Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: T Richardsons
Designer: TT Boat Designs
LOA: 80 ft 0 in
Beam: 19 ft 8 in
LWL: 72 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 64000 kgs
Total Power: 2000 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3412
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 1000 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3412
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 1000 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 5
Number of heads: 4
BLUE LEGEND is the largest Nelson ever built. To be a true Nelson, a yacht has to be designed by the legendary designers, TT Boat Designs. A yacht which we know well, she was built on the Solent in the UK by Richardsons for an experienced owner, who had previously owned a Nelson 45. Through this ownership she was meticulously maintained with a full time skipper and crew. In 2006 she was substantially rebuilt in Palma de Mallorca under the auspices of TT Boat Designs and with her extended transom is a stunning and usable yacht. Originally designed as pilot boats and for harsh Northern European waters, the sea keeping of the Nelson marque is world renowned. BLUE LEGEND has this capability, together with an attractive and well-conceived interior and deck layout for Mediterranean cruising. In her current ownership, the maintenance and care of this extraordinary motor yacht has continued.
BLUE LEGEND was built for Mediterranean use, offering a level of comfort that is unusual for a Nelson. She would also be at home in northern waters. Close cooperation between her owner, TT Boat Designs and her builder has produced a motor-yacht of outstanding quality. She was built to the Lloyds 100 A1 classification.
With a light and airy oak interior she has superb accommodation. Owners “stateroom” forward, and two excellent guest cabins as well as a study, large galley and 2 crew cabins aft with separate heads. Her main saloon is huge and the seating area on deck is generous and attractive. Her engine room is easily accessible and well laid out.
One of the outstanding trademarks of BLUE LEGEND is her reverse transom which lifts hydraulically to produce an excellent day stowage area to allow for the easy launch and retrieval of her RIB and toys. Her passerelle, also hydraulic, is carefully thought out and works effortlessly.
BLUE LEGEND takes the Nelson marque to another dimension. Her systems, safety features and detailing are second to none. She was substantially rebuilt in 2006, when the aft section of the yacht was extended to provide better crew accommodation, a larger galley and this also vastly enhances deck space and storage. The opportunity was taken at that time to upgrade her in all respects at this time by extending the yacht from 68’ – 80’, upgrading the plumbing, replacing the teak decks and totally repainting the yacht.
In her current ownership she has been thoughtfully updated with some new navionics, new entertainment system and a thorough overhaul of her systems. She also has a new bilge and bilge pump alarm system. She sparkles and is totally ready to cruise.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull, deck and superstructure (repainted 2006).
- Epoxy treatment in 2004.
- Teak laid deck, on side decks, aft deck / cockpit and coach roof top. New 2006 in 15mil teak, laid on marine ply sub-deck.
- In 2006, BLUE LEGEND underwent a major rebuild extending its hull and deck from 69’ to 80’.
- Hydraulic opening transom door, renewed 2006.
- Teak and custom made stainless steel external trim upgraded 2006.
- Interior woodwork executed in American White Oak with a white lacquer.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 2 x Caterpillar 3412, 1000 hp. diesel engines with ZF gearboxes, Aquadrives, shaft drive, deep-sea seals, with spare units in line.
- Racor fuel filters.
- Duplicated pumps and switch systems.
- Halyard exhaust system, with underwater outlets, custom designed to minimise noise.
- Trolling valves. In gear 7 knots and 2/3 knots in the trolling valves.
- Air and fuel shut off system.
- Wheelhouse superstructure has a soft spot for engine removal.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising speed: 20/21 knots.
- Maximum speed: 22 knots.
- Approximate engine hours: 1,784 hours as at 11th May 2016.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2 x 4-bladed propellers.
- Lewmar Hydraulic Bow Thruster, with controls by each helm (inside and out) powered via hydraulic take off on the port engine.
- 5 x Steering positions in total - with – Hydraulic wheel steering at 2 positions, (interior port side saloon and exterior on starboard side of “flybridge”). Rebuilt and upgraded 2006.
- Helm controls port and starboard of aft deck and at raised position on “flybridge” port side.
- 12 v DC, 24 v DC, and 220 v AC.
- 2 x 12v for alarms, stereo and instruments.
- 10 x 115 Amp lead acid house AGM sealed batteries 12V and 24V (2014).
- 2 x 12v AGM sealed batteries for generator start and for alarms, stereo and instruments (August 2015).
- 6 x 12v Engine start AGM sealed batteries (August 2015).
- Mastervolt 24/100 house services/engine start.
- Mastervolt 24/75 (March 2015).
- Mass 12/25 charger for 12-v service.
- 2 x Onan, 16 kW Generators (with water separators to deaden noise), with controls at inside helm, starboard & port sides) and engine room.
- Generator hours as at 11th May 2016 – Port 3,142 hours, Starboard 3,080 hours.
- Mastervolt Inverter 24/2500.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised electric water system.
- Seafresh watermaker making 26 gallons (180 litres) per hour, 135 hours as at 11th May 2016 (new 2015).
- Electrical bilge pumps for each area.
- Mechanical bilge pump, for each area and manual bilge pumps also for each bilge area. These areas are: crew quarters; galley/guest accommodation; engine room; study/forward guest accommodation; owner’s cabin bowthruster compartment (no manual pump).
- 3,000 litre (659.90 gallons) engine room tank.
- 2,500 litre (549.92 gallons) day tank.
- 1,300 litre (285.96 gallons) forward tank.
- 2 x Wing tanks, total 5000 litres (1,099.84 gallons)
- 750 litres (164.97 gallons) forward.
- 600 litres (131.98 gallons) aft.
Grey Water Holding Tanks:
- 200 litres (43 gallons) with deck pump out aft.
- 1,300 litres (285.96 gallons) mid tank.
- Tanks can discharge into large black water tank forward.
Black Water Holding Tanks.
- 1,300 litre (285.96 gallons) tank forward.
- All piping and plumbing replaced 2015.
- Raymarine G Series radars x 2, at interior helm (2015).
- Furuno monitor at interior helm x 2 (2015).
- Robertson AP 300 x autopilot with control units.
- Simrad RS82 Marine VHF radio telephone, at interior helm and starboard exterior (2014).
- B&G Hydra analogue repeaters for wind direction / depth / boat speed and wind speed.
- Ritchie Electric compass x 2 (one at each helm).
- Raytheon Ray 530 loudhailer.
- Ritchie Binnacle Compass.
- 2 x B&G Hydra MFDS at outside helm.
- Dataline Rudder indicators (x 2) at outer helm.
- Autohelm Depth unit at outer helm port side.
- Searchlight with controls at inside helm and at flybridge.
- VDO rpm and hour unit and each helm position.
- Panasonic video monitor to monitor engine room.
- Raytheon Ray 530.
- Schreido electric tank monitor system, which also monitors bilge pumps (2013).
Note: Duplicate GPS and radar systems can be switched over / around in case of any failure.
- Easa Phone electric B-X call monitor system.
- Internal intercom/phone system.
- Digital Autohelm echo sounder at bow as separate unit.
- Sea Tel antenna for satellite television.
- BLUE LEGEND is sold fully equipped, including: - Crockery, cutlery, glassware, bedding, galley equipment, etc.
- Induction Bosch Hob (2014).
- Siemens convention oven and microwave grill.
- 220v Siemens fridge/freezer systems operating from service batteries.
- Four Isotherm fridges (galley, office, aft deck and main saloon).
- Isotherm freezer.
- Icemaker (2012).
- Siemens Dishwasher.
- Bosch washing machine and dryer (situated aft, by engine room door).
- Electric fan extractor over cooker.
- 4 x Vacuum fresh water toilets, compressed air operated, (Tecma Silent; new 2012 to 2016), using Air Stream compressor and with a manual back-up system.
- 4 x Showers (one in each guest facility), and a bath / shower (owner’s).
Heating & Ventilation:
- 2 x Independent 220-v immersion heaters.
- Condaria reverse cycle air conditioning/heating, with outlets to each cabin.
- JVC cassette/radio/CD player (including 6 CD-changer) (2014).
- Speakers internally and on aft deck.
- Bose entertainment unit with satellite TV, DVD and digital television (2011).
- TV in owner’s cabin, main saloon, galley and aft guest cabin; which also has a separate DVD and sound system.
- Halogen lighting throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 x Single berths.
- 1 x Double Berth.
- Crew Quarters.
- 2 x single cabins with heads/wet room.
- Galley/guest cabin.
- Engine room.
- Generous main saloon and dining area.
- Office and guest cabin.
- Owner’s cabin.
- Custom made wool carpeting (in turquoise with cream trim design).
- Curtains throughout, overhead hatches with mosquito/black out screens.
- Cream leather upholstery in saloon, Sun blinds on saloon windows.
- Stainless steel trim details to hand rails and other areas.
- Headlining in Alcantara (replaced in main saloon 2015).
Description of layout from forwards:
- Owner’s cabin with centerline double.
- Dressing table to starboard and 2-seater sofa to port.
- Throughout the yacht the joinery is to a consistently high standard and is lined in American white oak with attractive detailing and a turquoise carpet with white trim.
- Aft of the owner’s cabin is a lobby with heads to starboard with bath, basin, vanity unit and heads.
- Aft to port is a guest cabin with 2 single berths, ample storage and separate heads compartment with separate shower and basin.
- To starboard is an attractive study area with onboard computer, ample storage, day fridge and plentiful work surfaces.
- Up steps to interior helm to port with full suite of instrumentation port and starboard and co-driver/navigators chair for 2 to starboard and with fridge and retractable drinks cabinet.
- At this level aft is a u shaped dining area with extending table to port and 2 easy chairs to starboard with flat screen TV. There is access to the spacious aft area from here.
- Down steps to the aft section of the yacht with large guest cabin with twin berths, dressing table and heads compartment with separate shower and heads compartment. Access to the engine room is through a watertight door in the lobby area. The engine room has standing head room.
- To port you enter the galley which was totally new in 2006. A Corian counter runs the length of the large galley with 2 Corian sinks, hob, and cooker and extractor hood. Opposite is the fridge/freezer. Aft is a collapsible table that provides an additional work surface (if needed). There is an oak laminate floor in the galley only. A corridor leads aft with a heads compartment built 2006 which is a wet room with vanity unit and WC. The corridor continues to 2 x single cabins with ample storage all new in 2006. The aft cabins are currently used for crew, but the joinery is of the same standard as found in the rest of the yacht and could be easily used for guests and there is sufficient room to fit pipe cots to turn both into twin cabins.
- Foredeck with access to anchor chain compartment.
- Superstructure and ring deck are teak laid.
- Wide side decks with steps up to helm position port and starboard with excellent vision and large seating area behind with tables and large u shaped seating port and starboard to accommodate at least 12 people.
- Aft is a deck area for sunbathing with escape hatches for aft cabin, and with steps down to the aft deck with deck access to the dinghy compartment.
- Hydraulic opening transom door /swimming platform with ladder to aft deck and a swim ladder. Rebuilt 2006. There is an electric motor which operates this system and emergency steering is also situated in this compartment.
- Hydraulic gangway, stows into transom. Rebuilt 2006.
- Hydraulic passerelle and opening transom – powered by independent power pack.
- Hydraulic bowthruster and windlasses – powered by PTO from port engine.
- Stainless steel guard rails around aft deck opening gate to gangway.
- Stainless steel stanchions and guard wires.
- Stainless steel handrails.
- Stainless steel pulpit.
- Seawater pressure-wash system at bow anchor.
- 6 x Opening Lewmar hatches on foredeck.
- 3 x Opening Lewmar hatches on saloon coachroof.
- 4 x Opening Lewmar hatches on aft deck-under raised helm seats.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 x Anchor windlass and 2 x electric capstans on deck for warp tailing. There are 2 x deck lockers for fenders, etc.
- 2 x Ship style anchors, stowed in anchor tubes, with 2 x 75m of chain.
- 2 x Lewmar 3000, hydraulic anchor windlasses.
- 2 x Electric Lewmar windlasses at aft deck.
- 2 x Electric Lewmar windlasses at foredeck.
- Twin anchor rollers and with digital chain read out.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Stainless steel biminis are over both the helm and seating areas.
- Bimini sun awnings over external helms and aft deck seating, with extension at aft deck with lighting
- Covers for exterior seating/tables and flybridge helm controls.
- 2 x Sets of crew covers for exterior upholstery.
Tenders and watersports equipment:
- 3.2m Avon RIB with 8hp outboard.
- Rollers to assist with retrieving dinghy.
- 2 x Lifebuoys.
- 2 x Avon 6 man liferafts in date.
- Fire system with manual and auto controls.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.