A Fast 36' One-Design with Comfy Cockpit & Speed to Burn, Eagles Dare has been customized for single / double handed off-shore sailing
Every now and then a new sailboat comes along that fulfills a real need in the market. Many of them have been J-Boats. Hot off the drawing board, the J/111 is a sleek, speedy, one-design 36 footer that is the ultimate day sailing, racing and weekend cruising sailboat.
J/111 is an easy-to-handle, comfortable sailboat that accelerates quickly, slices to windward at 7+ knots and hits double-digit speeds downwind. Performance to date in a wide variety of sailing conditions has been nothing short of remarkable.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Al Johnstone
Warranty: 10 years
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 10 ft 10 in
LWL: 32 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 9370 lbs
Ballast: 3516 lbs
Dry Weight: 8900 lbs
Total Power: 21 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2011
Engine Model: 3YM20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 21 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (26 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (18 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (12 Gallons)
Wind speed and direction
Steering wheel - Carbon
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Working Sail Area : 663.00 sq ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
The J/111 is a sleek, speedy, one-design 36 footer that is the ultimate day sailing, racing and weekend cruising sailboat. J/111 is an easy-to-handle, comfortable sailboat that accelerates quickly, slices to windward at 7+ knots and hits double-digit speeds downwind. The J/111 has all the essentials below for comfortable overnights and short cruises. The main cabin features an open layout with L-shaped galley, forward facing nav station, a wet locker and two full length settee berths with option for additional fold-up sea-berths. Six can comfortably sit for dinner. Two spacious aft quarter berths are standard, as well as a private forward head and removable V-berth.The J/111 is designed to be the best performing, easiest-to-sail boat of its size on the market, while offering the creature comforts needed (6' headroom) to satisfy the occasional overnight cruise. It's all about versatility and the joy of sailing - how to have the most fun out of the time and resources invested. This is the J Boats formula for success in building local one-design fleets and it's a pretty simple formula. Generally, there aren't enough owners in one area who can rationalize the expense of campaigning a single purpose (non-versatile) racing sailboat. There may be 20-30 owners nationally who are willing to fund a traveling program to a pinnacle event like Key West Race Week, but without the versatility to appeal to many owners, local fleets never reach the critical mass needed for long-term success. The J/111 is the next generation one-design J/Boat to fulfill the legacy of its predecessors. J/111 accelerates up to speed in the slightest of puffs, thanks to a generous, high-aspect rig combined with a low wetted surface hull. Sailing efficiency is gained by maximizing the sail luff lengths and reducing foot lengths to create a balanced, non-overlapping sail plan. When the wind and waves are up, J/111 pops up on a plane and delivers the dinghy-like, exhilarating rides that many modern designs struggle to do because of over-tweaking to handicap rules that encourage heavier, non-planing hull shapes. Turning the corner to go sailing upwind, J/111's efficient hull form and low vertical center of gravity kick in to provide the sweet weatherly handling J's are reknown for.The J/111 features an optimized E-glass/vinylester vacuum infused laminated hull and deck, a two metal, low-VCG bulb keel, a retractable carbon sprit, rail mounted shroud terminals (J/122 style), and a low-profile jib furler. Particular care is paid to centralizing and lowering weight both above and below decks, all critical to make the J/111 your ultimate sailing boat.
Doyle Racing Main
Doyle Offshore Main
Doyle Delivery Main
Doyle J2.5 (hanked)
Doyle Code Zero
Doyle A1.5 w/ sock
NKE Regatta Processor
NKE Regatta Compass
NKE Ultrasonic Speedo
NKE Gyropilot & Ram
NKE HR Masthead
B&G ZeusTouch 12"
B&G GoFree WiFi
Garmin GPSMAP 720
Std Horizon Gx2100 VHF
GlobalStar GSP-1700 and marine kit
Argonaut 15" waterproof monitor
Clarion CZ200 Stereo
Force 10 stove
Dual AGM batteries
Viking 6 man life raft
Carbon cockpit hatch board
Permanent bow sprit
Disappearing bob stay
Hull and Deck construstion
- Balsa core/biaxial E-glass vacuum infused hull laminate. Corecell/biaxial E-glass deck laminate. Engineered and built to current ISO and ABS structural standards.
- Dark blue Awe grip hull
- Molded companionway slide-in seahood.
- ORC size molded foredeck toe-rails.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore & aft on hull and deck with single opening to forepeak.
- Fore/aft and transverse keel support beams.
- Composite mast bearing beam with integral plate to secure mast step.
Keel & Rudder
- High aspect two-metal racing keel with lead bulb and stainless fin, flange mounted to a covered hull recess.
- Balanced high aspect rudder constructed using “E-glass” with custom carbon rudder shaft mounted in self aligning rudder bearing system.
- 60” wheel with grey leather cover recessed in molded cockpit wheel well.
- Steering system including idler sheaves, 6.5” radial drive, needle bearing with integral wheel brake, and chain/wire cables.
- Emergency tiller.
Spar & Rigging
- Autoclaved carbon fiber mast with double set of tapered aluminum spreaders, backstay crane, flush shroud terminations, sheaves for main, 2 jib & 2 spinnaker halyards, vang and boom gooseneck fittings, steaming light, internal wiring conduit, pre-formed mast wedge kit. Mast/boom finished in black with contrasting white measurement bands.
- Alloy 6061-T6 Boom with 12:1 internal outhaul, two mainsheet block bales, vang lug, three sheaves for reef lines and outhaul.
- Nitronic 50 discontinuous rod standing rigging package including shrouds and forestay.
- Calibrated shroud turnbuckles.
- Dyneema DSK-78 Backstay.
- Remote hydraulic backstay system mounted within reach of helmsman on front face of wheel pedestal.
- Low-profile headsail furling system with control line aft to port side of cabin trunk.
- Carbon fiber, retractable bow sprit with internal bearing system painted black.
- Complete running rigging package
- 46:1 self-tailing primary winches.
- 40:1 self-tailing cabin top winches.
- Two-speed Mainsheet System with 6:1 rough tune purchase to swivel cam base & 24:1 fine tune purchase led to centerline ratchet cam.
- 4:1 Traveler System – led P&S.
- 6:1 Adjustable Jib Lead System.
- Jib in-hauler hardware & 4:1 tackle P&S.
- 6:1 Cunningham system.
- Blocks for spinnaker sheet and tack line.
- Bow-sprit control system led internally to cockpit mounted cam cleat.
- Mast base halyard blocks and Spinlock 4-sheave organizers P&S.
- Halyard & tack line rope clutches.
- Custom SS mast collar with pins for halyard blocks and halyard bale.
- Stainless cabin top handrails P&S.
- Tapered lifeline stanchions.
- Double lifelines to meet ORC offshore regulations with 9” lower lifeline height.
- Custom bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with LED navigation lights.
- Four 8” 4-bolt SS mooring cleats.
- Four SS padeyes for cockpit spinnaker blocks.
- Interior ventilation from two framed opening ports in sides of cabin trunk and offshore style forward skylight deck hatch above V-berth (option for two opening ports on aft cabin face).
- Acrylic offshore drop-board with key lock and inside operable latch/unlatch.
- Cockpit operated manual bilge pump.
- Custom SS stemhead, shroud and backstay chainplates.
- Yanmar 3YM20 3 cylinder 4-stroke 21hp diesel engine with 60 amp alternator and SD 20 saildrive with 2-piece split zinc.
- Yanmar engine instrument panel mounted in recess on cockpit wall near wheel
- 16 x 11 diameter geared folding prop.
- Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- 18-gallon fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
- 12-gallon head holding tank.
- Marine head with Y valve and deck pump-out access.
- 26-gallon water tank.
- Manual fresh water foot pumps in head and galley.
- 90 amp deep-cycle, sealed AGM battery.
- Three position battery switch.
- Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
- LED Navigation lights to meet COLREGS.
- Bonding system.
- Six reading lights.
- One adjustable nav light.
- Two red/white LED dome lights
- One fluorescent light in head.
- Automatic bilge pump & panel switch for manual/auto operation.
- Off-white low-maintenance bulkheads.
- Molded engine box cover with 1” sound insulation.
- Powder-coated aluminum companionway ladder w/teak treads.
- Twin 6’9” quarter berths aft of the galley/nav area with storage below.
- Main bulkhead privacy door.
- Teak and holly style synthetic high-wear cabin flooring.
- SS overhead handrails in main salon P&S.
- Two Large acrylic fixed portlights.
- 6’4” settee berths with backrests (fold-up pilots ).
- Shelf outboard of settee berths with storage behind backrest cushions.
- Nav Station/Office with full leg room, hinged-lid access to chart storage, outboard instrument panel and storage bin.
- L-Galley with sink, faucet, fresh water foot pump, sink drain seacock, ice box with top opening, two-burner alcohol stove and storage cabinet outboard.
- Head compartment with sink and outboard storage to port and large sail/tool storage bin to starboard.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.