Gorgeous boat! Immaculate & well equipped.
Fair Winds is a very late production Camano Troll. Only 530-hours on the Volvo engine. Beautifully kept! Featuring the large flybridge with bimini. Hull #200 has a hardwood sole, tasteful upholstery, perfect finishes; she shows as a nearly new boat. This is the Camano you have been waiting for.
She has all the gear: Webasto forced air diesel furnace, new canvas, new Bentley's helm chairs, Dual Racor fuel filters, Force-Ten stainless stove, Maxwell windlass & genuine Bruce anchor, Raymarine electronics with new chartplotter at flybridge, radar, ST6001 autopilot, Aquapro inflatable with Weaver snap davit.
The Camano 31 with her Keelform hull is a beautifully designed semi-displacement trawler; ideal for cruising the northwest.
Fair Winds shows an amazing pride of ownership. Come and see her! Ready for your family's next Expedition.
Call Steve Scruggs with American Tugs & Trawlers to see this Camano 31. Anytime at 206-321-2164.
This is a two owner boat and this broker has known both families. Always well kept with pride of ownership.
Send me an email for a link to a high resolution photo gallery. Steve@americantugs.com
Please contact Steve Scruggs at (206) 321-2164
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Camano Yachts
Designer: Bob Warman
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 31 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 6 in
Length of Deck: 28 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 3 in
Displacement: 12000 lbs
Total Power: 200 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: AD41P-A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 530
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 200 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 15 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (77 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminium (133 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (14 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
The Camano has a great layout. The salon and interior helm are on one level and surrounded by glass. The views are clear whether you are at the helm, or seated at the salon table.
A large salon table is aft with seating on two sides. A new Bentley's co-pilot chair can face either forward while underway or aft and onto the table.
Drop down a few steps as you move forward and the galley is on port, flooded with light from the large forward windows above.
The head is on starboard. It is a very nice fiberglass liner which will be very easy to clean and maintain. Equipped with a new Tecma head system (2016) and a poly holding tank, this is the best gear available.
Forward is the master stateroom with vee-berth. It is a double. A filler cushion makes it really large. An overhead egress hatch and port & starboard portlights make it bright and easy to cross ventilate. The overhead hatch is equipped with an Ocean Air skyscreen privacy and screen combination unit. Dual custom book shelves on the aft wall.
Webasto diesel forced-air furnace heats the boat, with ducts in all spaces.
- Hardwood teak & holy sole from the factory
- Convertible dinette makes a large double berth
- -Cushions for the convertible berth are stowed forward
- Webasto Airtop 3500-watt diesel furnace ducted throughout
- New Bentley's helm chair that is fully adjustable - super comfy!
- -Both Bentley's chairs will face forward or aft. Great for driving or just spending time aboard.
- Open and airy interior feel
- Quality fabrics and textures
The Camano galley is below the very large salon and pilot windows. It is flooded with light and feels very large due to the abundant headroom and generous storage.
- Force-Ten stainless 3-burner stove with oven & broiler
- - Large 20Lb. LPG bottle in dedicated vented locker at cockpit
- - LPG control, combustible fume detector and safety solenoid
- Large stainless deep sink
- - Pressure hot & cold water
- Microwave oven - Goldstar stainless steel
- - can be powered by inverter circuit when underway
- Refrigerator - Nova Kool
- - Laminate insert in refer face, finished to match other joinery
- - 12-volt
Fair Winds is equipped with the Camano DC System upgrade which included 2ea extra house batteries and a second engine mounted alternator. Construction details and quality are fantastic, systems are more similar to much larger yachts.
12-Volt DC electrical system:
- 12-volt breaker panel with meters
- Quality pre-tinned yacht cable wiring
- 4ea Group 27 105-amp AGM marine batteries (8-2015)
- 1ea dedicated engine start battery
- 2ea engine mounted alternators - factory option
- Ample Power Next Step - multi-step alternator regulator for house bank
- Heart Link 10 amp-hour meter - advises percentage of battery remaining
120-volt AC electrical system:
- 120-volt breaker panel with meters and polarity indication
- 30-amp shore power system with cord
- Pro Mariner Promatic 30-3 battery charger
- ZincSaver II galvanic isolator
- Xantrex Pro-Watt 1750-watt power inverter
- - Dedicated microwave inverter circuit
- - Inverter remote at galley
- 6-gallon hot water heater
- - heats water from engine or electrical system
- Raymarine RL70C with C-Map charts - LCD color plotter
- - Raymarine radar on custom mast
- - Raymarine GPS
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata
- - Speed, depth, temp & log functions
- Raymarine ST-6001+ autopilot with corepack & hydraulic drive
- Standard Horizon Spectrum + VHF radio w/ DSC distress
- Compass by Danforth
- Raymarine A67 plotter - color LCD - new!
- - Gold bundle with Navionics charts
- - new touchscreen system - built in GPS
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata
- - Speed, depth, temp & log functions
- Raymarine ST600R system & autopilot remote control
- - Repeats all SeaTalk system data
- Standard Horizon RAM microphone - full control over VHF at lower station
- Compass by Danforth
- Pioneer DEH-1300 am/fm/cd stereo with 45W x 4 internal amplifier
- Salon speakers
- Glomex television antenna
Dinghy, Ground Tackle, Canvas & Safety
- 2003 AquaPro SMR901 inflatable - New Zealand made
- - 9-foot length
- Weaver snap davit system
- - Stainless steel
- Bruce 22 Anchor - Genuine Bruce quality!
- Anchor chain -appx 50-feet 1/4"
- Anchor rode - Nylon -appx 250-feet
- Maxwell vertical gypsy windlass
- - power up & down
- - controls at bow & interior helm
- Stainless anchor roller - large and nicely done
- Hose Coil Anchor washdown hose
- Hose Coil Cockpit washdown hose
- 300-foot x 3/8 nylon rode - New England new spool
- Bimini with stainless steel frame - new Sunbrella canvas
- Cockpit cover with stainless frame - new Sunbrella canvas
- Flybridge privacy screen - new Sunbrella & Mermet canvas
- Bimini boot
- Windshield covers - Mermet fabric
- - All windows and door have Mesh screen covers
- Flybridge dash & instrument cover
- Large swim step and transom door
- Life ring
- Mooring gear & lines
- Fire extinguishers
- Extra fenders
- Fender storage in cockpit - 2ea triple fender racks
- Bow thruster
- Bentley's multi position helm chair - new
- Bentley's multi position co-pilot chair - new
- - co-pilot chair can face either forward or aft
- Cockpit shower - fresh water - hot & cold
- Webasto AirTop 3500 diesel forced-air furnace
- Volvo TAMD41P-A 200hp diesel
- - Dual alternator option
- - Ample Power "Next Step" regulator
- - Walker Air Sep option - draws crankcase ventilation thru intake for super clean engine room
- - fresh water cooled with heat exchanger
- - Only 530-hours since new.
- Dual Racor fuel filtration option
- Hewit exhaust gas temp gauge (pyro gauge)
- 1.5" stainless prop shaft
- Tides Marine dripless shaft seal
- 4-blade bronze propeller
Design Review: Northwest Yachting
“Here’s a new boat we’re sure is going to generate plenty of interest among serious boaters - big enough to comfortably cruise just about anywhere, yet small enough to be easily handled by a couple; fast enough to get from point A to point B in a reasonable amount of time with plenty of additional power on demand to handle adverse wave or sea conditions, yet fuel efficient enough to make that time not cost prohibitive; pretty enough to satisfy even the most die-hard traditionalist, yet not requiring the excessive upkeep time so many “productions” boats do. “There are other assets to the large volume keel besides performance and fuel efficiency. It also happens to be the perfect place to put the engine...low, level and out of the way, especially in a boat of this size. The keel, along with the skeg-protected prop and rudder, also provides excellent protection against those obnoxious chunks of driftwood we so often run across in Northwest waters. “Topsides, the Camano’s slightly rounded fishboat transom and classic workboat bow and house remind us so much of the trawler-style yachts we so dearly love here in the Northwest. But - guess what? - with all her attractive traditional looks, there’s not a stick of wood on the exterior to sand, varnish, oil or to sweat about! “The interior of the Camano is as open as can be with a forward V-berth(followed by the ample U-shaped galley to port and an enclosed head(with shower) to starboard. Up a couple of steps aft and you’re in the large main salon with convertible settee and lower helm station. The main salon is on the same level as the aft deck. All in all, a comfortable cruising package.”
New Boats, NW Yachting, August, 1992
Keelform Hull Design
The Keelform hull is the result of a science program of the University of British Columbia and Camano Marine. The goal of the program was the development of a hull which:
- provides more speed with a given engine size;
- reduces fuel consumption in the most widely used speed range -- between 12 and 18 knots;
- can be stabilized to prevent the boat from rolling in rough seas without mechanical devices like stabilizers, etc. (Stabilizing should be possible at a low speed to avoid the hard pounding of normal semi-planing and planing hulls. In fact, the Keelform hull of the Camano 31 creates enough dynamic lift to stabilize the boat at a speed of only about 11 knots.)
- runs 19-20 knots top speed and up to 18 knots cruising speed, with a single 200 hp Diesel engine; (At 8 knots the Camano 31 consumes just over 1.5 gallons of fuel and at 15 knots just over 6 gallons per hour, and it thus offers a fuel economy unmatched by any other hull form.)
- provides a smooth, dry ride in rough water because of a special flare in the bow section of the Camano 31.
Fair Winds has been nicely kept. Her hull and deck shine with bright luster, stainless is clean, and engine maintenance is current.
- Hull and topsides waxed 10-2016
- New AGM house batteries 8-2015
- New canvas 2015
- New Bentley's helm and co-pilot chairs 2015
- -Both chairs can face forward or aft.
- New Tecma head 2016
- New Raymarine touchscreen chartplotter 2015
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Personal effects, art, tools, instruments of navigation and galley contents are not included in this offering. All items in photos may not be included.