Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Comar; Int. Valicelli
LOA: 101 ft 9 in
Beam: 21 ft 12 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 16 ft 5 in
Displacement: 68000 kgs
Ballast: 24000 kgs
Total Power: 375 HP
Engine Brand: John Deere
Engine Model: 6081 AFM75
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 375 HP
Number of single berths: 12
Number of cabins: 6
Number of heads: 7
SHADOW is an extraordinary sailing machine. She is light, fast, well balanced and was built for rewarding sailing for her owner and his guests in all conditions. Her interior is light, airy and simply a nice place in which to spend time. She has been meticulously maintained from launch and 2015 sees a series of significant updates together with a spectacular new wardrobe. Equally at home cruising or on the regatta circuit, she also comes with an eye catching livery and sleek good looks. She is professionally maintained and she is inly used privately. Despite her performance potential she has never been raced. Her lifting keel gives her the potential to enjoy many private ports and anchorages in the Mediterranean without worrying about draft. Her sail handling systems are easily managed and she offers the opportunity for rewarding sailing even in very light airs.
Some of the work that has been completed in 2018:
- Winch service.
- Sikoflex replaced.
- Lifting teak fixed.
- Hatches resealed.
- Sealant in showers replaced.
- Owners area floors refinished.
A full list will be available when the refit is complete.
- New Capstan on the foredeck which retracts when not in use.
- New Mastervolt battery charging system for all battery banks.
- New Mastervolt gel batteries the house, hydraulics and capstan and windlass.
- Full safety audit with new fire extinguishers throughout and new independent automatic bilge pumps in each section of the bilge.
- Sail maintenance and repair.
- Watermakers serviced and repaired.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in auxiliary generator fitted.
- Keel rams removed and serviced.
- Hydraulic system checked and serviced including the keel mechanism.
- New running rigging.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
On deck ‘SHADOW’ is stunning, with virtually full coverage flush decks, crew cockpit with twin wheels and twin navigation pods. The guests can enjoy the ride from their own very spacious cockpit area with ample seating and sunbathing space, and room for all important al fresco style dining under her bimini.
- Hull, deck and superstructure are E-Glass and carbon composite formed over male plugs with vacuum bagged laminates and dual density Corecel foam core.
- Hull and superstructure are post cured and painted in Dark Grey Awlgrip.
- All exterior surfaces are filled faired and finished with International Paint system.
- The entire deck including the steering and seating cockpits are sheeted with 10mm x 50mm teak decking quarter-sawn planks with no visible fastenings and perimeter margins to bulwark and cockpit.
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel fin is fabricated from high tensile steel coated and faired for underwater use, then bolted to the cast lead bulb and glass lap joined.
- Two custom internal hydraulic cylinders control the lift keel, which are fabricated by C.R.F Modena Italie, they are 6,000 watt 24V 313 amp.
- The rams are ATOS HMP-011/350.
- These are controlled by a hydraulic command system to ensure a steady lift.
- The keel is locked when in the down position. In the up position, the hydraulic rams keep the keel in situ.
- 2 x custom built cradles for use when SHADOW is ashore for maintenance.
- The rudder is elliptical in shape and fabricated of GRP with closed cell polyurethane.
- The rudder is mounted on two stainless steel AISI 316 ball bearings.
- The lower ring is supplied with a waterproof o-ring, the upper ring is provided with a greasing valve.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x JOHN DEERE 6081 AFM75, 6 cylinder 375 HP Engine.
- 1 x Twin Disc MG5061SC gearbox.
- SHADOW’s systems are all maintained by her full time crew in accordance with the Manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The main engine has approximately 1,360 hours as at August 2017.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Steering is connected via under deck quadrant spectra lines and rudder bearings top and bottom.
- There is a stainless steel emergency tiller stored in the aft lazarette.
- Max power bow thruster controlled by the helm position.
- SHADOW comes with a comprehensive spares inventory and all the necessary proprietary tools for normal maintenance procedures.
- Cortesi & Casadei electrical control board with single pole switches and LED alarms.
- 24V DC system comprises total of 700 Amp of gel batteries isolated in watertight wood and GRP boxes with safety covers.
- Mastervolt AGM 6V 400amp hours x 8 for the hydraulics, capstan and windlass (2017).
- Mastervolt AGM 6V 400 amp hours x 4 for the house bank (2017).
- 2 x LX31MF 1000MCA+110amp hour main engine and generator start.
- Optima 55amp hour auxiliary generator start.
- 2 x 100 Amp, 12 V engine battery in parallel.
- John Deere RG6081A304554 main engine alternator.
- 1 x 100 Amp, 12 V main generator battery.
- 1 x 80amp 12v alternator for engine battery.
- 1 x 100amp 24V alternator for service battery.
- 1 x 220V 80amp Mastervolt charger for the house bank (2017).
- 1 x 220V 40 Amp Mastervolt charger for the main engine battery and generator (2017).
- Waeco Sinepower MSP2024 invertor.
- Fans are fitted to all battery chargers to reduce heat when in operation.
- An intelligent charging system monitors all battery banks and the charging process and has a control panel at the navigation station.
- Kohler auxiliary generator 9EF0ZD generator.
- Approximate engine hours 4,653 as at August 2017.
- Kohler 28EF0ZD main generator.
- Approximate engine hours 6,295 as at August 2017.
- The main generator has a PTO (power take off) which powers the lift keel and other hydraulics. If the main generator is not running during periods of sailing, the power pack for the sailing hydraulics can perform this function without the PTO.
- 1 x Shore power 220V 50 A 25m.
- Both the main and auxiliary Kohler generators produce 220v power via transformers which can be accessed from the aft lazarette.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold water systems throughout the yacht.
- 2 x Quick 220 VAC water heaters.
- 2 x Schencker water makers produce 100 litres per hour.
- Both watermakers were fully overhauled and refurbished in 2017.
Bilge pumping systems:
- Central manifold in the central bilge with the ability to pump from this and all other compartments of the ship – forward lazarette, owners’ stateroom, crew section and aft lazarette.
- Fire pump fitted in the central bilge area close and the main manifold.
- Fire hoses in both lazarettes.
- Independent Whale Gulper pumps with float switches are fitted in each section of the bilge for additional security.
- There is a San Girogio 5EIN multifunction display at the navigation station for monitoring the status of all the tanks
- 4 x stainless steel fuel tanks with a total capacity of 2,500 litres (549.92 gallons).
- 1 x stainless steel day tank with a total capacity of 350 litres (76.98 gallons).
- SHADOW has a motoring range at cruising speed of approximately 1,000 nautical miles.
- 3 x polycarbonate water tanks hold a total capacity of 1,200 litres (263.96 gallons).
- These tanks are linked and can be filled separately or in line.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 3 x Polycarbonate grey water tanks - 270L, 160L, 240L (59.39 gallons, 35.19 gallons, 52.79 gallons).
- 3 x Polycarbonate blackwater tanks - 270L, 160L, 240L (59.39 gallons, 35.19 gallons, 52.79 gallons).
- The grey and black water tanks serve the owners, guests and crew accommodation with 3 separated systems. There is the option of direct discharge and also pump out either on deck or via gravity feed.
- There is a manual override on these systems in case of need.
- B&G Zeuss glass helm on both pedestals and at navigation station.
- 3 x Zeuss Touch 212 series monitors replaced 2017.
- B&G H50 VHF handset.
- B&G Broadband 4G radar.
- B&G H5000 X6. Display.
- B&G V50 VHF.
- Furuno Inmarsat C mobile earth station (2015).
- Intellion dome (2015).
- 5 ring gas oven cooker.
- 2 burner induction hob.
- Smeg washer dryer in crew mess.
- 1 x Dishwasher.
- 1 x Smeg microwave.
- 2 x Frigomar fridges with stainless steel front opening doors.
- 1 x Frigomar freezer with stainless steel front opening door.
- 1 x wine fridge in main saloon.
- 1 x cockpit fridge.
- Large sink and work surfaces.
- Corian counter tops.
- Coffee making machine.
- 7 x Planus fresh water flush WCs. The heads in all 3 guest cabins also have a bidet function incorporated into them.
- 1 x Planus bidet for the owner’s stateroom.
- 6 heads compartments have separated shower stalls for both guests and crew, which only the day head having only a WC and basin.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 1 x Condaria HVAC system with fancoils in all cabins.
- 1 x LG hi-fi system.
- 1 x Sony blue ray system.
- BOSE surround sound system in the main saloon.
- Phillips 42” LED TV in the main saloon.
- Stereo system in the crew mess with Bose speakers in the forward cockpit.
- Stereo system in the owners’ stateroom.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Sleeps 8 guests in Master Stateroom and further en-suite guest staterooms plus accommodation for 4 crew in the crew accommodation aft.
- The 4th Cabin can be converted providing a pull out single berth above the current double berth. This cabin is currently the Captain’s cabin.
- The interior of SHADOW is superbly finished in hand crafted solid teak with veneers, beautiful teak doors and satin finished varnished teak soleboards, she has white painted deckheads.
- The interior is finished in a simple modern classic style which is very livable.
- The spacious owner's cabin features a king sized berth to port with settee to starboard and huge amounts of storage space in drawers and hanging lockers.
- There is a spacious head and shower forward towards the bow.
- Extra sound and vibration insulation was used to ensure total acoustic privacy of the owners’ stateroom.
- Both guest cabins mid ships are twin singles each with private heads compartment with shower and the 4th guest cabin aft and to port is a double with full en-suite facilities.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Moving aft from the twin guest cabins mid ships, there is a large single level salon flooded with day light from the overhead wrap around windows.
- The salon features a C-shaped sofa and dining table for up to 10 people to port, a large flat screen TV, coffee table which can be extended to extend the size of the dining table,and 2 easy chairs, library, shelves and lockers to starboard.
- Continuing aft, to starboard, is the Galley, equipped with low level cupboards and drawers.
- Cooker furniture with stainless steel protection and a gimballed, 5 burner cooker with oven.
- Work tops are in Corian with a stainless steel handrail.
- Sinks are stainless steel and taps for hot and cold water feature extractable shower for both pressurized sea water and domestic fresh water.
- Moving further aft we access the crew quarters with Crew Mess on the starboard side, helm station with chart table and navigation area on the centreline and Crew accommodation port and starboard for 4 crew in 2 cabins.
- Overhead wrap around windows which flood the area with natural light.
- C-shaped sofa and extendable dining table for up to 10 people.
- Large flat screen TV
- Coffee table.
- Large Sofa.
- 2 x electrically operated reclining armchairs.
- Shelves and lockers to starboard.
- Low level cupboards and drawers.
- Cooker furniture with stainless steel protection and a gimballed, 3 burner gas cooker with oven.
- Work tops are in Corian with a stainless steel handrail.
- Sinks are stainless steel and taps for hot and cold water – features extractable shower for both pressurized sea water and domestic fresh water.
Crew Quarters (Starboard):
- Folding dining table that is stored whilst not in use
- U shaped seating.
- Accommodation for 4 crew in 2 generous cabins aft.
Navigation Area (Centreline)
- King sized berth to port.
- Sofa to starboard.
- Huge amounts of storage space in drawers and hanging lockers.
- Spacious head and shower forward towards the bow.
- Extra sound and vibration insulation was used to ensure total acoustic privacy of the owners cabin
Guest Cabins (Mid-ships):
- Twin singles.
- Private head and shower.
4th Guest Cabin (Aft and to Port):
- Convertible and is currently used as the Captain’s cabin.
- Double berth.
- Full en-suite facilities.
- Three Spreader carbon Hall Spars rig with keel stepped mast, park venue boom and removable inner forestay.
- The rig was dropped and fully inspected 2015.
- All standing rigging, boom vang and backstay hydraulics by Bamar.
- Deck hardware throughout is “Harken”.
- Tackles, Rails, cars, blocks and other gear are all Harken “Black Magic”.
- Harken blocks and tracks.
- New running rigging 2017.
- Hydraulic halyard tensioner.
- Masthead infra-red camera for luff tension on top down furler system.
- 2 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1120.3 winches for jib sheet.
- 1 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1120.3 winch for mainsail sheet.
- 2 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1000.3 winches for halyards and reef points.
- 2 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 1000.3 winches for running and spinnaker sheets.
- 1 x Harken Self Tailing Hydraulic 60.2 winch for mainsheet traveler.
- 2011 sails by One Sails.
- Main Millennium one piece, Double Taffeta, Carbon & Technora, 3 reefs, Carbon full battens, 273.4 Sq m.
- Genoa Millennium one piece furling, as above with UV strips and foam luff, 190.8 Sq m.
- Staysail Millennium one piece, with soft hanks and removable inner forestay 116.7 Sq m.
- Storm Tri-sail cross cut Dacron in orange, 63 square metres.
- Storm Jib cross cut Dacron in orange 47 square metres.
- A5 Matrix Tri Radial 520 Square Meter Genneker with top down furler from 2012 by One Sail.
- 2015 sails by Doyle Sails.
- Doyle Stratis Carbon Technora Mainsail. Area 282m2 with full carbon battens.
- Doyle Stratis Carbon Technora jib. Area 282m2 with carbon battens.
- Turquoise taffeta, with white dyneema finishing.
- Octopus Logo across mainsail and jib.
- Doyle sails fully serviced Spring 2017.
- All hatches are custom made forward flush mounted. These have been refurbished including new seals in 2017.
- Retractable mooring cleats.
- Custom stainless steel fairleads with custom stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Stainless steel mooring cleats.
- 1 x Sanguinetti retractable mooring lines winch replaced 2017.
- 108kg Delta main anchor.
- 180m 14mm high tensile steel chain.
- Lofrans Windlass.
- Practical and easy anchor position at bowsprit with stainless steel deck protector, set up for easy launch and retrieval of the anchor.
- Kedge anchor in the lazarette.
- Full mooring lines.
- Spare lines and throw lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Stainless steel dodger/bimini framework for the mid cockpit and also a bimini in the sailing cockpit that also gives protection to the helm. Both biminis are in grey.
- Sprayhood for aft entrance to the crew mess and navigation station.
Tender & Outboard:
- Goldenship 5 person RIB with central console and Parsons 4 stroke 15hp outboard (2012).
- Dinghy deflates to deploy in the aft dinghy garage.
- Garage retracts with twin hydraulic rams. There is also an access panel in the hatch for one person access if needed.
- There is a lifting crane arm extension which may be deployed from the main boom when launching the retrieving the RIB.
- 3 grab bags.
- Jon Buoy Recovery module.
- 2 x Jon Buoy Dan Buoys.
- Smoke floats: 2x Ikaros man overboard light and smoke MR III.
- 2 x fire hoses with mains and fire pump in the forward and aft lazarettes.
- Emergency VHF.
- 4 x life rings.
- Full smoke alarms & emergency torches.
- Life raft- 2 x 12 man SOLA A pack.
- Life jackets: 8 x165n wetline, 4 x baltic race 150,
- #1 Medaire first aid pack, 7 x TPA, rations (9L water & 2500 cabers x 6), GMDSS + spare battery, flares – 3 x red hand, 3 x red parachute, 1 x orange smoke.
- #2 Medaire first aid pack, TPA X5, rations (9L water & 2500 cabers x 6), emergency fish line, emergency trauma response kit.
- #3 TPA X5, rations (9L water & 2500 cabers x 6), emergency fishing lines, flares – 3 x red hand held, 2 x red parachute, 1 x orange smoke.
- Main flare pack- 4 x red parachute rocket, 2 x red hand held, 2 x orange smoke, 9 x white held.
- Yacht life line emergency fluid management kit.
- Yacht life line stitch PAC.
- Yacht lifeline emergency fracture kit.
- Offshore expedition medical kit.
- Fire extinguishers 7 x 1kg dry powder, 2 x 9L dry powder, 1 x 3kg dry powder
- Engine room C02 system with which is automatic with a manual control also. .
- Automatic fire extinguisher in auxiliary generator fitted (2017).
- Fire hoses forward and aft and fire pump in central bilge
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.