2004 Morris 51
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bourne, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 529,000 (£ 408,431)
Rarely does a truly spectacular boat come on the market – and Eider Down is definitely one of those boats. Morris built the hull, and then Robinson Boatyard completed the boat as the boatyard owner’s personal boat, to replace his equally spectacular Hinckley SW42. The woodwork and varnish are done to heirloom standards, the systems and backup systems are engineered beautifully.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Please contact Alan Baines at +1 (401) 241-1280
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris / Robinson
Designer: Chuck Paine
LOA: 50 ft 10 in
Beam: 13 ft 12 in
LWL: 46 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Displacement: 15032 kgs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 75 HP
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Rarely does a truly spectacular boat come on the market – and Eider Down is definitely one of those boats. Morris built the hull, and then Robinson Boatyard completed the boat as the boatyard owner’s personal boat, to replace his equally spectacular Hinckley SW42. The woodwork and varnish are done to heirloom standards, the systems and backup systems are engineered beautifully. The boat has a carbon mast, templated and faired keel, which has resulted in a closet full of trophies in races such as the Figawi and the Around Vineyard Race. She has also been offshore proven in the Marion Bermuda Race.
Eider Down would cost north of $1.5m to replace, and is very sensibly priced. The discerning sailor, looking for a fast, strong, seaworthy and elegant boat should have Eider Down at the top of the list!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Laminated vinylester, e-glass, kevlar and cell core FRP.
- Mono hull/fin molded with hull.
- White hull with gold boot and blue sheer stripe/black anti-fouling.
Keel & Rudder:
- Templated lead keel.
- Carbon fiber rudder and rudder stock.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4JH3TE (2002) 75hp @ 3,400RPM.
- ZF Vee Drive reduction gear.
Maintenance & Performance:
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed feathering propeller.
- Cutlass bearing.
- 1.25” Aquamet shaft.
- Edson pedestal cable/quadrant. FRP over carbon shaft rudder.
- Emergency tiller.
- 12v ship.
- 12v emergency system.
- 110v 30 amp.
- 4 x 12VDC, 4D absorbed glass mat batteries – secured, vented.
- Freedom 2500 inverter charger.
- 2 x Alternators.
- 300 amp house
- 90 amp start
- 30 amp shore power (Hubble connector).
- 1 x Heart link 1000 battery monitor
- 3 x Blue seas on/off switches.
- ADS power amp.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Conforming hose/plumbing.
- 1 x 12 gallon hot water heater.
- Marilon through hull fittings.
- 3 x Par Diaphragm (12 VDC automatic).
- 1 x Whale Gusher (manual)
- 1 x Edson Diaphragm (manual).
- 1 x Lovett (12V VDC automatic.
- 2 x 80 gallons ea. – 50 Series Aluminium.
- 2 x Vented fresh water tanks SS (200 gal. total) pressurised.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Sinks and drains overboard.
- Holding tank (new 2015) plastic 40 galls
- 1 x Icom IC-M602 VHF.
- 1 x Icom IC M802 SSB.
- 1 x Northstar 6000I radar.
- 1 x Northstar 6000I GPS.
- 1 x Raymarine RH200 GPS.
- 1 x B&G fathometer.
- 1 x B&G speed/log.
- 1 x B&G wind.
- 1 x B&G network autopilot.
- 1 x Dell XPS 4000.
- 1 x Iridium satellite phone.
- 1 x Ritchie fluid damped magnetic compass.
- 1 x Battery monitor.
- 1 x Weems & Plath clock and barometer.
- 1 x Set Yanmar gauges/alarms.
- 1 x Galley sink.
- Sea Frost refrigerator / engine driven compressor.
- 110v refrigeration
- Princess 3 burner range / oven (LPG in cockpit locker).
- 1 head – vacuflush fresh/salt water
- 1 stall shower
Heating & Ventilation:
- Natural dorade ventilation.
- Espar diesel cabin heater.
- XM satellite radio.
- Alpine amp, DVD and CD player.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Beautifully built in a combination of Curly Maple, Teak and contrasting inlays. All high gloss varnished.
- Owners cabin forward with walk around centerline double bed ample storage and closets.
- Main saloon has a U shaped settee to starboard, around drop down inlaid table that sleeps 2.
- Straight settee to port. Lockers outboard and hull windows.
- Next aft to port is the Nav table.
- To Starboard I the U shaped Galley with Corian countertops.
- Top loaded fridge.
- Double stainless sink.
- Next aft to starboard is a double berth cabin.
- To port is the Head, stall shower and access to the cockpit locker/ workroom and engine access.
- SS rod, Sailtec fittings, hydraulic backstay and boomvang, closed barrel turnbuckles.
- Yacht Braid running rigging.
- Harken furling system.
- GMT Carbon Mast and Forespar, AI leisure furl stow boom.
- Mast step on keel – aluminium.
- 4 x Anderson 46 ST.
- 2 x Anderson 68 ST. Electric.
- 2 x Anderson 52 ST. Electric.
- Pentex laminated 2009 Harding sails.
- 150% Kevlar 2004.
- 135% pentex. 2004
- 100% pentex. 2004
- Heavy Weather jib Dacron. 2004
- Storm jib. 2004
- Trisail. 2004
- Asymmetrical gennaker with sock. 2004
- SS (RA2205 grade) flat stock bolted chainplates to FRP frames
- SS bow rail, stern rail and stanchions.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x Bruce 60kg anchor.
- 1 x CQR 60kg anchor.
- 2 x 200’ length 3/8” galv. Chain.
- Muir 12 VDC vertical capstan anchor windlass.
- Cast chrome bronze chocks and cleats.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Double lifelines.
- 1 x On board emergency training certificate (current).
- 1 x High water alarm.
- 1 x Carbon monoxide alarm.
- 1 x Propane alarm system.
- 1 x Winslow 8-person liferaft.
- 1 x EPIRB system 6/27/09 registration.
- 1 x AIS system.
- 1 x Abandon ship bag.
- 1 x Offshore medical kit.
- 1 x Sea anchor.
- 1 x SSB & VHF emergency antenna.
- 1 x Alternate Egress (forward berth).
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps.
- 1 x radar reflector.
- 1 x Lifesling.
- 12 x Type I PFDs.
- 12 x SOSpenders.
- 2 x M.O.M.
- 1 x Horn.
- 1 x Bell.
- 2 x Olin flare kits day/night.
- 1 x Hand held search light.
- Emergency tiller.
- Wood plugs at every seacock.
- GFCI 120 VAC receptacles.
- Full double life line.
- Full toe rail.
- 1 x Fire Watch FM 200 fixed extinguisher engine compartment.
- Halon extinguisher in battery box
- 4 x BI Portable fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.