Banana Wind is the most customized Farr 56 built. Her refinements and beautiful condition make her unique, additionally this condition is partly limited usage and partly due to ownership insistent on keeping her tip top.
She is purpose built for cruising fast and in luxury. She is one of only 15 Farr 56's built, and she is configured with three staterooms, and three heads, a full galley, gorgeous salon, great storage, and custom features no other Farr 56 possesses.
Equipped with Rondal flush hatches, electric table in the cockpit, custom hard top and many more really impressive options, that it goes without saying: this is a great couples cruising yacht offering tremendous living space, a proven sailing platform, elegance, dependability and speed.
She is intra-coastal friendly, super stable, fast, and she features upgrade electronics, hydraulic winches, Rondal hydraulic furling head-sail systems, Leisure Furl roller furling boom, a retractable bow thruster, utility workshop, and new A/C air handlers. Additionally she has an inside engine throttle and shift control station with an elevated helm chair not commonly found on her sister-ships.
She has all the right stuff in every way shape and form. A very special boat in exceptional condition. Decks have been re-seamed, varnish is fresh.
Trades possible - please contact Dana for details.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 57 ft 9 in
Beam: 16 ft 7 in
LWL: 50 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 45182 lbs
Ballast: 14061 lbs
Total Power: 160 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: 160
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1289
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Engine Power: 160 HP
The interior of the Farr 56 delivers a surprising and impressive standard of comfort.
PILOT HOUSE: Her accommodations include a spacious pilothouse area with panoramic views HI-DEF, 32-inch flat screen for display purposes, engine, autopilot and generator controls fitted as standard, together with the array of state of the art instruments for system controls and navigation that are part of the cruising yachtsman's preferred accessories.
- Selected cherry wood interior
- Custom hi-Io table
- Custom navigation chair
- Portlights with Rollo blinds
- Sky Sol blinds to pilothouse
- 2 Pull-out drawers underneath sofa
- Wet locker forward of port side sofa
- Engine access through salon floor with heavily insulated door openings on gas struts
- Firelight dimmers to overhead lights
Isotherm icemaker built in behind flush wood panel
- Samsung hi-def 32” plasma TV aft bulkhead by nav station with separate DVD
- Samsung hi-def 32" plasma TV on forward salon bulkhead for entertainment with separate DVD
- Bose 35 surround sound with white speakers
- Black leather upholstery on salon sofas and navigation chair
- Direct TV receiver
- Complete Nav Station including engine and transmission controls with an optional raised helm chair.
- NavPod MP 290 fitted to pedestal bar/table
- Fixed cockpit table with refrigeration inside
Recessed compass at helm
- Full-width sprayhood stainless steel frames
Opening Strataglass windows
- Bimini with stainless steel frame, removable sides, and glass and mesh material.
- Zip-in piece to sprayhood
- Cockpit cushions (closed cell foam)
- Light under cap of pilothouse
LED type lights in custom mount sockets
- Helm wheel storage in overhead while in port
GALLEY: Moving aft and down two steps to port is the separate galley. The central location minimizes motion at sea and provides privacy for the chef, while still allowing good access to the aft cabin and salon. Comprehensive equipment includes a stainless steel gas stove with grill and oven, microwave, twin stainless steel sinks, and a fridge and two freezers.
- Custom made twin sinks
- Corian surfaces
- Panasonic convection microwave
- Aluminum grills both under and above microwave front, for looks and air circulation
- Pull-out trash bin compartment
- Hatch in galley floorboard to storage area
- Solenoid gas shut-off located in galley
- Immersion heater for instant hot water
- Pressurized hot and cold water
- Two upgraded stainless steel VECO Frigoboat front-opening refrigerators (or freezer selectable) with keel cooler compressor
- Top loading freezer (or refrigerator selectable) drawer freezer both with keel cooler compressor
- Force 10 three-burner stove with grill and oven
- Manual foot pump for freshwater/galley
- Stove exhaust fan
MASTER STATEROOM: The substantial aft stateroom features a king-size centerline berth, with TempurPedic mattress, a vanity unit/writing desk, seating area, and a multitude of hanging lockers and drawers. Its own generous ensuite head completes the ambience.
- Safe in hidden location
- Firelight dimmers for overhead lights
Samsung hi-def 42" Plasma TV with separate DVD
- Makeup vanity with lights
- Ample drawer storage
Separate shower with Groshe Geotherm fixtures
- TempurPedic king mattress
- Acustimass 3 Sound System
- 2+1 settee to port
- Ample hanging locker storage
- Aluminum ventilation grills in clothes locker
FORWARD: Forward there is a choice of two spacious cabins together with two heads, one of which is ensuite to the starboard double guest cabin. The port cabin has hi-lo bunks. Forward of a watertight bulkhead with door you will find sail storage and a workshop area. The pilothouse seating area provides great visibility and ample space for dining and entertaining.
- Double berth
- Additional door between two forward cabins
- Firelight dimmers for overhead lights
- Drawer storage
Ensuite head with Groshe Geotherrn fixtures
- Sharp LCD 15" flat screen TV with separate DVD
- Aluminum ventilation grills in clothes lockers
- Hanging locker
- Washer/dryer stacked combo
- Over/under bunks that make into a settee when not used as a stateroom
The rig measures just under 65’ clearance, and was designed for accessing most of the bridges on the east coast of the United States allowing for better cruising access to many otherwise unreachable areas.
- Raymarine ST290 Maxi Display instruments
- Raymarine E120 Radar/Plotter/Sonar, color display with a 4KW radar array
- Raymarine autopilot system, ST7001 Plus display, S3G course computer, Autopilot with Mamba drive
- Raymarine Raytec 6.1 laptop computer system
- Raymarine E15023 remote
- Raymarine E12185 lifetag system
- Raymarine ST600 socket on the mast
- SSB ICOM M-802
Antenna tuning box AT-140
- Simrad/Shipmate RS 87 DSC, dual station external speaker VHF
- XM-radio and antenna, bracket for antenna receiver only fitted to aft deck radar pole
- Iridium 9505 Sat Phone w/docking station laptop interface
- Stratum Five Marinetrack satellite vessel tracking system
- Actisense AIS system
- Sat TV antenna system
- Raymarine E120 Radar/plotter/sonar display
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot controls
- Raymarine ST290 Maxi Display
- Simrad/Shipmate RS 87 dual station external speaker VHF
- Raymarine ST290 Maxi Display, 2 each
- Raymarine Tridata wind instrument
- DC service system 24v
- Batteries 6 X 200 Amp Hour Sealed Glass Matt giving 600 Ah at 24v
- Charging from a 24v, 110 amp alternator off the main engine with automatic regulator
- DC switch panel with circuit breakers located near the nav station
- AC system 230v/50 amp service at 60hz. Usage in amps is typically only 16 amps at 230
- AC outlets in each cabin
- 230v 100amp AC battery charger
- Isolating transformer for shore power
- Shore power lead 25m
- 50amp shore power connection both at transom and forward sail locker
- Mastervolt 24/100 – 24v, 100amp battery charger
- Mastervolt 24/6 – 24v, 6amp battery charger
- Mastervolt 24/2500 – 24v to 117v 2500 watt inverter
- Mastervolt shore power protection transformer
- Mastervolt Smartswitch/Masterswitch 16 for 220v system. Automatic switching
between shore power and genset
- Mastervolt AC/DC control panel
- Mastervolt Whisper 15000, Generator 1800 rpm, 15kW, including PTO pump in sound box, 475 hours on 11-2015
- Silent exhaust system for Mastervolt genset
- Hull fittings integrated to the full bonding system
- Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp turbo charged diesel engine
- Flexible coupling connected to 45mm stainless steel shaft
- 24" three-blade feathering Maxprop (and new spare)
- Water separator for engine exhaust
- Sea water manifold/strainer system for all sea water inlets
- Three electric bilge pumps for sail locker, main, and lazarette
- Manual bilge pump controlled from cockpit
- 12v engine start battery 100Ah, new in 2014
- Automatic engine room fan
- Fuel tank selector change-over valve
- Stainless steel fuel, water, and holding tanks
- Vacuum toilets throughout
- 3-way valve/direct overboard option or to holding tank
- Holding tank status gauge
Additional fuel tank under starboard forward cabin. Approx 200 Iiters
- Fuel pumped by transfer pump to either port or starboard main tank
- Silent exhaust for main Yanmar engine
- Ambassador rope cutter fitted to prop shaft
- Retractable hydraulic bow thruster
- Eberspacher Hydronic 10kW water heater in aft lazarette for air heater
- 43gph Sea Fresh watermaker, new membrane 2015
- Air conditioning to all cabins: 48,000btu reverse-cycle Cruisair with digital control and remote for each cabin. New 27000 BTU unit in Salon October 2015
- 30gal gray water holding tank
- 400gal fuel in three tanks with one Racor each
- Hot water heater
- Splendid stacked washer/dryer
A Hallmark feature of this particular Farr 56-58 is the liberal use of flush Rondal hatches, substantially cleaning the deck of toe stubbing features, and also adding a bit of class to her build out quality. This is a fairly unique attribute and adds
A large lazarette locker aft accessed by two watertight flush Rondal hatches and a separate 30 Ib, two tank propane gas locker to port.
THE SHED: Forward, in addition to chain locker, is a large area that is accessible from below and acts as a workshop with a built in spinnaker locker. This area has a watertight bulkhead.
COCKPIT: The cockpit is the control center of the yacht. The winch controls, furling controls, bow thruster controls, are all conveniently placed on the steering pedestal for easy access. The winches surround the cockpit coaming and are all conveniently positioned so that they can be easily used from either inside or outside the cockpit.
- Teak laid deck using 12mm teak and teak capping rail
- Watertight bulkhead just aft of saillocker/work shop area
- Large lazarette locker with access from two aft deck hatches
- Lewmar stainless deck hatches
- Anderson stainless 66 ECST two-speed hydraulic primary winches
- Anderson stainless 50 ECST two-speed hydraulic mainsheet winch
- Anderson 50 CST two-speed furling winch
- Anderson 50 CST two-speed halyard winches
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats
- Stainless steel anti-chafe strips on the capping rail adjacent to the cleats
- Gates in the guard-rails
- Full-width sprayhood
- Lewmar Royale steering pedestal and Lewmar Mamba rod steering system
- Cockpit table with built-in refrigerator
- Hydraulic anchor windlass
- 30kg stainless steel Bruce-type anchor and 80m chain
- Harken Staysail sheets and cars on the sheet track
- Two extra cleats above transom for when moored stem to
- Davits-Simpson 225-Series 7 - Electric integrated drive
- Kedge anchor with warp and chain
- Dog ladder to bathing platform
Custom design in stainless steel and teak
- American propane system and electronic shut-off valve in galley
- Winslow six-person Iiferaft, vacuum bagged
- Life raft storage space in aft deck storage to provide easy access at sea
- Harken black anodized deck gear.
- Winch button beside winch (standard) and repeated on steering pedestal (6 buttons)
- Custom antenna bracket to Scanstrut to carry SAT-TV, XM-radio, AIS antenna and
- Iridium sat phone
- Flush Rondal glass hatches to forward deck (5 in total)
- Flush Rondal glass hatches to aft deck (2 in total)
- High-pressure deck wash pump. Switch over between sea and freshwater
- Guillotine type electric washboards
Many recent upgrades (August 2015) including blocks and winches all serviced along with hydraulic system service.
Also, the Farr 56 is supplied with a custom Forespar solid rod rig, a batten car system, and fully battened mainsail with the new generation of boom furling systems.
The rig has a hydraulic furled cutter stay. There is a Navtec manual hydraulic package that controls the vang and backstay together with powered winches that allows complete push button control from the safety of the cockpit. Leisure Furl Boom with updates for ease of use.
- Main Sail UK Dacron new 6-2015. Leisure Furl Boom.
- North Sails 3DL Marathon, 95m2 mainsail for leisure furl system (new 2009)
- North Sails 3DL Marathon 150%, 183m2 (new 2009)
- North Sails 3DL Marathon staysail, 60m2
- 107% North Sails, G3 Gennaker in black/white pattern
- Syversen squeezer
- Forespar mast and main boom, painted white with reduced height. Maximum height off the waterline 64'10"
- Reflective stripes
- Headsail windows
- Forespar spinnaker pole, upgraded to carbon, painted white
- Lewmar winch, Hydraulic for reefing:
- PTO back-up from Mastervolt generator
- Hydraulic headsail furling system
- Hydraulic staysail furling system
- Tube spreaders/open spreaders (2 pairs), includes LED spreader lights
Spreader lights with dimmer switch
- Insulated backstay to rod backstay, used as SSB antenna.
- Two boom lights over cockpit, with dimmer
- Radar bracket in stainless steel with rope guard around antenna, fitted to main mast lighting master to Forespar mast
- Hull and deck hand laid in purpose-built modem laminating mold
- Isophalic polyester resins with a multiaxial matting over a Divinycell foam core
- Cove line and double boot top in black gelcoat
- Hull internally painted with topcoat throughout
- Internal stiffening provided from a bottom grid made from a female mold
- Keel stub integral with hull forming a deep bilge
- Bolt on wing keel for high performance
- Spade rudder with 125mm aluminum stock mounted using self-aligning bearings
- Sea ground plates plus ground plain net laminated into hull to give sufficient ground to
- SSB ground plane
SPARE PARTS, extra gear
- Masthead wind instrument transducer
- Ray Marine speed transducer
- Raymarine in-hull depth transducer
- Raymarine thru-hull depth transducer
- Raymarine DSM 300 sonar/ fish finder
- 33G course computer
- New 24-inch 3-blade Max-prop (spare)
The Farr 56 Pilothouse is the ideal yacht for the long-term cruising couple planning extended periods aboard without the need for additional crew. Her light and airy pilothouse, large internal volume, cavernous deck storage, great machinery access, and palatial aft cabin have become the hallmark of this genre.
With only 1045 hours on her engine, she has been lovingly, carefully used.
Furthermore, she is ICW capable.
Her abilities: blasting along in the trade winds, afternoon sailing around the bay in light air, offering welcoming entertainment for family, and providing a safe platform for family holidays. The Farr 56 is comfortable, able, and will ADD MEMORIES TO YOUR LIFE.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.