Launched in 2013 and lightly used, RUNAWAY is a great example of the Judel Vrolijk & Co designed Hanse 495. Her specification highlights include:-
- 75hp Volvo engine
- Standard draft
- Composite helm wheels
- Teak coachroof and cockpit
- Electric primary
- B&G plotter
- Upgraded battery capacity
- 3-cabin, 2-heads layout
- Bimini and sprayhood
Presently located in close to Bodrum in Turkey she is ideally located for Eastern Med cruising and is easily accessed for viewings. Alternatively, she can be shipped anywhere in the world and her ex.VAT status means she should appeal to buyers for both inside and outside of the EU.
“The 495, trimmed for close-hauled sailing, tacked effortlessly and accelerated quickly after each tack, all without any sheet trimming… On the reach, with the wind just aft of the beam, the 495 had no trouble sailing at 10 knots and hit 12 a couple of times in the puffs. And off the wind on a broad reach, she was able to sail at 9 and 10 without trouble.…. The Hanse 495 is a remarkably capable design that is easy to handle, has a pleasant motion in square chop and offers a fine turn of speed.
The Hanse 495’s interior layouts make optimum use of the huge amount of volume the designers have allocated in the hull. The topsides are quite high, so the underside of the decks inside the boat are not an impediment to lockers and sight lines. The hull carries its volume quite far forward and aft, so there is plenty of room for large cabin and storage spaces… For a family of four or a couple cruising with friends, the interior works very well. And, the saloon is large enough for about 20 of your friends to gather for sundowners. Add the huge cockpit into the mix and you could entertain 30, which is about as nontraditional a concept as you can get in an oceangoing cruising boat.
…If you are looking for a cruising boat that will take you boldly into the future as well as safely and comfortably to sea, the purposeful and handsome new Hanse 495 is well suited for the job.”
Blue Water Sailing – June 2011
- The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
- Verona Green hull
- Dark grey double waterlines
- Isophtalic Gelcoat
- Vinylester for all outer laminates
- Bulk laminate Polyester (orthophtalic or DCPD)
- Main bulkhead laminated to hull and deck
- GRP strongback
- Hull windows
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Teak laid cockpit and coachroof
- Isophtalic Gelcoat
- Vinylester 1st layer
- Bulk laminate Polyester (Orthophtalic or DCPD)
- Balsa sandwich
Keel & Rudder:
- T shape keel draft: 2.38m
- Stainless steel keel bolts
- Semi-balanced, profiled rudder with alloy shaft and self-aligning needle bearings
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo D2-75 55 kW / 75 HP, diesel engine
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
- Panel for engine instruments in the steering pedestal within easy reach of helmsman.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Engine hours: approx. 475.
- 12vDC retractable bow-thruster
- Twin steering wheels Y- spoke – design, GRP- composite, black colour
- Emergency tiller
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
- 1x 90Ah 12v AGM engine start battery
- 4x 165Ah 12v AGM service batteries
- Victron 12vDC/230vAC Automatic battery charger with inverter
- Engine-mounted alternator
- Electrical control panel with thermal breakers
- 12v sockets, voltmeter, ampere meter and battery test at DC panel
- 230vAC shore power supply protected with differential breaker and distribution system.
- 230vAC sockets throughout interior
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated 20 litres hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element
- Hot & cold fresh water shower at bathing platform
- 1x high capacity electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Approximately 280 litres with a gauge
- Filling of fuel tanks is through deck inlet.
- Fresh water capacity is approximately 650 litres in two tanks with a gauge.
- Filling of water tanks is through deck inlet.
- 2x 35 litres holding tanks with discharge on deck or sea
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Simrad IS40 multi repeaters for wind, speed, depth and log
- Simrad NSS12 colour GPS chart plotter
- Simrad autopilot
- Clock & Barometer
- 2-burner LPG gas cooker with oven
- 2x stainless steel front opening fridge/freezers
- Twin stainless steel sinks
- 2x Jabsco seawater flush heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
- Reading lights in saloon and in accommodation cabins
- LED Deckhead lighting throughout
- Fusion stereo radio/CD/DVD docking station for Ipod.
- 4x speakers in saloon and 2x speakers in cockpit
- WLAN access point
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to seven berths in owner’s cabin forward, twin aft cabins plus further saloon settee berth in saloon.
- Storage room: Access watertight hatch to chain locker. Ladder.
- Owner’s fwd cabin and ensuite heads: “island” double berth, 2 reading lights, 1 large hanging locker with shelves, 1 smaller hanging locker with shelves, 2 shelves along the hull, 2 hull port lights, 2 large hatches, entrance door, Separate head with lockers and mirror, Separate shower compartment, 2 small opening flush hatches for head and shower
- Saloon: L settee on stb side with fixed table with bottle storage. Center piece with bench and dedicated space for TV lifter. 2 reading lights on the fwd bulkhead. Shelves and lockers along the hull with fiddles. 2 hull large port lights.
- Chart table: Fwd looking navigation table on stb. with lockers drawers and shelves.
- Galley: Along the hull with drawers and storage space. Fridge and freezer in front opening. 2 burner stove with oven. 2 x S/S sinks with mixing tab.
- Heads: Day head with separate shower stall devided by plexy glass. for wet cloths in the shower stall. 2 hatches. 4 opening side coachroof portlights. 2 overhead handrail integrated. Dedicated space for bottles under floorboards.
- Twin aft cabins. Double berths. Hanging locker with shelves. 2 reading lights. Lockers along the hull. 1 hull portlight. 1 opening overhead portlight in port cabin. 2 opening overhead portlights in stb cabin. 1 large opening cockpit portlight.
- High quality marine plywood, mahogany style, satin
- Maple style floorboards
- White bulkheads
- Wooden door frames
- Wood / Sandwich doors
- Quartz black galley surfaces
- 9/10-rig, tapered mast-top
- Two spreader anodised aluminium mast and boom
- Under deck furling system for jib
- In-mast furling system
- Rod kicker
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Self-tacking jib track
- Backstay adjuster
- Main and jib halyard lead aft to cockpit
- Main and jib sheets
- German mainsheet system
- 2 x Lewmar 55EST EVO electric winches
- 2x Lewmar 55ST EVO manual winches
- Elvstrom Main sail fully battened with 2 reefs
- Elvstrom 105% jib
- Gennaker / cruising spinnaker
- Split pulpit
- Pushpit with ensign staff socket
- Double stainless steel safety rail
- Side boarding gates
- Teak on cockpit seats
- Cockpit table with mount for chart plotter
- Electro-hydraulic retracting bathing platform
- Swimming ladder
- Outboard bracket
- Stainless steel antenna post at transom
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 12vDC electric windlass with remote control
- 25kgs Delta anchor with 60m of 10mm chain
- Retractable mooring cleats
- Fore and aft mooring lines
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Sprayhood with stainless steel frame and large windows
- Bimini top with stainless steel frame
- LED navigation lights including steaming light, bow light, stern light and anchor light