Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Vaudrey Miller Yachts Ltd.
Designer: Bill Dixon
LOA: 62 ft 11 in
Beam: 17 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 2 in
Displacement: 31000 kgs
Total Power: 240 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 240 HP
Number of single berths: 10
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
DULCINEA is a yacht that we know well. Built by Vaudrey Miller to great designs from Bill Dixon, her first owner’s brief was to deliver a yacht that could be easily sailed by a husband and wife crew, but one which would also have ample room for guests and good crew accommodation for either easy sailing or charter. She was built to comply with MCA Category 2. In her current ownership as you will see from the large upgrade list below, she has been substantially improved and updated. She has been a home and a magic carpet for these owners and has taken them far in safety, and in comfort. Now that the sabbatical is over, she is totally ready for her new yachtsmen.
DULCINEA was purchased to provide a comfortable cruising vessel for our family to spend over two years travelling around the US, the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. She has proven to be a fabulous yacht in all respects and provided our family with endless enjoyment. The design of DULCINEA is such that she can be sailed relatively easily by two people, but the powerful rig provides exhilarating sailing and very favorable cruising speeds. She is built for comfort and below decks has all the systems which would be expected on a yacht of this class. We are sorry to part company but look forward to handing over an exceptional vessel, ready to sail to a new owner to enjoy.
Note: Port guest cabin and port side of saloon/passage paintings excluded from sale.
Recent Maintenance and Upgrade List
A full detailed list of all the upgrades and maintenance items carried out by the owner during the last two years of ownership is available.
Some of the more important items are listed below:
- New mainsail and staysail supplied (2012).
- Rig removed, inspected, cleaned and touched up (2012 & 2013).
- All wiring in mast replaced (2012).
- Bow thruster unit removed and serviced (2012).
- Steering and rudder system stripped, inspected, serviced and lubricated (2012).
- Navigation and communications equipment completely replaced. Included installation of new Furuno Navnet system, Furuno radar, Furuno GPS, Class B AIS transponder and Satcom system (2012).
- Internal wiring for all 12v systems replaced - Navigation, communications and audio visual equipment (2012).
- New bimini and dodger (2012).
- Deck caulking repaired and deck sanded (2013).
- Hull repainted with Awlcraft 2000 (2013).
- Upholstery replaced throughout boat (2013).
- Aft platform hydraulics refurbished (2013).
- Engine and genset serviced (2012 and 2013). New turbo charger installed 2012.
- New refrigeration and freezer evaporator plates installed (2013).
- All electric switches on helm consoles replaced (2013).
- Vessel hauled for cleaning, antifouling, replacement of anodes etc (2015)
- Exterior and interior revarnished as necessary (2015)
- Systems serviced as needed (2015)
MCA Compliant. DULCINEA was designed to be compliant to MCA Category 2. She is not currently in class as this owner has not chartered her, but she could be returned to code
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Composite hull - cedar core, E-glass, and Kevlar epoxy laminates.
- Underwater profile sanded back and 2 x coats Interlux antifoul applied in 2015.
- Hull topsides prepared and repainted with Awlcraft Flagship Blue (2013).
- Herex core with E-glass epoxy laminate deck; teak laid.
- Deck caulking repaired and sanded (2015)
- Exterior white gel coat was polished on deck (2015).
- Teak and stainless steel external trim. Teak capping rail stripped to bare wood and re-varnished with 10 coats (2013), receiving a fresh coat of varnish (2015).
- Bulkheads are 20mm and 25mm solid plywood; keel floors and ring frames are foam glass, and the stem and keels are solid mahogany
- Renewed all zinc anodes on hull, propeller and bowthruster (2015).
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel
- Rudder bearings replaced in 2007; inspected, serviced and lubricated (2012)
- Rudder rod ends changed out (2012
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4-cylinder turbo charged 240hp diesel.
Note: Main engine exhaust routed through water separators to ensure quiet running – new exhaust system installed November 2009.
Maintenance & Performance:
- New factory rebuilt engine installed September 2009,2011; injectors replaced. Fully serviced 2015.
- Engine Hours: 2,709.2 as of July 2015.
- Cruising Speed: 9 knots.
- New turbo charger fitted to engine (2012).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Direct shaft drive.
- Varifold 4-bladed feathering propeller (new in September 2009).
- MaxPower 15hp electric bowthruster; removed, inspected and refurbished (2012). Bow thruster control panel on helm station replaced, and serviced (2015)
- 2 x Steering wheels – Whitlock Mamba system; system inspected, serviced and lubricated (2012)
- Electrics switches for all controls on helm station changed out (2013).
- Transformer and genset 240v/50hz.
- House services 24v DC.
- Navigation and communications 12vDC.
- 12v engine start (2011), 12v generator start (2014), and 12v service battery (2012).
- 24v, 12 x 2v Sonnenschien gel batteries, (1000 Ah) (2014).
- 2 x HD aux gel batteries, 400 Ah windlass and thrusters.
- 2 x Mastervolt battery chargers, 24/100 – in engine room.
- 1 x Waeco battery charger for service batteries.
- Purchased and installed new battery charger for navigation station batteries (2012).
- 100Ah service and auxiliary alternator.
- 24v alternator removed and serviced (2012).
- Onan 11kW generator – new in September 2009; fully serviced 2015.
- Generator Hours: 2,859.1 as of July 2015.
- Genset water pump impeller replaced (2012 and 2013).
Note: Generator exhaust routed through water separators to ensure quiet running – new exhaust system installed November 2009.
- 220v and 240v shore power connections only.
- Mastervolt inverter 24/3000 – in engine room.
- Purchased and installed new DC to DC converter for navigation station instruments (2012).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 1 x Main internal fresh water system with pressure tank (renewed 2007, new pump installed 2012).
- Fresh water deck wash aft and salt-water wash at bow.
- Hot water via 220v boiler.
- 1 x Main manifold for water.
- 2 x Hot water tanks; 1 x forward/1 x far aft. Forward unit only immersion; aft unit immersion and engine calorifier.
- Jabsco crash pump removed, serviced and impeller changed out (2012).
- 220v, 125 litres per hour HEM series 20 watermaker, with sand filter; inspected and serviced (2012).
- Installed new LP feed pump for watermaker and flushed membranes with cleaning solution (2013).
- Installed new membranes in watermaker system (2013).
- Additional carbon filter into watermaker supply (2013).
- 4 x Electric automatic bilge pumps connected through alarm system.
- 2 x Stand alone electric bilge pumps.
- High volume engine driven bilge pump.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Total capacity of 1,760 litres in 3 x stainless steel tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,000 litres in 2 x stainless steel tanks.
Grey/Black water holding tanks:
- Black water system pump stripped and refurbished (2012).
- Black water tank cleaned out and tank watch monitor replaced (2013).
- Black water hoses re-routed to separate through hull fitting (2013).
- Yacht computer – HP PC with Philips flat screen display running Windows XP, wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Nobletec timezero software installed (2012).
- B&G – H3000 system installed in (September 2009) with GFD & analogue repeaters, multi units on each helm – Pilot – units on each helm and at chart table – display units on cockpit bulkhead and side of cockpit table.
- Icom – IC M 502 VHF at chart table (2012).
- Icom – VHF unit at port helm (new Spring 2009).
- Icom – IC M710 NZ MF/HF Marine Transceiver.
- Ritchie – Powerdamp pedestal compasses – 2 – one on each helm.
- Inmarsat Skipper 150 satcom system installed in 2012.
- Furuno radar DRS4D installed in 2012.
- On board computer with WIFI capability (2006).
- AIS system installed and commissioned (2012).
- Furuno GP33 GPS system installed in 2012.
- Furuno Navnet 3D system installed in 2012. Main 12” display at navigation table with 8” repeater on port helm console.
- Wireless router installed (2012); new internet antenna fixed to lower spreader (2013).
- Mast top VHF antennas replaced (2013).
- All navigation equipment and communications equipment wiring replaced (2012).
- Philco washer in day head.
- ULine icemaker (access in aft passage), replaced in 2012.
- Force 10 gas cooker, 4 burner and oven - new unit fitted in September 2009.
- Air cooled 24v refrigerator (can be used when boat is out of water).
- Replaced hinges on fridge door (2013).
- Air cooled 24v deep-freeze (can be used when boat is out of water).
- Fridge/freezer compressors inspected, serviced and re-gassed (2012); 1 x freezer compressor replaced (2012).
- Leak in freezer evaporator fixed. System re-gassed (2013); later replaced all evaporators in both fridge and freezer units with new.
- Seals on fridge and freezer replaced (2013).
- Bosch dishwasher removed and space remodeled as cupboard (2012).
- Smeg extractor.
- Bosch microwave (2012).
- Rinfret & Sturms In-Sink-erator (2011).
- Toaster, kettle, galley equipment, crockery, cutlery and glassware (All Cristofle).
- 4 - Fresh water flush (day head has salt water back-up).
- 3 x Internal showers, and 1 x on bathing platform. New shower latch for master cabin fabricated in 2015.
Heating & Ventilation:
- CruiseAir air conditioning (1 x unit forward for 2 cabins, saloon with 2 x units upgraded in September 2009, 1 x unit aft) with reverse cycle for heating.
- 4 x Flat screen TVs; in saloon and each cabin (2 x replaced 2012); all with dedicated DVD player.
- Clarion stereo system at chart table, with speakers in saloon and cockpit (2012).
- Stereo systems in aft cabin and in each guest cabin, with own speakers (2012).
- Audio visual wiring replaced throughout interior (2012).
- New cockpit stereo switch installed (2012).
- New LED spreader lights added and more powerful foredeck light installed (2012).
- New boom lights installed (2012).
- New lights installed in engine room and lazarette (2012).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Aft owner cabin with en-suite. Day head. Navigation area. Galley. Salloon. 2X Guest cabins. Forecastle cabin for crew or guests.
- 4 x Single berths; 3 x double berths; total sleeping capacity of 10.
- Interior finish is in American Cherry with Madrona burr inserts edged with fine jarrah borders. A blue theme was chosen for interior décor; all new upholstery, curtains etc. throughout yacht (2013).
- Crew covers for sofas and saloon table.
- Replace/refurbished all interior cupboard and floor pulls (2012).
- Replaced silvered mirrors (2012).
- 2 x Saloon window blinds replaced (2012).
- Varnishing of interior floorboards (2013).
- Various interior varnish work retouched (2015).
- New mirrors installed in heads (2015).
Description of layout from forwards:
Forepeak (crew quarters) with V berths and stowage lockers, access via a deck hatch, or aft through the centre shower unit and to the starboard guest head and cabin.
Two guest cabins, near mirror images of each other – each with, a generous double lower berth, (and an additional ”Pullman” type berth that stows just under the deck head out of the way when not in use), plus good locker and drawer space. Each has its own en-suite head area and shower unit.
Two steps aft lead up to the -
Main saloon, with bar unit / wine rack and glass stowage in lockers at the forward portside corner; two armchairs to port with lockers outboard; a U shape sofa seating area to starboard, with the custom central extendable dining table. Situated in a locker at the aft starboard side corner (just forward of the navigation area) is the flat screen TV unit.
Ports either side in the hull allow you to see out when seated. Coaming windows and overhead hatches help form a very light and airy social area. Saloon windows and hatches are fitted with Oceanair blinds. The upholstery is executed in blue Alcantara and was replaced 2013.
The galley is to port of the companionway aft of, and set on a lower level to the saloon and is formed in a U shape (and not in a passage, so that whilst anyone working there may feel part of the social scene in the saloon, the work area is slightly private and no one will be walking past to a cabin). It has a large front and top opening refrigerator and freezer, twin sinks (with “Sinkerator” unit installed), Corian work tops, four burner cooker and oven (new in September 2009), extractor, microwave and dishwasher.
The Navigation station is to starboard of the companionway and is equipped with generous chart table, a complete array of electronics and instrumentation. Electric panels are conveniently located on the central fore / aft bulkhead just to port of the navigator seat.
The walk in engine room compartment is accessed off the starboard corridor via doors along the inner wall. Access is easy so as to allow inspection and servicing at sea. It houses the main engine, the gen set, chargers / inverter, and watermaker controls (batteries, tanks and the sand filter for water maker is under the saloon floor).
- Tool racks installed on engine room door (2012).
The passage along starboard side, past chart table leads to a day head area (to starboard), which has a WC and washbasin, also the washing machine housed in a locker. The icemaker is in a locker accessed from the corridor.
The owner’s master cabin is right aft and is fitted with a centre-line queen berth set against the aft bulkhead, hanging lockers, and generous stowage. With two comfortable seats, one each side of the bed and with its own stereo and TV unit (plus two hull ports, two side windows and two overhead hatches) it is a very pleasant, light and airy place to relax as well as to sleep.
- Additional shelving installed (2012).
The cabin has an en-suite head and shower room (including seat in shower) situated forward to port.
Yacht’s stylised “D” logo is inlaid twice in the saloon table.
· Sloop / cutter rig, spars by Matrix, 3 spreader mast with swept back spreaders. The rig was hauled, painted in 2007.
· Rig removed and inspected, all diagonals replaced and moving parts serviced, mast repairs repainted, and spar clean and polished (2013).
· All wiring in mast replaced (2012).
· Aluminium spar and carbon boom – painted cream.
· Stainless steel wire standing rigging (2001).
· Wire of forestay (January 2005).
· In boom furling mainsail – Matrix system.
· Spinnaker pole stows on front of mast.
· Self-tacking staysail system with Lewmar track just in front of mast.
· Hydraulic Bamar “magic electric jib” furlers on forestay and inner forestay (genoa and staysail) serviced 2015
· New motor for genoa furler installed (2014).
· Staysail furler (replaced 2007).
· Navtec hydraulic boom vang and backstays.
· Refurbished foils on headsails (2012).
· New mainsail furler line installed (2012).
· Running repairs to genoa leech tape carried out (2012).
· Serviced all Spinlock jammers (2013).
· New mainsheet traveler line installed (2013).
· Rubber stops for traveler main sheet replaced (2013).
· 2 x Lewmar 66 – 2 speed – self-tailing – primary (genoa sheet) electric.
· 2 x Lewmar 58 – 2 speed – self tailing – runners.
· 1 x Lewmar 54 – 2 speed – self tailing – mainsheet, electric.
· 1 x Lewmar 30 – 2 speed – self tailing – main track control.
· 1 x Lewmar 48 – 2 speed – self-tailing – on mast – topping lift and spi. top lift (via 2 Antal jammers).
· 2 x Lewmar 58 – 2 speed – self-tailing - electric – at forward cockpit for controls - outhaul/reef/halyards.
· All winches stripped, cleaned and refurbished (2012 and 2013).
By Doyle, NZ:
Genoa - Stratis (2012)
MPS - (Jan 03).
Storm jib - (Jan 02).
Mainsail – (2012).
Staysail - (2012).
· Hydraulic opening transom/swim platform;. Hydraulic cylinders removed and refurbished, hoses replaced (2013). Platform removed entirely and refurbished (2013).
· Lewmar deck hatches, the forward 5 were replaced in 2011. Lexan deck hatch lenses replaced and seals renewed (2012).
· Palma Watch supplied foredeck hatch fly/sun screen (2015).
· Fixed varnished teak cockpit table with 2 x folding leafs and with 2 x storage compartments in centre. The cockpit table was stripped back, and received 10 fresh coats of varnish (2015).
· Stainless steel dorade vents.
· Pulpit, pushpit, guardrails, boarding gates, seat on pulpit, seats on pushpit.
· Multiplex carbon gangway.
· Magna stainless steel gas barbecue on pushpit (2011).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Electric Lewmar anchor windlass (mounted on deck) with control at helm and handheld wireless remote (replaced 2007).
- Anchor re-galvanised and 80 meters of new chain (2007; cleaned 2012).
- Windlass stripped, cleaned and refurbished (2012).
- Twin bow rollers.
- Anchors: 3 - CQR, Bruce & Fortress.
- Secondary bow anchor securing system installed (2012).
- Secondary mooring system added to vessel inventory consisting of 120m nylon rode and 2 x 15m lengths ½ chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Canvas cockpit dodger and cockpit cushions (2012).
- Bimini (replaced 2012) fixed on stainless frame and covers all cockpit, with removable shade cloths.
- 3 x Foredeck sunbathing cushions.
- New wheel covers purchased and installed (2012).
- External covers for all hatches, winches, cockpit table and outboard.
Tender, Outboard & Toys:
- Stainless and alloy fold-away davits; stripped and serviced (2012).
- Caribe RIB 3.4m. / 11ft. Suitable for 5/6 people (December 2004; patched and refurbished 2013). Small repaired made in 2015.
- Yamaha 15 hp outboard (new January 2010, replaced propeller, sparkplugs and anode 2013). Currently winterized and receiving an overhaul (2015).
- Standup paddle board.
- Single person kayak.
- Knee board.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- Autoflug liferafts: 2 x 6 person in GRP canisters – stow in brackets on pushpit. New hydrostatic releases fitted to liferafts (2012). Inpected (2014).
- All serviced & in date 2013.
- EPIRB inspected and tested (2012).
- Lifejackets inspected and serviced (2014).
- Back up portable depth sounder (2013).
- Replaced gas detectors and control panel (2012).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.