Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Modified Vee
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 3 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Length of Deck: 42 ft 6 in
Engine Option 1: 2x Volvo D6-330 330 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (130 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (400 Gallons)
- Interior Plan
The carefully planned interior maximises the utilisation of space throughout the boat. The rich interior fabrics and carpets that are chosen by the owner to complete and give the vessel her individual character.
- Choice of Layout
The 450 in the standard form provides for a very large deck saloon and a third side cabin with two single berths. The alternative is to have a dinette area on the same level as the galley and deleting the third cabin.
- Side Cabin Option
The third cabin has either two 'L' shaped berths or two bunkbeds, with plenty of floor space and storage cupboards.
- Dinette Option
The dinette layout provides a completely separate dining area situated opposite the galley and on the same floor level, making it very convenient, plus it leaves the deck saloon as a lounge. The dinette incorporates storage lockers and also converts to make a comfortable additional berth.
- Deck Saloon
The raised deck saloon provides a large attractive living area with plenty of room to relax or entertain. On the port side is a comfortable settee with lockers and storage opposite, with a refrigerator and provision for a television. The floor is divided into sections for easy access to the engine space. On the starboard side there is a dining area with full size table (This is deleted with the dinette option).
- Forward Cabin
A self-contained, spacious cabin with a double berth, wardrobe, dressing table, drawers and plenty of shelf space.
A ventilator and escape hatch are built into the deckhead.
As an alternative the cabin can be fitted with two single berths in place of the double.
Adjacent to the fore cabin is a large toilet compartment incorporating a shower unit, plus toilet, washbasin and vanity unit.
- Aft Cabin
The aft cabin of a Broom boat is one of the main features, creating more space than most boats of a similar length. An en-suite toilet and separate shower compartment are provided on the port side. The cabin has a large central double berth. A pair of opening windows are fitted in the transom, providing plenty of light and also a means of escape. There is ample drawer, locker and wardrobe space.
- 12 volt electrical system
- 10kw diesel generator
- Battery charger linked to shoreline
- Battery state indicator
- 3 sets of batteries. One to start each engine, one for domestics
- Mains shoreline with 240 volt ring main round interior of boat
- 240 volt twin sockets in each cabin and galley
- 12 volt socket in deck lounge
- Two windscreen wipers
- Electric horn
- 5 electric bilge pumps (plus large hand pump)
- Engine room fan
The essential part of any serious cruising boat is the galley, and with the 450 Brooms have incorporated their many years experience in ensuring that this is an easy-to-work area. There is an Avonite work surface, plus a hob, grill and oven, refrigerator, stainless steel sink, storage lockers, refuse bin, extractor fan and cutlery drawer.
Only the world's best marine diesel engines are installed in the Broom 450. Please see the price list for full details on the choice, performance figures and costs.
The 450 deck layout develops further Broom's trend for making more use of the aft deck for both in-harbour living and cruising comfort. The all-round transom seating with aft facing athwartship seats surround the table to provide plenty of scope for enjoying the outdoor life. There is good access to the bathing platform with built-in steps each side of the boat. The aft sundeck, transom steps and bathing platform have teak decking for appearance and safety. At the helm position there are three forward facing seats.
- Full set of engine instruments
- Echo sounder
- Speed and distance recorder
- 2 compasses
- Adjustable trim tabs
- 2 fuel gauges
- 1 water gauge
- VHF radio
- Provision for owners choice of
- Navigation aids
- All round stainless steel deck edge fendering.
- Built in transom platform with steps to deck each side.
- Full width radar arch, hinged to lower down.
- Full size aft deck canopy in two sections. Forward section on folding frame with quick release clips.
- Self stowing anchor in bow roller.
- Electric anchor winch.
- 20 fathoms of 9.mm calibrated anchor chain.
- 10 heavy-duty cleats.
- Transom boarding ladder.
- Pair of fender baskets.
- Stainless steel deck ventilators.
- Full set of navigation lights.
- Deck lights in mast arch.
- Recessed lights in transom steps.
- Twin radio aerials.
- Windows, windscreen and hull ports all in stainless steel frames.
- Tinted glass in windows (except for upper screens).
- Forward deck hatches.
- Cover for lower front screens.
- Screen washers.
- Fitted aft deck seats.
- Built in storage lockers on aft deck.
- Table on aft deck.
- Teak decking on aft deck, transom platform and steps.
- Provision for liferaft stowage.
- Ensign Staff.
- 4 Mooring ropes.
- 6 large fenders.
- Hot air ducted heating to each cabin.
- Radio CD player.
- Refrigerator in deck lounge.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room.
- 3 Hand held extinguishers.
- Clock and Barometer.
- Engine tool kit.
- First Aid kit.
- Electric ceramic hob unit.
- Microwave oven and grill.
- Hot and cold pressurised water system.
- Calorifier water heater with 240 volt immersion heater.
- Twin sink units with mixer tap.
- Extractor fan.
- Sea Toilet (electric in aft).
- Plug socket for electric razor.
- Shower (separate aft).
- Hot and cold mixer tap.
- Ceiling lighting.
- Opening window.
- Towel rail.
- Toilet fittings.
- High quality joinery in hand finished carefully selected pale teak
- Sideboard in deck lounge has provision for bottle and glass storage plus television, video
- Internal furnishings, including curtains made by a specialist company after selection by owner
- The main cabins have interior sprung mattresses