar reflector
- (2) Horseshoe lifeings
- Covers - for deck teak including hatches, dorades, handrails and cockpit coaming.
- Helm cover
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.