Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 92 ft 0 in
Beam: 22 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 11 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 10 in
Displacement: 77000 kgs
Ballast: 17000 kgs
Total Power: 280 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3208 TA
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 280 HP
Number of single berths: 12
Number of cabins: 6
Number of heads: 5
BRISTOLIAN is an exceptional and well know performance cruising yacht. From the board of German Frers she started life as MARI-CHA II. Conceived and built for an owner who was involved with the sailing and operation of the yacht her layout is perfect for both a regatta and long distance cruising role. She combines sparkling sailing with comfort below decks and ample crew accommodation forward.
As BRISTOLIAN she enjoyed a major refit and through the years her owners have regularly updated her.
Her interior, designed by Francois Catroux is executed in lightweight Nomex honeycomb and looks current today. Her exterior is classic and very distinctive. There are but few yachts out there that are instantly recognisable and BRISTOLIAN is certainly one of these. She has enjoyed an illustrious regatta career with far too many results to sensibly list here.
With a carbon rig and in-date standing and running rigging, BRISTOLIAN comes with a recent wardrobe of North Sails including 3Di mainsail, 3Di racing jib, Furling jib, 3DL jib top, spinnaker staysail, A2, A3 and A5.
During the winter 2014 / 15 she completed a full rig and rudder out refit and boom and spreader re-paint. Other recent upgrades include:
- New canvas work including main awning, crew and main companionway spray hoods etc. finish the on deck appearance.
- Raymarine AIS950 class A AIS transceiver.
- New Mastervolt Gel house batteries.
- New Cummins Onan secondary generator.
BRISTOLIAN is a bit special. Please ask us for an appointment to view and see why.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Aluminium hull, deck and superstructure with teak laid decks on the ring deck, coachroof and both cockpits.
- Teak and stainless steel trim.
Keel & Rudder:
- Balanced rudder and moderate fin keel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Caterpillar 3208 TA 280hp diesel engine (2003).
- Drive system – twin disc transmission.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 9.8 knots at 1,850rpm.
- Max Speed: 11.5 knots at approx. 2,250rpm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft drive.
- Richfield bowthruster 35hp (PTO number 1 generator).
- Max Prop 3-bladed feathering propeller.
- 12 x 2volt 1000 amp hour Gel house batteries (new 2013) providing 10 hours without use of the generator.
- Separate Gel start batteries for each generator and main engine (new 2013).
- Navigation emergency batteries.
- Mastervolt (2 of 100 Amp new in June 2004).
- Northern Lights/John Deere (33kW) (2002).
- Cummins Onan MDKBM Quiet Diesel (11.5kW) (2013).
- 220v shore power and ring main.
- 2 Mastervolt plus 1 other dedicated to computers for uninterrupted supply.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Fresh (2) Paragon water pump (new 2009).
- Salt (1) Paragon water pump.
- Water heaters Vetus 55 Litre (2 of).
- Water filters 3 pre filters and Spotfree fixed installation (metered) for dock water filling and direct to deck use.
- Strainer at supply to pressure pump.
- Additional carbon filter to galley faucet.
- Watermaker Sea Recovery 50 US gallon/hour.
- Main bilge (2).
- 1 x 24 volt marina ZZ.
- 1 x 220 volt.
- Manual whale pumps are also fitted (2 of).
- Engine bilge (2).
- 1 x Marina ZZ.
- 1 x Emergency pump, belt driven with manual clutch off main engine.
- Aft bilge Marina ZZ.
- Main, engine and aft bilges can be linked or isolated from each other via manual valves.
- Marina ZZ bilge pumps are identical to the grey water system pumps.
- Total capacity of 2,900 litres.
- Port (1,000L).
- Centre (900L).
- Starboard (1,000L).
- Transfers 24v Pump and transfer manifold in engine room.
- Fuel filters Filtered at transfer by 2 micron Racor filter.
- Filtered between supply (centre) tank and equipment by 2 micron Racor filter.
- Total capacity of 3,600 litres.
- 2 Fwd (port and starboard) 800 litres each approx.
- 2 Aft (port and starboard) 1000 litres each approx.
- Allcraft 9 gallon (1 of, pilot tank).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 1 Forward, 2 Aft.
- All identical Marina ZZ pumps vented to mast.
- VHFs Icom.
- Radar Furuno.
- AIS Raymarine AIS950 class A AIS transceiver (new 2013).
- GPS Furuno.
- Trimble Electronics.
- Auto Pilot Segatron / B&G, partly renewed 2010.
- Sat C Thrane & Thrane.
- Satcom Sat C Capsat (data), new 2010.
- Iridium Phone (voice & data), new 2010.
- Phone System Panasonic PABX.
- Ericson fixed terminal F251m GPRS Internet.
- Nokia fixed terminal system GSM voice & fax.
- B&G Super Halcyon 3 Fluxgate.
- B&G Halcyon 2000.
- Alarm system Includes dialler for notification to multiple phone numbers.
- Barometer Digital, Vetus.
- Computer Dell, new 2008 all updates interfaced with B&G input data - GPS x 2 – Sat com email – GSM internet- GPRS internet.
- Flex scan 2100 screen at the navigation area.
- Navigation and weather information (or any other desired information) can be displayed direct from the nav station computer to the main salon television screen.
- Hercules 2000.
- 4 in cockpit.
- 1 in nav station.
- 1 in owner’s cabin.
- 1 in captain’s cabin.
- 1 in crew area.
- 5 at mast.
- 3 in cockpit.
- XTL speed, depth and log fins (2 of, with gravity switch).
- Mast head unit.
- Load cell (sense) for forestay.
- Analogue displays.
- 1 in nav. station.
- 4 in aft cockpit.
- Wine Cellar Custom installation (temperature controlled).
- Bar Fridge 24 volt with ice box.
- Washing Machine Miele W960.
- Dryer Miele T640 – Vented to mast.
- Oven Smeg Gas/Electric combo, gimballed and custom fiddles.
- Hob (gas) Smeg.
- Hob (electric) Smeg.
- Convection Oven Bosch Gourmet.
- Ice Maker Custom installation.
- Compressors 2 running individually or in tandem (new pumps 2008).
- Freezers floor to ceiling, double door with 6 internal drawers.
- Refrigerators Under bench, double door, drawer's one side, shelves the other.
- Heated towel rails - All bathrooms including crew.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Compressors 2 X Marine Air MCW36 units 36000 BTU Reverse cycle. 2002.
- Insulated hull and deck.
- Air Handlers Condaria, All cabins, Salon (x2) nav station, crew mess, galley, crew accommodation. System recently renewed 2009.
- Vacuum system Freshwater flush.
- 3 in guest heads and 1 in captains.
- 4 vacuum tanks, 1 for each head.
- 24 volt system, new pump 2009 fresh water supplied.
- Crew head Jabsco electric, new 2010.
- Collection all heads to central black tank with deck pump-out.
- Vented up mast.
- Stereo Bose Lifestyle, touch screen remote, one interior and 2 exterior area.
- DVD Player Sony single disc, multi zone.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 double guest cabins plus crew accommodation for 4 crew.
Description of layout:
Description from aft: -
An aft companionway offset to port leads from the aft cockpit to the aft navigation station.
The equipment has all been updated and is well laid out (such that, from the cockpit you may view the radar installed here).
To starboard is a double berth cabin with en-suite toilet / shower area. This cabin is usually used by the captain but may also be a guest / family cabin.
From the nav. area a doorway leads forward to the “owners” sleeping cabin. This allows the owner to access the nav. station and also use the aft companionway as he wishes. His cabin has a wide double berth, vanity unit and generous stowage. There is an en-suite toilet / washroom area and separate shower unit forward. A door leads forward to the main saloon.
Main saloon features U sofa to port with dining table. To starboard is a 3 seater sofa area with a foot stool and a bar fixed onto the forward bulkhead. The entertainment system is installed at the aft bulkhead to starboard of the main companionway. Underneath is the wine “cellar”.
The main companionway is on the centreline leading from the aft part of the saloon to the guest / central cockpit.
Aft of the saloon to starboard is the twin berth guest cabin – two generous side by side beds with stowage and an en-suite WC / washroom and separate shower area.
Forward of the saloon to starboard is another guest cabin with upper and lower beds. This cabin also has its own en-suite WC / washroom and shower area forward.
Forward of the saloon to port is the galley. Closing the door between the saloon and galley separates the owner and guests from the “work area” and provides a private area forward for the crew. Between the galley cooking area and the forward crew mess / dinette is a slide down partition. The crew area offers two upper and lower berths in private partitioned area to starboard and two pipe berth units forward, one either side. To port is the crew washroom / WC and a completely separate shower unit. The laundry area is also here. Forward of the crew sleeping area is an open forecastle stowage area.
The engine room on BRISTOLIAN is of a generous size to allow easy maintenance. It is situated under the main cockpit with the access door on the port side. Most of the yachts systems are situated here.
- Tracks, Blocks etc. All Harken tracks and air blocks.
- Runner blocks Harken titanium.
- Mast Southern Spars five spreader Carbon 2003.
- Mast new coating 2009.
- Spreaders new coating 2015.
- Boom Southern Spars Park Avenue 2003, Carbon. new coating 2015.
- Spinnaker pole Southern Spars, Carbon.
- Standing rigging Stainless Nitronic Rod by OYS new 2009.
- Runners Aramid.
- Inner Forestay new 2009 light weight (2of) Aramid Rigging.
- Genoa furler Reckmann RF 90.
- Genoa foil Solutions, carbon. New twin foil Febr. 2011.
- Halyards Spectra new.
- Sheets Spectra new.
- Navtec hydraulics.
- Inner forestay, (new 2009).
- Backstay (New 2009) light weight.
- Flattener ram for reefing (in boom).
- Radar scanner trim.
- Primaries Lewmar 120s (powered).
- Mainsheet Lewmar 110 (powered).
- Runners Lewmar 65s (manual).
- 2 x Lewmar 110s (powered).
- 2 x Lewmar 70s (powered).
- 2 x Lewmar 70s (manual).
- Power Packs 2 x Lewmar (24 volt).
- Pedestals 2 for primaries.
- 1 x for hydraulic controls and mainsheet if desired.
- 2 x for fwd 110s (halyards).
- North Sails Full batten Mainsail 3Di 760 6 full battens (new 2013).
- C-tech battens carbon/glass.
- North Sails Racing jib Medium/Heavy 3Di 760 (new 2014).
- North Sails Furling jib with battens 3Di 760 4 vertical battens (new 2013).
- North Sails Jib TOP 3DL (new 2014).
- North Sails Inner Jib NorLam Dyneema/Carbon (new 2015).
- North Sails Spinnaker Staysail with manual Facnor fx 4500 furler (new 2014).
- Storm Jib.
- North Sails A2 Asymmetric Norlon 150 with C-Tech size inflatable bucket with snuffer (new 2013).
- North Sails A3 Asymmetric Norlon 250 with C-Tech size inflatable bucket with snuffer (new 2014).
- North Sails A5 Asymmetric SuperLite/Kote SK 350 with C-Tech size inflatable bucket with snuffer (new 2014).
- Passerelle Multiplex, Carbon and teak.
- Fold down bathing platform.
- For long distance cruising, accessed through a port cockpit hatch, a workshop with a very full inventory of new spares is stored on board for machinery and systems.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Maxwell windlass, mounted below deck level and well aft to take the weight of the windlass and chain away from the bow area.
- Main anchor 180 lb CQR and 400 feet of chain (approx.).
- Fold out anchor arm with main anchor stows to deck locker (electric) new 2009.
- Large Danforth auxiliary anchor.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- All new including main awning, crew and main companionway spray hoods, tender cover, garage curtain, wheel and life raft covers.
Tender & Outboard:
- Small console 4.20 meter tender (2009).
- New cushions in white leatherette.
- Yamaha 40hp, 4 Stroke outboard (2009).
- Life rafts 2 x 12 person Zodiac Solas B, new 2010.
- Life-rings x 4 with smoke and lights, new 2010.
- Man Over Modules x 2 (2002).
- Flare packs.
- Fire alarm Marinelec Stella, new 2010.
- Emergency lighting Orbik, new 2010.
- Smoke alarms All cabins & Crew area.
- Fire extinguishers Fixed automatic installation in engine room (fire boy).
- Mix of AFFF and powder extinguishers in all cabins, crew area, nav. station, salon and lazarette, Engine room.
- Fire blankets in Galley and Engine Room.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.