2008 Custom Mills 37
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Dublin, Ireland
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 95,000 Tax Paid
A unique IRC weapon from the pen of Mark Mills ready to continue her exemplary record in IRC racing.
Crazy Horse was the first of the of the semi-custom Slim 37 IRC Cruiser Racers following on as a development from Mark Mills highly successful Mariners Cove.
A unique blend of racing performance and cruising capability Crazy Horse combines a comfortable and practical cockpit with a smart seamanlike interior.
Her looks are matched only by her performance which is more than capable of turning a few heads on the IRC circuit.
With an exciting season that include the Commodores Cup in 2016 coming up she would be a fantastic option for any team with serious ambitions!
Adrian Nicolle has been a Professional Yacht Broker for many years; Adrian Nicolle founded Nicolle Associates in 2001.
An experienced sailor (200gt commercially endorsed Master of Yachts) having extensively raced sailing yachts internationally and cruised motor yachts in many areas including the canal system through the length of France, he has served on the executive board of the Royal Southern Yacht Club as Chairman of Sailing and at Cowes Week as Chief Race Officer.
His background is from a customer focused and service led industry and has a broad range of management skills having grown companies from start up to London stock exchange listed businesses with over 200 employees.
While handling most types of yacht sales, Adrian specialises in large sail and motor yachts; he has the marketing and conveyance knowledge, experience, expertise and integrity to represent your needs before, during and long after your purchase.
Contact Adrian Nicolle by email using the link below, or at DDI +44 (0)23 8115 7013, M +44 (0)77 6883 4664 for more details.
Please contact Adrian Nicolle at +44 (0)23 8115 7013
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Davie Norris
Designer: Mark Mills
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 37 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 4 in
LWL: 31 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 7 in
Displacement: 5867 kgs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2008
Engine Model: 3YM30
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Fuel Tanks: 1 (50 Litres)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Shore power inlet
- 8 berths in 2 cabins and Saloon.
- 1 heads with with a vanity unit and sink.
- Hull is produced using S-Glass/ Foam core.
- The hull construction process was engineered by high modulus in New Zealand.
- Carbon sink
- Cold locker
- Bainbridge two burner cooker with oven (2015)
- 1 x Yanmar 3YM30 30hp diesel engine with sail drive.
- Fuel filter.
- Water separator.
- 2 x service batteries
- 1 x engine battery
- Built-in battery charger
- Built-in 16A 240v socket and shore powerlead
- Full B&G race system including a set of 20/20 mast repeater units.
- B&G Hydra.
- B&G H3000 Processor.
- 4 x 20/20 mast displays.
- 2 x FFD displays.
- B&G vertical wand.
- ICOM VHF radio.
- Stereo system.
- 2 x three speed Lewmar primary winches.
- 2 x two speed self-tailing winches for the mainsheet.
- 2 x two speed self-tailing with a speed ring located on the coach roof.
- Winch handles by Lewmar and Harken.
Blocks and Cleats:
- Following refit nearly all blocks and cleats have been replaced in 2015 with all new units coming from Harken.
- All clutches are Spinlock XCS and all units were new in 2015.
- Most fairleads were also replaced in 2015.
Equipment overhauled in 2015:
- Hydraulic motor.
- Yanmar engine.
- Steering strops.
- Steering wheel bearings.
- Skin fittings.
- Gooseneck pins.
- Recently recoated two spreader carbon fiber mast.
- Recently recoated deep carbon fiber racing boom.
- All new rod rigging in 2015.
- Conventional spinnaker pole used for symmetric spinnaker sailing.
- Permanently fitted short bowsprit for asymmetric spinnaker sailing.
- Brand new spinnaker Harken spinnaker pole track and car fitted in 2015.
- Comprehensive running rigging package all renewed in 2015.
- Holmatro hydraulic mast jack from Holmatro.
- Push button electrical hydraulic pump used for adjusting the Aramid single backstay.
- All spectra core strops were replaced in 2015.
- Code zero has been fitted with an anti-torsion stay and new Genoa furling unit in 2015. (Unused).
- 2008 - Symmetric Spi - S2 - SK60 BLUE.
- 2008 - Symmetric Spi - S4 - SK90 RED.
- 2010 - Symmetric Spi - S2 - SK60 RED with "Turtle Wax" Branding.
- 2011 - Symmetric Spi - S6 - SK130 RED with "Turtle Wax" Branding.
- 2014 - Symmetric Spi - S2 - SK60 RED.
- 2008 - Main - Race Main - 3DL - 860L - 16,800dpi.
- 2011 - Main - Race Main - 3DL - 860M - 16,800dpi.
- 2013 - Main - Delivery Main - Cross-cut NorDac.
- 2014 - Main - Race Main - 3DL - 860L 16,800dpi.
- 2008 - Jib - J1 - 3DL - 860L - 14,700dpi.
- 2008 - Jib - J2 - 3DL - 860L - 16,800dpi.
- 2008 - Jib - J3 - 3DL - 860L - 19,600dpi.
- 2011 - Jib - J2 - 3DL - 860M - 16,800dpi.
- 2013 - Jib - J1 - 3DL - 860M - 14,700dpi.
- 2008 - Asymmetric Spi - A1.5 - SL50 / SK60 WHITE.
- 2008 - Asymmetric Spi - A0/A3 - NL 3.2 WHITE laminate.
- 2010 - Asymmetric Spi - A5 - SK 130 WHITE.
- 2011 - Spinnaker Staysail c/w Harken Furling Unit.
- Plus various older spinnakers and jibs.
Crazy Horse was the first of the semi-custom Sllim 37 IRC Cruiser/Racer and is a development of
Mark Mills’ highly successful IRC 39 Mariners Cove. The boat was originally targeted at the middle boat class in the 2008 Commodores Cup but was entered as the small boat with much reduced sail area. Extending the philosophy of true dual-purpose Cruiser/Racers, the design has been optimised to be raced without compromising dual-use features like the secure and comfortable cockpit layout that was refined over many designs, or the smart seamanlike interior, which can sleep 8.
Although originally a custom project, due to the level of interest it evolved to become a semi-production build to allow the talented New Zealand builder Davie Norris to reduce costs for subsequent builds. The S glass/foam core/epoxy construction was engineered by High Modulus NZ, and the project was managed by Chris Main to ensure a high quality package on her Key West race Week 2008 debut.
After her change of ownership, the yacht was been sailed in the Irish Sea, participating solely in Irish regattas.
The yacht has undergone a refit in the early part of 2015, but due to a change in circumstances, is now seriously for sale.
Crazy Horse would be an ideal yacht for the 2016 Commodores Cup.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- This vessel is VAT Paid.
- As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
- This boat is lying in Dublin Ireland.
- Ask us about insuring this vessel.
- Worldwide shipping avaliable.
- Discounted berthing avaliable.
- © 2016 Nicolle Associates