Very well equipped J/109 ONE DESIGN and Offshore Sail Inventory - A must see.
Low Maintainance White Gel Coat Hull with Contract Navy Blue Waterline Strip and Canvas,
this boat is stunning!
-2006 Model with updated sail and electronics package
NEW SPRAYED BOTTOM PAINT 8/2016
Hull And Top Sides Polished and Waxed
Interior Detailed - THIS ONE IS READY TO GO!
J/109 features the popular carbon fiber retractable bowsprit (JSprit) and asymmetric spinnaker system and a cruisable 2-cabin interior layout with standing headroom. She is designed with a very low VCG, long waterline, and generous sail plan with the horse power for competitive racing and stability for relaxed cruising when the racing crew is not aboard. The J/109 is stable, easy to sail, and a proven performance boat. There is interior volume and amenities necessary for comfortable cruising and a great dual purpose deck layout.
The sleek profile and generous sailplan give one an immediate sense of the speed potential of the J/109. The hull profile reveals a long waterline, low wetted surface and a low VCG fin keel, designed for excellent stability when sailing short-handed.
Sail handling systems follow the J philosophy of keeping things easy. Halyards and reef lines are cockpit led, mainsheet controls are within reach of the wheel, and inboard sheeting tracks permit the use of both overlapping and non-overlapping headsails. There is ample on-deck stowage, thanks to the removable transom locker, cockpit seat locker and a bow compartment large enough for both the anchor rode and the asymmetric spinnaker.
The interior is European style with two private sleeping cabins and an option for a pull-out double in the large main cabin. The L shaped galley includes a double sink, two burner propane stove and a pressure water system. The nav station is a large sit-down forward-facing console with instrument displays outboard. The head is conveniently located aft near the companionway, providing easy access from the cockpit while underway.
The J/109 laminates and structure are engineered to optimize strength and durability without excess weight. J/109s are built utilizing the SCRIMP infusion molding process. This patented process yields hull and deck laminates that are nearly 50% stronger than those built with conventional hand lay-up methods.
"GBOF" is powered by a Yanmar 3YM30C sail drive engine with split zinc design and two blade folding prop and an 85 liter (18.5 gallon) fuel tank. The steering system features a large diameter Edson wheel with leather grip, a high-aspect spade rudder and self-aligning rudder bearings.
To schedule a viewing contact:
|US (ft)||Metric (m)|
|Shoal Keel Option||5.75||1.75|
|Engine||28 hp||28 hp|
PHRF Rating: 69 / 72
This boat has the deep 7' keel option
- Yanmar 3YM30C 29hp diesel engine with sail drive, hour meter on Yanmar panel in operative, 100 amp Balmar alternator, and fresh water cooling with heat exchanger.
- Yanmar lighted panel recessed in cockpit includes electric stop, tachometer, alarms for oil, battery, and temperature.
- 1" engine insulation with removable front and side engine cover access hatches.
- 2 bladed Flex-O-Fold geared folding propeller.
- High aspect balanced rudder design w/large diameter custom molded FRP shaft mounted in Edson rudder bearing to exceed ABS specs.
- Edson 54" Diamond Series aluminum wheel with natural leather grip on custom molded pedestal with 5" Ritchie compass, through shaft brake, and wheel height stainless guard.
- Custom designed aluminum emergency tiller.
- 12V electric panel with fuel gauge and voltmeter
Varnished cherry wood interior cabinets and bulkheads.
Varnished cherry hull slat siding in main, aft and forward cabins
Simulated 1/2" teak and holly cabin sole.
Deluxe bolstered, navy blue Ultra Suede cushions main salon, nav station and cabins.
2 hanging lockers with locker doors and shelves above, hinged access to storage below V berth, and full-length shelf over V-berth to port.
Settee/berths in main cabin with lee cloths & shelves outboard and 4 storage cabinets, and storage behind back rests.
water bladders located in forward part of seat port and starboard, Batteries located aft end of starboard Settee.
Table with drop leafs, wood fiddles, and bottle storage compartment and padded cover.
Large storage areas behind backrests.
Chart table w/chart storage under table, shelf storage outboard, hinged electrical & instrumentation panel. Tool storage below hinge-up seat, single drawer with cabinet on inboard face below table, and open compartment under tabletop.
Angled teak companionway treads with non-skid strips.
S/S hand rail on Cabin top
AFT HEAD (Starboard side)
Head with recessed wood trimmed door from main cabin and access door to starboard aft cockpit locker.
Head includes handheld pullout shower faucet, sink, vanity, mirror, handhold and storage located outboard.
Gratted floor with sump pump for shower drain.
Y Valve for discharge overboard or to Holding Tank (located in aft storage area)
Side engine access hatch.
- Gimballed,Force 10 LPG 2 burner stove/oven w/S.S. safety bar.
- Highly polished double stainless sink mounted to wheat
colored laminate counter top.
Pull out pressurized hot cold faucet and foot pump fresh cold water
- Molded refrigerator with foam insulation, single lid, and utility
- (2) Dry goods storage areas w/shelf & acrylic slider covers.
- Two utensil drawers aft of stove.
- Additional storage cabinet below drawers.
- Laminated wood fiddle with integral handhold around sink island.
- Pot and pan storage in cabinet under stove/oven.
- Trash storage under sink w/flip lid access.
- Cabinet for cleaning supplies and to acess trash under sink.
- B&G H1000 Electronics on Seahood (2)
- B&G Analog Wind Displays on Seahood
- B&G Linear Ram Autopilot
- RADAR on Pole mounted aft starboard corner (removable)
- AIS Transponder with ON / OFF switch on transmit
- LOWRANCE HDS-7m Color Chart Plotter & GPS at helm
- NORTHSTAR 6000i Color Chart Plotter & GPS at Nav station
Navionics Chart Chip West USA and Hawaii
- ICOM ICM-602 VHF w/Remote Access Mic
- PIONEER CD/AM/FM/DVD/SAT Ready 6" flip up lcd display
- 2 stereo speakers speakers in main cabin
- Speaker shut off switch Main Saloon / Cockpit
- Matrix Gas Detector
- 12v Plug
- 2 GFI Protected 110 Outlets
- Small inverter to run laptop locate under nav desk
- Manual bilge pump switch
- Xantrex battery monitor
- Double spreader HALL SPARS One-Design aluminum mast & boom
package with white powder coat finish.
- Harken QuikVang with purchase system lead aft to port cabin top jammer.
- Retractable Carbon Fiber J/Sprit extendable to 5.5' beyond bow
w/integral end caps and adjuster system.
- Continuous rod rigging package with Harken pre-assembled headstay for
standard Harken headsail furling.
- Running rigging package to include Technora main and genoa
halyards, Spectra spin halyard and sheets, XLS polyester main &
jib sheets,and control lines (LIKE NEW- see pictures)
- Harken split-drum Unit 1.0 standard headsail furling system.
- Sailtec integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Automatic/manual electric bilge pump with float switch
- Pressurized water system
- 1 waterbladder under starboard and por berths in salon
- Refrigerator drain
- 3 AGM batteries with selector switch
- Halogen lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip lights in cabins
- Ceiling light in head
- Light in cockpit locker
- Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and mooring light
- Rig grounded for protection against lightning
Fresh Bottom Paint 8/2016
Hull & Top Sides Polished and Waxed 8/2016
Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa composite construction using biaxal and
unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer for 10 year warranty against hull blisterin.
Large cockpit storage locker on starboard
Propane bottle storage port cockpit locker
Moulded stern platform with removable swimming ladder
Moulded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod
GRP moulded structural bulkhead bonded to hull and deck
All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for stiffness
Heavy-duty fibreglass floor stringer grid infused into hull, including mast and chain plate structure
Balanced spade rudder construction using biaxal and unidirectional glass and large diameter anodised aluminium stock mounted in JP3 self-aligning bearingsters
“SCRIMP” resin infusion system moulding process for optimum laminate strength
3,883 lbs (1.760 kg), 7’ (2,10 m) draft, variable chord, high lift, lead keel bolted and bonded, bolted and laminate to deep moulded stub with sump
Off-white deck with a high traction non-skid White hull. Single tapered gel coat integrated double boot stripe
Foredeck and helmsman moulded toe rails
Large bow locker with laminated watertight forward collision bulkhead
Removable Aft Cockpit Stern "box"
- (2) Harken 46.2 STA (self-tailing) primary winches
- (2) Harken 40.2 STA (self-tailing) halyard winches on cabin top
- (2) 10" Harken Speed-Grip aluminum lock-in winch handles w/(2) PVC handle holders in cockpit.
- 6:1 Harken mainsheet system with integral 4:1 fine tune.
- Harken 4:1 traveler system.
- Harken adjustable jib/genoa lead system with purhcase
- Harken Black Magic 57mm 1967 foot blocks on cockpit coaming side for genoa sheets
- (4) folding Wichard pad eyes for outboard genoa & jib leads mounted outboard of standard tracks. (2 ea side)
- 150 cams for lazy spin. sheets when not in use
- (3) Harken 1958 for tack line on bowsprit and spinnaker sheet blocks on U-bolts fwd. of stern pulpit legs to P&S.
- (8) Harken 6050 teardrop halyard/reef turning blocks mounted to aluminum mast collar. Halyards lead aft through (2) Harken quad 6066 organizers to Spinlock XTS double stoppers.
- Roller furling control line w/Harken 2636 foredeck block, SS lined bulleye fairleads and Harken 150 cam cleat w/425 cam fairlead.
- 2:1 J/Sprit control line leading to (2) Harken 0350 Sprit blocks, 340 block on forward bulkhead, & aft through bulkheads and starboard handrail to cockpit 150 cam.
- (2) bow chocks, (2) 8" bow cleats, (2) 8" stern cleats
- Custom SS stemplate strap w/U-bolt tack fitting, chainplates, & backstay tang.
- (2) Skylight hatches of sizes 15" X 20" and 22" X 22"
- Five aluminum framed cabin opening ports (ttwo of 12" & three of 24" lengths), one fixed 24" port above nav station, on cabin sides. Three 12" cockpit opening ports.
- Thurston cockpit dodger (Dk Blue) with side curtains mounted against splash molding.
- Tinted acrylic companionway drop board with nylon storage rails in cockpit locker.
- ORC size double 5/32" lifelines & tapered stainless stanchions w/bases, large gates to port and starboard, custom bow & stern rails, and stern gate.
- Telescoping stern swim/boarding ladder
- (2) 12" X 24" poly mesh line bags
- Flag staff and American Flag
SAIL INVENTORY to follow
UK and ULLMAN
MAINSAIL: UK Kevlar
JIB: ULMAN FIBERPATH
Includes two piece cockpit cushion set for helmsman coordinated canvas work of lifeline pads and mainsail cover with J/109 emblem to match dodger.
Includes: Hot water tank and plumbing, cockpit shower,
12V Seafrost DC Refrigeration System
Includes 120VAC/30A shore power service with Pro Mariner battery charger, 50ft cord, AC panel and GFI protected outlets.
Telescoping boat hook
First aid kit
2330 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92106