2000 Dixon 62 - Ketch Rig Steel Yacht
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 650,000 Tax Paid
DIXON 62 - Ketch Rigged Steel Yacht, 2000
Long Keel, Ketch rigged, 7 Berth, Centre Cockpit, Perkins 225hp Diesel Engine Full blue water specification and a beautiful example of the Bill Dixon designed,steel hulled world cruiser with plenty of interior space and all the equipment required to make her very easy to sail.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 18.90 m
Beam: 4.85 m
LWL: 15.60 m
Minimum Draft: 2.75 m
Maximum Draft: 2.75 m
Displacement: 40700 kgs
Total Power: 225 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 225T1
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1250
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 225 HP
Cruising Speed: 10 knots
Maximum Speed: 12 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (1000 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: (2000 Litres)
Holding Tanks: (208 Litres)
- Bill Dixon design
- Built by Premier yachts
- Hull and deck are 8mm high tensile steel
- Deck is laid with 12mm teak planks on 15mm plywood
She was built at Northney Marina, UK, by the former employees of Premier Yachts. Premier Yachts were a highly regarded custom boat builder specialising in steel and aluminium blue water cruising yachts designed by Bill Dixon. Sadly the company ran into financial trouble after a devasting fire at their premises. The owner was fortunate in being able to retain the services of the skilled craftsmen of Premier Yachts to build this yacht.
- Perkins Sabre
- 225 hp
- 1250 hours
- Last serviced Jan 2014
- 3 bladed feathering Maxi-prop
- ZF marine gearbox
- Shaft drive to propeller through an Aqua-Drive flexible coupling.
- 1700 Litres fuel tank
- Lewmar hydraulic bow thruster
- The Hydraulic system drives bow thruster, main and mizzen halyards, main deck winches and anchor windlass
- Generator - Northern Lights 16kva producing 230v/60Hz 2500w
- AC Supply - 240v 50Hz
- DC Supply Main 24v
- DC 12V for engine start
- 12 x 2v batteries giving a total of 800 a/h
- Mastervolt Invertor
- Shore power
- New Nav system fitted April 2013 as below:
- Raymarine E95 (9") touch chart plotter (Nav station)
- Raymarine E7 (7") multi-function touch display (Cockpit)
- Raymarine RD418HD (20") 4Kw HD digital Radome
- Raymarine AIS650 Class-B AIS transceiver
- Raytheon VHF in cockpit
- Raytheon ST60 Wind in cockpit
- Raytheon ST60 Depth in cockpit
- Raytheon ST60 Speed in cockpit
- Raytheon ST60 Wind in master suite
- Raytheon ST60 Depth in master suite
- Raytheon ST60 Speed in master suite
- New marine telephone system fitted October 2013 as below:
- Sailor SC4000 Iridium Marine Satellite telephone complete with:
- AS2400200T Transceiver
- AS2400200H Handset
- Low loss cable for improved performance.
Sails, Spars and Rigging
- Ketch Rigged
- Mast and rigging - Hood Yacht Spars
- Standing rigging is stainless steel 1 x 19 wire - 2009.
- Hydrualic boom vang with Navtec system 50 hydrualic power pack
- Inner forestay is 14mm stainless
- Running rigging is Dyneema
- Hydraulic genoa and staysail furling
- Twin groove genoa luff (two headsail set for down wind sailing)
- Main and Mizzen in mast reefing Twin Poles
- Main - Hood vertical battened - 2008
- Mizzen - Hood vertical battened - 2008
- Genoa - Hood Vectran - 2000
- 2 x Yankee
- Staysail - Hood Vectran - 2000
- Mizzen Staysail - 2000
- Multi purpose cruising chute
Interior & Domestic
- 6 berths in 3 cabins
- 2 Heads with showers.
- Teak / carpeted flooring
- Alcantara upholstery and headlining
- Water maker - Seafresh 160 ltrs / hour
- Webasto cabin heating with hot water pipes leading to individual fan heating units
- Master Cabin - centre line double berth. Double full length hanging lockers combined with numerous drawers and lockers give excellent storage. En-suite heads, toilet (Vacuflush), basin and shower. Laptop workstation and desk. Main sailing instruments repeated.
- Galley - linear galley to starboard, front loading fridge and top loading freezer, twin stainless steel sinks, Corian work surfaces, ample storage and work areas either side of walkway. Fridge, ice maker, twin stainless steel sinks, combination microwave, Force Four four burner gas cooker with oven and grill new in 2014 and unused
- Navigation/Communication Station - immediately to port of the companionway, door aft leads into engine room.
- Saloon - seating with dining table to starboard, two individual settees to port separated by a coffee table. Numerous storage cabinets and display cabinet in high quality mahogany.
- Bunk Cabin - forward of the saloon to starboard is the twin bunk cabin, when not in place the top bunk acts as a back rest to the bottom bunk to produce a settee. This cabin also has a hanging locker and sink/vanity area. The bottom bunk can convert to a double.
- Forward heads - opposite the bunk cabin forward of the saloon, with toilet (Vacuflush), shower and also storage for the washing machine and dryer.
- Forward Guest Cabin - with centre line double berth two large hanging lockers and various other drawers and lockers.
- Centre Cockpit
- Teak laid deck NEW 2014
- 2 x bow anchors - 75lbs Delta with 45 fathoms galvanised chain
- Lewmar 'Power Pack' which drives primary, main and mizzen winches and anchor windlass 3 speed
- 1 x 45 lb kedge anchor
- Aft table
- 3 x Gas bottles stored in deck locker
- Stern capstan
- 10 mooring cleats with roller type fairleads
- Deck wash pump
- 1 x electric bilge pump - 2450 ltrs / hour
- 2 x manual bilge pumps
- 3 x 1kg dry powder fire extinguishers
- 1 automatic fire extinguisher in engine bay
- Extinguishers renewed 2013 with "Life" versions.
- Emergency tiller
- Eight Man liferaft
- Intruder alarm system
- Hull treatment: AWLGRIP
- 15hp outboard
- 3.5hp easy to handle outboard
- Bill of sale
- Evidence of VAT paid
- Builders certificate
- Registration document
- RCD declaration of conformity
I have cruised extensively in Sandia Crest, with two Atlantic crossings and extended sailing in the English Channel, Mediterranean and Caribbean. It has met all my expectations for a blue water cruising yacht and it has been maintained and refitted as required. I am selling reluctantly as I feel that it is now time to switch to a motor boat.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina.
For a full, detailed specification and additional photographs visit our website at www.watersideboatsales.com
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.