Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: J & J Yacht Design
LOA: 62 ft 11 in
Beam: 16 ft 3 in
LWL: 57 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Displacement: 16500 kgs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 110 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
The Shipman 63 is an iconic fast performance cruiser. Combining a powerful hull shape, carbon composite construction and the twin rudders gives the absolute best of performance, strength and control.
TUCANA was purchased in late 2013 and has had a large refit at Monaco Marine in the South of France. A huge amount of upgrading was completed, including a brilliantly reworked crew cabin forward, new standing rigging, full electronics package that would embarrass a super yacht and many, many other additions.
Since then she has had ongoing maintenance and upgrades which include new running rigging, set of North 3di sails, hydraulic passarelle and a custom carbon tender – to fit perfectly in the lazarette.
Please do call for her full specifications, and a chat about the highest spec’d Shipman 63 on the water. With VAT already paid, she represents amazing value for money.
UK MCA Coded Cat 2.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate).
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull, deck and all structural bulkheads in epoxy-carbon and prepreg epoxy-glass with foam cores cured at 85 degrees C.
- Internal structure and gussets in solid epoxy-carbon and epoxy-glass prepreg cured at 85 degrees C and bonded to both hull and deck with special high-performance epoxy glues.
- Various stainless rub plates, to protect against mooring line chafe.
Keel & Rudder:
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 110hp diesel engine with Gori Prop.
- New engine room white alloy lining throughout, and new pipe work throughout – to MCA standards.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 10 knots.
- Engine Hours: 900 as of August 2012.
- Regular Maintenance every 150 hours.
- Engine removed and rebuilt with various new parts (2016).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Retractable 25hp hydraulic bow thruster.
- Twin carbon wheels.
- Solimar pedestal.
- JP3 bearings.
- Steering mechanism stripped and rebuilt.
- Gori propeller stripped and rebuilt.
- Hydraulics fully serviced.
- 24v, 800A domestic battery bank.
- 12v, 90A engine battery bank.
- AC new compressors.
- New Mastervolt batteries (2016).
- New Mastervolt grounding earth system.
- Automatic 220v battery charger.
- Alternators replaced in 2016.
- Additional alternator for domestic battery charging.
- Mastervolt 12kW generator (2009, c. 1,700 hours run).
- Generator removed and rebuilt with various new parts (2016).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Rigid fresh water tanks with a 700 l total capacity.
- Electronic gauge meters with indicator above chart table.
- Pressurized fresh water system on all taps
- Spectra Watermaker; 200 litres/hr.
- Watermaker rebuilt (everything new).
- A hand operated bilge pump (high capacity) at the helmsman’s position on Port, taking water from the main bilge.
- There are five bilges in the yacht, each having a separate automatic bilge pump.
- Total capacity of 750 litres in 2 x stainless steel tanks. One main tank of 600 litres and one day tank of 150 litres
- Total capacity of 700 litres in 1 x tank.
- Raymarine ST70 autopilot (replaced 2015).
- Raymarine ST70+; 3 x mast displays (2009).
- 2 x Raymarine 240E VHF at chart table and also at helm (2009).
- Raymarine autopilot at chart table and helm, plus remote control (replaced 2015).
- BEP Marine tank monitor.
- 2 x Raymarine G series chart plotter / HD radars; 2 x at chart table and 1 x at end of cockpit table touch screen with joy stick overrides (replaced 2016).
- Furuno Navtex NX-300 (2009).
- Raymarine ST70’s at chart table, helm and skipper cabin position (2015).
- Plastimo compass at helm (replaced 2015).
- New Raymarine instruments includes 2 x 15" screens below 12" in cockpit all new 70i (2016).
- New Thermal camera (mast mounted 14K) two spreader cameras going to hard drive and screens (2016).
- New carbon communications post.
- Integrated fridge in cockpit table.
- Washing machine.
- Tumble dryer.
- Force 10 3-burner gas stove.
- New fridges.
- 1 x Deep freeze.
- New Gaggenau Microwave. Combi grill (2015).
- Corian revamped, and custom waist bin integrated (2016).
- 3 x Vacuflush toilets.
- 3 x Showers.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Heating and air conditioning; both SMXIL (rebuilt 2016).
- 3-speed 24v fans in all cabins (2016).
- New TV's all cabins new, blue ray all cabins, new sky TV all cabins, Bose upgraded.
- Cockpit illumination.
- New LED lighting in engine bay.
- 25 recessed LED spotlights (2015).
- 12 dome lights (replaced 2015).
- 8 reading lights
- 9 courtesy lights
- New underwater LED lights. Blue colour.
- New spreader lights.
- New tri-colour (2016).
- LED chart light nav. table.
Summary of Accommodation:
The accommodation of the Shipman 63 is contemporary, bright and air and with excellent visibility from the saloon, navigation area and the galley. The yacht is unique in that she is fundamentally a deck saloon without looking like one from the exterior. Her sleek lines and clever design gives the best of both worlds.
The forward crew cabin is separated from the owner’s suite by a watertight bulkhead; lots of storage, heads, sink and double bunk, AC and fan for the crew.
Due to the yachts powerful lines, the owner’s suite has a large amount of room, with a large double bed, offset to port and a sofa on the starboard side with plenty of storage forward and on the hull side.
A step up into the saloon are giving excellent exterior views with an open plan feel to the galley, seating area, the navigation area and day heads. The two mirror image aft cabins are both generous in size and comfortable for guests, well separated from the owner’s suite.
- New mattresses and tailored bespoke bedding.
- New skipper cabin rebuilt with small double berth.
- Floorboards revarnished.
- New safe box.
- Rebuilt master shower cubical.
- Carbon spars.
- Keel stepped.
- Sparmaker: Hall Spars.
- PBO standing rigging.
- Carbon v-shaped Hall Spars boom for ease of use.
- Carbon head foil to reduce weight aloft.
- Retractable carbon spinnaker pole.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay, vang and outhaul; operable in cockpit.
- All new running rigging (Tecnora) and fixed PBO rigging.
- New Southern spars foil & furling drum (Bespoke).
- 2 x Electric Harken 990 spinnaker winches.
- 2 x Electric Harken 990 primary winches.
- 2 x Manual Harken 53ST halyard winches.
- Doyle spinnaker in nylon (2010).
- Doyle Code 0 in laminate (2009).
- Doyle storm sails in dacron (2009). Re-made in 2016 with a quick fit system.
- New North 3di sails, new carbon battons (2015).
- New furling inner stay sail 3di system fitted (removable furling system) (2015).
- Flush fitting hatches on foredeck.
- Stainless hydraulic passarelle, with remote.
- Cockpit table with integrated fridge (rebuilt 2015).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x Anchor.
- Full chain and warp; 80 metres.
- Electric windlass; custom retractable arm that is operable at helm.
- Folding mooring cleats.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood (new 2015).
- Bimini (new 2015).
- Cockpit covers (new 2015.
- New cockpit cushion covers.
Tender & Outboard:
- Custom carbon rib tender (new 2015).
- Torqeedo 5hp electric motor (2 x batteries 2016).
- New carbon tender.
- Electric outboard.
- 2 x Jon buoys.
- New fire extinguisher system.
- Carbon 8-man liferaft.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.