2001 Najad 400
- View Full Specifications
Huge spec Najad. Much updated
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Barcelona, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 190,000 Tax Paid (£ 164,359)
The Najad 400 meets the highest performance and layout standards for long coastal and ocean sailing, and is the result of many years experience in designing exceptional sailing yachts.
It has been designed with a long sailing waterline and the stern raised out of the water to achieve a small wet area. The broad stern makes room for the spacious aft cabin and the integral swimming platform in the transom for comfort/security as well as increases the stability and the downwind performance. The sharp pointed forebody is designed to prevent the yacht slowing down in rough and heavy sea. The keel is long enough to achieve a good moderation and to reduce the centre of gravity.
This particular example boasts a very specification including full teak decks, larger (75hp) engine option, bowthruster, wind generator, upgraded battery capacity, radar/plotter and genneker. It has also benefitted from an extensive program of refit both in her current and previous ownerships.
- The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The hull is hand laid in a sandwich construction of triaxial Rowing with ISO polyester.
- The surface layer is of NGA Gelcoat for maximum protection against water penetration.
- The colour is white with carmine red trim and water lines inlaid in the Gelcoat.
- The hull is top coated internally.
- Below the water line the hull is treated with epoxy primer and antifouling paint.
- An integral swimming platform with swimming and safety ladder in the transom.
- The internal construction of the yacht is reinforced with longitudinal stringers and transverse floors.
- This supports keel fittings, mast pillar, engine frame, tanks and the cabin floors.
- Additional fore and aft reinforcements (stringers) in the hull.
- All main bulkheads are laminated on both sides to the hull. Transverse chain plate fittings laminated to the hull.
- The mast pillar is bolted to the floor plate construction.
- The side decks, coachroof, cockpit and swimming platform are laid with solid caulked teak.
- Stainless steel framed fixed windscreen - 2014
- 3 x skylights Portlights (opening type in heads, galley and aft cabin and fw cabin)
- Portlights in the stern plus addition portlights from cockpit to galley
Keel & Rudder:
- The lead keel is bolted on with acid resistant bolts. The keel is designed to reduce the water floor beneath the keel, which results in less drag.
- Rudder and skeg in NACA profile.
- Semi balanced rudder in GRP reinforced polyester with an acid resistant stainless steel rudderpost.
- Rudder fitting bolted to the skeg.
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH3-TE – 75hp 4-cylinder diesel engine (uprated over standard 55hp)
- Reduction gearbox
- Aquadrive flexible shaft coupling
- Water-cooled rubber exhaust pipe.
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
- Panel for engine instruments in the steering pedestal within easy reach of helmsman.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: approx. 1,950 as of February 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
- Feathering propeller
- 12vDC bow-thruster
- Steering pedestal in GRP reinforced polyester with stainless steel, leather covered and detachable wheel, diameter 2’7” (900mm), compass and side fitted single lever control for the engine; approx. 2 x revolutions
- Wheel shaft with adjustable friction brake.
- Rudder post sealed with greased stuffing box.
- Emergency steering on rudder post, by tiller.
- Rod steering.
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
- 1x 755Ah 12v AGM engine start battery - 2015
- 4x 165Ah 12v AGM service batteries joined in parallel to suppl 660Ah– 2015
- Emergency switch system to start the engine also with service batteries
- Mastervolt Mastershunt battery monitor – 2015
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/70-3 70Amp charger - 2015
- Mastervolt Masterview controller
- Charging of batteries is by 80 Amp alternator from engine
- Smart charger for alternator - 2010
- 2kw inverter supplying 230v throughout including to immersion heater - 2012
- Silentwind wind-generator - 2015
- 230v shore power with isolator, circuit breaker, shore power cable and stainless steel inlet
- 12 V electric sockets at inner chart table and in the cockpit.
- Electric panel with circuit breakers at inner chart table.
- There is a water and diesel meter.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a 40 L / 11 US gallon well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element (replaced 2010).
- Fresh water shower at bathing platform
- 1x high capacity electric bilge pump – new on/off/auto switch 2015
- Manual bilge pump
- Approximately 230 litres with a gauge
- Filling of fuel tanks is through deck inlet.
- Fresh water capacity is approximately 600 litres with a gauge.
- Filling of water tanks is through deck inlet.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raytheon ST60 speed/log, depth, wind and multi-repeater instruments
- Raymarine 10” radar chart plotter with Raymarine closed-array scanner
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot with new Mamba Drive - 2012
- Pedestal steering compass
- Clock & barometer
- Navico VHF with second-station handset and AIS - 2010
- 2-burner gas cooker with oven, well gimballed with fiddle rails and locking device for oven door and also for the cooker when in use in the marina.
- 12vDC refrigerator with 92 litre top-opening cold box
- Jabsco electric heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher diesel fired hot air cabin heating
- Reading lights in saloon – 2015
- Reading lights in accommodation cabins – 2015
- Deckhead lighting throughout - 2015
- Stereo with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to five berths in owner’s cabin aft, forward cabin and single berth to port saloon.
- The first class wood interior is handcrafted in selected and unstained African Mahogany, hand polished and varnished to a satin finish.
- Profile milled cupboards and doors.
- The hull is insulated and lined with Mahogany ribs above berth bottoms.
- Soles of varnished teak plywood with holly inlay.
- Inspection hatches.
- Headlining of white vinyl covered panels with Mahogany strips.
- Saloon converted to starboard settee from twin chairs – 2015
- Grey fabric upholstery - 2015
- Oceanair skyscreen blinds to aft cabin deckhead hatch
- Oceanair white blinds to saloon and forecabin
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- 2 x Wide full size berths, approx 2m.
- Fore and aft cupboards longitudinal above the berths for stowage.
- Additional shower on port in lieu of wardrobe
- Wardrobe and settee on the starboard side and cupboards on the starboard side.
- The berth bottoms are the same as in the aft cabin.
- 2 x Opening portholes in the coach roof and an opening skylight which also can be used as an emergency exit.
- Heads compartment amidships to starboard, standing headroom 1.95m, with white laminated bulkheads together with Corian wash basin and bench surface.
- Electrically operated toilet pump, straight out, or to holding tank.
- Hot and cold pressurized water with single lever tap. The head of the tap may be lifted out for use as a shower.
- Below the sole, designed as a shower tub, is a shower sump which is drained to the sea with an electrical pump.
- Internal lights.
- Cupboards and ventilated wet locker.
- Opening porthole.
- 2 x Settees surround the saloon table.
- Folding tabletop on starboard side.
- Bottle stowage in centre of table.
- Numerous shelves and cupboards.
- Ample overhead lights and reading lights beside settees and berths.
- Grab rail on starboard side in the saloon ceiling and on both sides of the companionway. The companionway steps can be removed for easy access to the engine room.
- Fire extinguisher fitted under the saloon table.
- Standing headroom approx. 1.97m.
- The L-shaped galley is located amidships allowing free passage between the cockpit and saloon, separated from the saloon by a bulkhead with integrated grab rail.
- Stowage area for groceries, outboard of sinks.
- Storage cupboards for plates, cups and glasses, utilising pegboards to secure crockery.
- Cupboard under cooker for pans, etc.
- Waste basket fitting under sink.
- Drawers, 1 x for cutlery.
- Opening porthole above cooker.
- The navigation area is located amidships to starboard, forward of the heads.
- Forward facing navigation table with stowage for charts and drawers.
- Flexible chart lamp.
- Space for individual instrumentation and modern navigation equipment.
- Folding switchboard for easy access, equipped with circuit breakers and fuses, also prepared for additional circuits.
- A passageway on the port leads to the aft cabin.
- Queensize centre line double berth
- Cupboards and shelves to port.
- Hanging wardrobe and shelves to starboard.
- The berth bottoms are unvarnished and ventilated with holes to avoid dampness.
- 4 x Opening portholes and a skylight, which also can be used as an emergency exit.
- Max standing headroom approx. 1.82m.
- Selden fractional rig with twin spreaders and twin lower shrouds.
- Silver anodised aluminium mast and boom.
- Mast stepped on the coachroof and supported by a galvanised steel pillar, that is placed on the longitudinal and transverse reinforced support beams.
- 1x19-ply stainless steel wire standing rigging - 2001.
- Selden In-mast furling system.
- Furlex headsail furler
- Backstay adjuster, mechanical.
- Selden rod-kicker with gas spring.
- Stainless steel chain plates, bolted to transverse bulkheads, laminated on both sides to the hull.
- Alloy rigging screw protectors
- Mainsheet to a stainless steel sheeting winch, with ball bearing car on a sheet track with trimlines.
- 2 x 2.8 m long Genoa tracks with 2 x sheet blocks with trim lines adjustable from cockpit.
- Mast-mounted spinnaker pole with spinnaker halyard
- Equipment for cruising chute
- Removable inner forestay for cutter rig with tensioner
- Genoa and genneker sheets replaced – 2015
- Lewmar deck gear
- Spinlock clutches
- 2x Andersen 52ST self-tailing primary winches
- 2x Andersen 40ST self-tailing reefing/mainsheet winches
- 1x Andersen 28ST self-tailing halyard winch on mast
- Sanders Sails Vectran in-mast furling mainsail with vertical battens – 2010
- Sanders Sails radial-cut Cruise-Laminate 140% furling genoa – 2010
- Dacron 100% cross-cut working jib – 2001
- North Sails G-Series genneker – 2015 (unused)
- Pulpit in acid resistant stainless steel, fitted with a teak step.
- Pushpit in acid resistant stainless steel with 2 x integrated seats.
- Double stainless lifelines.
- Stainless steel post at transom for aerials and navigation lights
- Varnished cockpit table
- Varnished teak washboards and companionway surrounds
- Shower at bathing platform
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans 12vDC Electric windlass (below deck)
- Bruce 20 kg anchor with 8mm chain
- Rocna 20 kg anchor
- Mooring and spring cleats
- Fore and aft mooring lines
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Sprayhood and extension – 2015
- Bimini - 2015
- LED navigation tricolour and anchor light
- Jonbuoy MOB recovery system
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: email@example.com
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Judel Vrolijk
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 12.20 m
Beam: 2.0 m
LWL: 10.44 m
Maximum Draft: 3.85 m
Displacement: 12200 kgs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 4JH3-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1950
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (600 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: (230 Litres)
Holding Tanks: (40 Litres)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Wind speed and direction
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.