1986 Cape George 31
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Palmetto, FL
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 10,000 (£ 7,695)
A boat that needs a bit of work to return to her old glory.
The engine is inoperative and the vessel is being sold "AS IS"
Still a good deal !
This Classic William Atkin design was built in Port Townsend, Washington by craftsman of Lange Boatbuilders. She has the classic lines and beautiful detail of timeless, traditional ocean going yachts. Built to the highest standards and materials, she will take you anywhere you want to go. Unlike many other Cape George vessels, this one was completely finished at the factory and it shows, with its excellent craftsman ship, fit and finish. These yachts sail surprising well in Light air and yet are very stable in rough seas. Some people have compared the Cape George to the Bristol Channel Cutter. She is a classic! Check with Broker for details.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org CELL PHONE: 941.518.5614 We realize your time is important and you may drive a long distance so please call in advance . SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT.
EMAIL: email@example.com Member of International Yacht Brokers Association
Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers not licensed in Florida contact office for details.
Please contact Mike Fauser at 941-776-0616 or 941-518-5614
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 6 in
LWL: 27 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Ballast: 7800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 49 ft 0 in
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3GM30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 684
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Starting forward is the Double V-berth with a removable filler. To starboard and aft is the head with sink and to port are storage locker and drawers. Moving aft is the main salon with settees on each side with storage underneath and behind. The dinette table is on starboard side. Then the Galley is aft with refrigerator on the port side and sink and stove to starboard, with the companionway in the center, leading to the cockpit.
The galley is conveniently located by the companion way and has plenty of storage space.
- Waeco 12v Refrigeration
- Mariner Princess (by Dickinson of Auckland, New Zealand) 2 burner LPG stove and oven 2010
- Stainless Steel sink
- Dry storage areas
- Both 120 volt A/C and 12v DC in separate circuit panels for safety
- Two Group 27, 12v Batteries for House Bank
- Two 6v Engine start batteries.
- 50 foot 30 amp shore power cord.
- Xantrex 20 amp True Charge Battery Charger
- Standard Horizon GPS Chart CP3001 Chart plotter
- Raymarine Tiller Pilot
- ICOM M-80 VHF radio
- Pioneer AM/FM/CD Player
- 2 speakers in Main salon
Sails & Rigging
- The sails and rigging underwent a major refit in 2011.
- New Standing rigging and bronze turnbuckles 2011
- New North Mainsail, Staysail and Yankee Jib 2011
- Mast and Boom were Awlgripped 2011
- New Profurl Jib furler 2011
- New Profurl Staysail furler 2011
- New Running rigging, Sheets, and halyards 2011
- New Lazy Jacks and Jiffy reefing system 2011
- New Sail cover for Mainsail 2011
- Mast boot new in 2011
- Custom made Black Locust and Bronze shell blocks for Jib and Staysail sheets
The engine is inoperative and can possibly be overhauled. Estimates for a new engine, installed is $15,000.
- 27 HP Yanmar 3GM30F Diesel 684 hrs. estimated
- Kansaki KM 2P Transmission Ratio: 2.21:1
- New Bronze shaft in 2011
Deck & Hull
- The Bottom was soda blasted and a new Barrier coat and Bottom paint 2011.
- The Hull topsides, boot top were also Awlgripped at about that time.
- New Life lines
- New Gaskets for all the bronze ports 2010
- Refurbished Bronze bulkhead mounted compass
- New Dodger 2011
- Four Adjustable Herreshoff bronze cleats
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.