2010 KER 40
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 250,000 Tax Paid
Absolutely superb entry to the world of IRC racing. Capable in the Fast 40+ class and winner in IRC for the foreseeable future. New extended bowsprit in 2016 and full set of sails only used in the Commodores Cup and also excellent second set of sails for both inshore and offshore. Rare wheel steered yacht.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Jason Ker
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 6 in
Displacement: 4850 kgs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 30 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The hull and the deck constructed from vacuum consolidated e-glass/epoxy/foam sandwich.
- Additional reinforcement in the way of all deck fittings and other highly loaded areas.
- The structural internal from vacuum consolidated glass/epoxy/foam with sandwich construction unidirectional fibre reinforcement.
- Non-structural internal components are built from glass/epoxy/foam sandwich construction.
- White awl-craft paint finish to topsides and deck gloss areas. Refurbished in 2017.
- Paint finish non-skid areas on deck. Repainted in 2015.
- Cockpit Floor: cockpit deck grip replaced with foam in 2017.
- Painted exterior hull and decks. Repainted in 2017.
- Underwater paint is Durapox. Resprayed in 2017.
Keel & Rudder:
- Autoclaved prepreg carbon rudder stock.
- Corecell foam cored, carbon skin rudder blade.
- JP3 upper and lower self-aligning rudder bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 30hp diesel engine with sail drive.
- Fully serviced 2015.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Folding 2-bladed prop.
- Spinlock flush throttle control.
- Optional McConaghy twin carbon wheel steering system.
- 12v DC switch panel/battery isolator and selection switch.
- 2 x House batteries (2015).
- 1 x Engine battery (2015).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Fresh water hand pump at galley sink.
- Total capacity of 40 litres.
- 2 x 50 litres fresh water bladder tank.
- B&G H3000 Hercules performance processor.
- H3000 instrument handbook.
- 3 x 20:20 HV displays.
- 2 x 10:10 displays.
- 2 x GFD displays.
- Speed impellor.
- Depth impellor.
- Calibrated load cell.
- Deckman, C-map, Deckman tides (winning tides) software loaded onto Dell laptop.
- VHF stereo.
- Bulkhead mounted compass.
- Lightweight 2-burner stove.
- Moulded sink.
- Red/white cabin lighting in saloon, galley, heads and navigation areas.
- LED navigation lights – pulpit and pushpit mounted.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Interior: Lightweight racing paint finish in satin white to living area. All other areas light weight peel ply racing finish.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Navigation station.
- Galley: 2 x sinks & 2 x burner stove.
- Head located forward of mast bulkhead.
- 4 x Hard bottom bunks.
- 4 x Pipe cots.
- Engine box with integrated steps.
- Relaquered 2017, boom refurbished and as new.
- Bowsprit rebuilt, repainted and extended by 700mm (2016).
- Allspars rod test, plus replaced as necessary (2014/2015).
- Retrofit new sheave for fractional spinnaker.
- P: 16.40m.
- E: 5.54m.
- I: 16.02m.
- J: 4.84m.
- SPA: 170m.
- STL: 6.75m.
- 7 x Spinlock clutches along with custom organizers.
- 2:1 mainsail halyard.
- 1 x Fractional jib halyard.
- 1 x Fractional spin / jib halyard.
- 2 x Masthead spinnaker halyards.
- 1 x Mainsheet.
- 2 x Spin sheets.
- 2 x Jib sheets traveller with purchase.
- Main Cunningham with purchase.
- Outhaul purchase in boom.
- 2 x Reeflines.
- Vang purchase.
- Jib car in haul adjuster with purchase.
- Jib lead up down adjuster with purchase.
- 2 x Spinnaker tack lines.
- 2 x Topmast backstay tails.
- 1 x Bobstay.
- Rebuilt mast jack (2014/2015).
- New chocks for main trimmer and runner.
- Full Harken deck gear package.
- 2 x Primary winches – B500.3 TCR primary winch upgrade.
- 2 x Pit winches – Harken B46.2 STA.
- 2 x Mainsheet winches – Harken B 46.2 STA.
- 2 x Backstay winches – Harken B 35.2 STA.
- North – 3DL offshore mainsail (very little use).
- North – 3DL code 1 jib.
- North – 3DL code 2 jib.
- North – 3DL code 3 jib.
- North – 3DL code 4 jib.
- North – windseeker.
- North – jib top.
- North – A1 spinnaker.
- North – A2 spinnaker.
- North – A3 / A0 spinnaker.
- North – A5 spinnaker.
- North – genoa staysail.
- North – spinnaker staysail.
- North – storm jib.
- North – storm trysail.
- North – 3DL860 square top mainsail.
- North – 3Di code 2 jib.
- Ultimate – Mainsail (recut).
- Ultimate – Code 1 jib.
- Ultimate – Code 2 jib.
- Ultimate – Code 3 jib.
- Ultimate – Code 3+ jib.
- Ultimate – A1.5 spinnaker.
- North – A2 spinnaker.
- Ultimate – A4 spinnaker.
- Ultimate – mainsail & J1+ (only used in 3 regattas thus far; to be used only once in 2015).
- North MH Code 0.
- Ultimate J2 (to be used only once in 2015).
- Fractional Code 0 (FRO).
- Ultimate J1.
- Ultimate J2.
- Ultimate J3.
- Ultimate A2.
- Ultimate A4.
- North 3DL J2.
- 2017 Ullman offshore mainsail.
- 2017 Ultimate A2.
- McConaghy autoclaved glass aerofoil stanchions, pulpit and pushpit.
- McConaghy autoclaved glass single leg pushpit.
- 4 x Clear dinghy hatches in cockpit sides for rope stowage.
- Galvanised, demountable cradle.
- Dock box with gas struts.
- Hinged foot chocks.
- Nomex floor boards.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Fenders and mooring lines appropriate for the vessel.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cushions, covers, under bunk storage, and Lee cloths by Pig bags.
- Stainless steel 1/19 wire lifelines.
- Safety equipment to qualify yacht for ORC Cat 3 for 12 people.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.