Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Davie Norris
Designer: Mark Mills
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
LWL: 31 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Displacement: 5867 kgs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3YM30
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 30 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
CRAZY HORSE was the first of the semi-custom Mills 37 IRC Cruiser/Racer and is a development of Mark Mills’ highly successful IRC 39 Mariners Cove.
The boat was originally targeted at the middle boat class in the 2008 Commodores Cup but was entered as the small boat with much reduced sail area. Extending the philosophy of true dual-purpose Cruiser/Racers, the design has been optimised to be raced as efficiently as possible, without compromising dual-use features like the secure and comfortable cockpit layout that was refined over many designs, or the smart seamanlike interior, which can sleep 8.
Although originally a custom project, due to the level of interest it evolved to become a semi-production build to allow the talented New Zealand builder Dave Norris to reduce costs for subsequent builds.
The S glass/foam core/epoxy construction was engineered by High Modulus NZ, and the project was managed by Chris Main to ensure a high quality package on her Key West race Week 2008 debut.
After her change of ownership, the yacht was been sailed in the Irish Sea, participating solely in Irish regattas.
The yacht has undergone a refit in the early part of 2015, but due to a change in circumstances, is now seriously for sale.
CRAZY HORSE would be an ideal yacht for the 2016 Commodores Cup.
IRC Rating: 1.083
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The S glass/foam core/epoxy construction was engineered by High Modulus NZ.
Keel & Rudder:
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 3YM30 30hp diesel engine with sail drive.
- Fuel filter.
- Water separator.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Twin blade Bri-ski folding racing propeller.
- Spinlock throttle controls with new handle.
- Built-in 16A 240v socket and shore powerlead.
- 2 x Service batteries.
- 1 x Engine battery.
- Built-in battery charger.
- B&G Hydra.
- B&G H3000 Processor.
- 4 x 20/20 mast displays.
- 2 x FFD displays.
- B&G vertical wand.
- ICOM VHF radio.
- Carbon sink.
- Cold locker.
- Bainbridge two burner cooker with oven (2015).
- Enclosed heads with vanity unit and sink.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 2 x Opening cockpit hatches.
- 2 x Opening coachroof hatches.
- Sloop rigged.
- Crazy Horse is fitted with a 2 spreader mast and deep racing boom both in Carbon Fibre, standing rigging is rod.
- Both spars have been recently clear-coated and look brand-new.
- She has a two spinnaker pole set-ups; a short bowsprit, which is permanently mounted for use with light wind and reaching sails.
- The second setup is with the conventional spinnaker pole, for use with Symmetric sails, often paying dividend in the light to medium wind range.
- A brand-new Harken spinnaker pole track and car was also fitted in 2015.
- She also comes with a comprehensive running rigging package, all renewed 2014-2015 and with plenty of spares.
- A hydraulic mast jack from Holmatro is used for rig setup, as well as a push-button electrical hydraulic pump for adjusting the Aramid single backstay.
- All spectra core strops were replaced in 2015.
- The Code Zero was fitted with an anti-torsion stay and Ubi Maior furling unit in 2015, as yet un-used.
- Virtually every block and cleat has been replaced in 2015, all new units are Harken.
- All clutches were replaced with Spinlock XCS units and most of the fairleads were also replaced in 2015.
- Winches are by Lewmar:-
- 2 x Three speed primaries.
- 2 x Two speed self tailers – mainsheet.
- 2 x Two speed self tailers with speed ring – coachroof.
- Winch handles by Harken and Lewmar.
- Snatch blocks by Harken.
- 2008 - Symmetric Spi - S2 - SK60 BLUE.
- 2008 - Symmetric Spi - S4 - SK90 RED.
- 2010 - Symmetric Spi - S2 - SK60 RED with "Turtle Wax" Branding.
- 2011 - Symmetric Spi - S6 - SK130 RED with "Turtle Wax" Branding.
- 2014 - Symmetric Spi - S2 - SK60 RED.
- 2008 - Main - Race Main - 3DL - 860L - 16,800dpi.
- 2011 - Main - Race Main - 3DL - 860M - 16,800dpi.
- 2013 - Main - Delivery Main - Cross-cut NorDac.
- 2014 - Main - Race Main - 3DL - 860L 16,800dpi.
- 2008 - Jib - J1 - 3DL - 860L - 14,700dpi.
- 2008 - Jib - J2 - 3DL - 860L - 16,800dpi.
- 2008 - Jib - J3 - 3DL - 860L - 19,600dpi.
- 2011 - Jib - J2 - 3DL - 860M - 16,800dpi.
- 2013 - Jib - J1 - 3DL - 860M - 14,700dpi.
- 2008 - Asymmetric Spi - A1.5 - SL50 / SK60 WHITE.
- 2008 - Asymmetric Spi - A0/A3 - NL 3.2 WHITE laminate.
- 2010 - Asymmetric Spi - A5 - SK 130 WHITE.
- 2011 - Spinnaker Staysail c/w Harken Furling Unit.
- Plus various older spinnakers and jibs.
- The yacht’s cradle has brand-new splashes and is mounted on large wheels, two fixed, two swiveling. Also has a towbar!
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 3 x Megafenders.
- 5 x Mooring Lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Full-size mainsail cover.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.