A well maintained and presented example of the popular Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 43DS. She is in the same private ownership from new and viewing is highly recommended to fully appreciate this lovely yacht. She has a very good inventory and is waiting for a new owner to make full use of her.
A good sailing performance combines with a beautiful and versatile interior making this Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 43 DS a very desirable yacht that has been lovingly maintained. On stepping aboard from the stern you enter an offset transom gate into the spacious cockpit. The centrally mounted wheel has good visibility over the deck saloon roof and the binnacle provides ample instrumentation and controls for the bow thruster. All lines are led aft for ease of sailing control.
Descending the companionway steps you enter the saloon and immediately notice the joinery and general high build quality, along with the feeling of space in this well thought out raised saloon yacht. The beauty of this deck saloon design is the wrap-around windows and raised central area giving wonderful visibility, light and ventilation, which set this yacht apart from other designs and of course offers comfort and protection from the elements when underway in less favourable conditions.
A superb and practical galley is located to starboard, with a huge amount of work surface (usually only found on much larger yachts), with double sink, gas stove, an enormous fridge plus coolbox and excellent stowage. Forward of this is the “U” shaped seating around the saloon table, and opposite to port are two armchairs either side of the chart table and navigation area. Aft of the Nav area is a heads compartment with separate shower stall that can be accessed from the saloon or en-suite to the aft cabin. The aft cabin itself is a huge full width owner’s cabin with centreline double berth and excellent stowage throughout. There is additional access to the owner’s cabin with a door to starboard aft of the galley. The forward end of the saloon has access to the forepeak area housing a further double berth, dressing table and en-suite heads/shower compartment, and again, excellent stowage including a full length wardrobe. There is good all-round access to the engine under the companionway steps.
En-suite cabin has large double bed in Ficelle beige cloth fabric and central lee cloth, dressing table, seating finished in Passo Jaguar Ecru cream, shelving and ample storage including full length hanging locker and en-suite heads/shower compartment.
En-suite centre line owners cabin with a very large double bed in Ficelle beige cloth fabric and central lee cloth, seating finished in Passo Jaguar Ecru cream upholstery, hanging locker, cupboards with shelves and lower sectional storage compartments.
Spacious and light saloon with ergonomic U shaped seating finished in Passo Jaguar Ecru Cream, fixed teak table with solid teak fiddle and ample storage to starboard. The navigation station and entertainment area is to Port with 2 seats, chart table, instruments and Sony radio and CD player
The galley is to Starboard with rectangular double stainless steel sink with covers and one doubling as a cutting board, two burner gas hob, Ena oven, 230 ltr dual compartment top loading 12v fridge with ice tray, storage bin under sink and plenty of storage including underfloor baskets.
The forward toilet is manually operated with holding tank, shower, mirror, stainless steel hand basin and storage. The aft head is accessed from either the owners cabin or the saloon. The toilet is electrically operated with holding tank, mirror, stainless steel hand basin and storage. The shower has a folding seat and proper shower door.
Large gangway below decks with easy access to cabins and standing headroom of 1.95m. Panoramic view from standing position from all areas of the gangway, and underfloor storage compartments and tanks.
- Plastimo binnacle mounted compass
- Raymarine Tridata ST60 speed/log/depth
- Raymarine ST60, wind speed/direction
- Raymarine ST6001, + type 2 autopilot
- Raymarine RL70CRC 7" colour GPS chart plotter with C-Map dual card reader
- 2kw radar scanner linked to a GPS plotter
- ACR Electronics, EPIRB
- Simrad RD68 DSC, VHF radio and hawk windex ariel and cockpit speaker
- Navtex, ICS Navtex 6
- Deck level navigation lights
- Combined deck flood and steaming light
- 2 x anchor, 25m chain and 30m warp
- Lofrans Airon 12v electric windlass
- Boarding ladder to teak swimming platform
- Movable boarding ladder
- Bilge pumps, manual and automatic
- Pulpit with outboard engine bracket, pushpit and guardwire
- Sprayhood (cream, 2013)
- Bimini and aft cover (cream)
- Steering wheel binnacle cover, cockpit table covers and window cover (all cream)
- Warps, fenders including step fender
- Few engine spares
- Cutlery, crockery and utensils (original Jeanneau)
- 4 cylinder diesel, fresh water cooled
- Shaft drive with rope cutter to 3 gathering max prop propeller
- 7 hp bow thruster in tunnel
- 12v system
- 3x110Ah batteries
- Charged by Christel CPS 600 charger
- Shore Power and cable
- 1 x 200ltr plastic fuel tank
- 3 x 550ltr (total) plastic water tanks with level indicator
- 2 x 46ltr holding tanks, fwd and aft heads
- 2 x 3 way valve for holding tanks
- Pressurised hot and cold water system
- Water heated by immersion
- Hot and cold water on transom shower
- Sloop Rigged
- Twin aft swept spreaders
- SS wire standing rigging
- Polyester running rigging
- In mast furling mainsail and furling genoa
- Profurl headfoil
- Track with spinnaker halyards, no pole
- Genoa, 2 x Harken 48, 2 speed self tailing
- Genoa, 2 x Harken 44, 2 speed self tailing
- Main, Kemp (2010)
- Storm Jib (Never Used)
- Liferaft, Seago 8 person and hydrostatic release
- Jon buoy
- Lifebuoy x 2
- Fire extinguishers 4 manual and 1 automatic
- Fire blanket
- Life jackets with harness
- Vetus gas detector
- Emergency Tiller