2011 Knierim 50
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 490,000 Tax Paid (£ 417,198)
A real head turner and a fresh new look on the Bluewater Cruising market. Fast and fun, and well equipped, this Knierim 50 is engineered for SAILING. All the best attributes of a racing yacht and a cruising yacht blended into one.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Knierim Yachtbau GmbH
Designer: Judel/Vrolijk & Co
LOA: 50 ft 3 in
Beam: 14 ft 3 in
LWL: 49 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 10 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 6 in
Displacement: 12395 kgs
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: D2
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 55 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
EXCALIBUR is a beautiful example of a Knierim built carbon cruiser. She was launched in 2011, sailed from the yard in Kiel, Germany to the Mediterranean for cruising and racing the Ruta de la Sal. In 2013 EXCALIBUR successfully sailed the ARC. After cruising the Caribbean for a while she was brought back to the Balearic Islands where she is now located. This 50 footer is designed as a fast, easy to handle boat – cruising with a crew of just 2 is as convenient as racing with a full crew. The boat has 2 cockpits, one aft with 2 steering pedestals, cockpit table and seats on both sides. A companionway leads from here directly into the aft cabin which is equipped with berths and pipe berths, a large nav. station with all instrumentation, and a separate head. The middle cockpit has seats on both sides and a companionway gives access to the full width saloon, equipped with a large table and a settee around. On starboard is plenty of storage and a top-loader fridge. The saloon is also accessible from the aft cabin through the galley on port side. Forward of the mast is the owner’s cabin with a queen-size bed and separate shower and head. The interior is made of matt white painted sandwich panels and noble high gloss varnished ash veneer and ash floor boards. The layout is very functional yet comfortable and perfect for long range sailing.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Carbon-epoxy sandwich.
- Highgloss varnished deck with TBS non-skid.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel made of welded stainless steel fin with lead bulb.
- JP3 rudding bearings.
- Carbon fibre rudder stock and rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta D2, 4-cyl 55hp with saildrive 130S.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2 x Steering pedestals with push buttons and displays.
- 2 x Carbon steering wheels.
- 3-bladed Gori folding propeller.
- Sidepower SE100 bow thruster.
- 6 x Gel batteries (2013).
- Mastervolt Combi 24V 60A inverter/charger.
- Fischer Panda 5000i PMS 4 5kW generator, new in 2013.
- Watt & Sea Hydrogenerator.
- Shore power supply with LEAB charger.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised water system – hot and cold.
- Schenker Modular 24V watermarker 60 ltrs per hour with two high pressure pumps.
- 2 x Stainless steel fuel tanks, 190 ltr. Main stb; and 90. Ltr day tank middle, both 2 mtrs. After keel position.
- 2 x Stainless steel Fresh water tank; 155 ltr. At stb. 220 at port both at keel position.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x Holding tanks 65 (front) and 75 (aft) ltr.
- Magnetic compass.
- B&G H3000 race pack.
- B&G Zeus plotter.
- B&G autopilot.
- B&G wind.
- B&G log and speedometer.
- 5 x B&G displays on mast.
- Alphatronics monitor and computer at nav. station.
- Simrad RS25 VHF.
- Simrad NAIS transponder class B.
- RR-Antenna Hawaii 3G (D-Net, VHF, SSB, AM/FM).
- Sailor 150 fleet broadband.
- Lowrance Broadband radar.
- 3-burner gas stove and oven.
- Fridge and freezer.
- Sink with hot and cold water.
- Trash bin.
- Hot and cold deck shower.
- 2 heads; one with shower and WC separated in the owners cabin; one in aft cabin.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto 3900 Evo Marine heating for saloon, galley and guest cabin.
- Radio tuner integrated in B&G Zeus plotter with remote control and cockpit speakers.
- Peters & Bey navigation lights.
- Foresti & Suardi interior lighting.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Interior surfaces are a combination of mat white varnish and high gloss varnished veneer.
- Owner’s cabin forward with queensize berth, hanging locker and shelves.
- Forward head with Sanimarine electric WC, sink, mirror on portside. Shower, sink, mirror on starboard side.
- Saloon with main companionway, L-settee on port side, saloon table, storage and top loader freezer on starboard side.
- Galley on port side.
- Aft cabin with separate companionway and under deck access from galley. Berths and pipe berths on both sides. Nav. station with chart table seat, navigation and communications devices. Shower and Sanimarine electric WC. Hanging locker. Reading light.
- Hall Spars carbon fibre mast with 3 pairs of spreaders.
- Leisurefurl alloy boom.
- Smart rigging PBO standing rigging.
- Harken MkIV unit 3 headsail furler.
- Holmatro cylinder for push button mainsheet system.
- 2 x Harken 50.3STHA (hydr.).
- 2 x Harken 60.3STHA (hydr.).
- Winch handles.
- North Mainsail 3DL Kevlar/carbon.
- North genoa 108% 3DL Kevlar/carbon.
- North staysail pentex.
- North code 0 kevlar.
- North storm jib.
- North trysail.
- North A2.
- North A5.
- Solimar hatches and Gebo portlights.
- Harken deck fittings.
- Spinlock organizer and jammer.
- Cockpit table.
- Hydraulic system by Holmatro is designed for handling the yacht by a small crew. It operates the mainsail, backstay, vang and winches.
- Pushpit, pulpit, double wire railing with stainless steel stanchions.
- Swimming ladder, removable.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Delta anchor, stainless steel, 25kg, anchor 50 mtr. chain and 50 mtr. rope.
- Anchor arm from carbon fiber in anchor locker.
- Electric Lewmar windlass.
- Fenders and mooring lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.