The D-21 is a fun fast day sailor/ camp cruiser designed to be safe and comfortable for up to 4 adults. Construction by Aquidneck Custom Composites is a perfect combination of hi-tech materials and simple hi-quality marine ply.
The main hull, floats and beam fairings are constructed in female molds of carbon, epoxy, and nomex honeycomb core. The remaining structure is CNC cut Okume Plywood covered in carbon cloth and epoxy. The combination of these exceptional materials yields a superior structure that is easy to assemble, light, stiff, and durable.
A powerful sail plan with a self-tending jib makes the D-21 simple to single hand and comfortable to day sail with friends. The D-21 is available in kit form or as a completed boat.
Kit price - $19,895.00 Completed boat price - $63,595.00
• Female molded Float halves. Molded port and starboard halves (including deck) with centerline bonding flange. Parts are built in carbon, epoxy, and nomex honeycomb core.
• Female molded Main hull halves. Molded port and starboard halves (including deck) with centerline bonding flange. Parts are built in carbon, epoxy, and nomex honeycomb core.
• Female molded beam fairings also built in carbon and epoxy
• Beam bushings and bolts for folding
• All structural members provided in CNC cut Okume Plywood
• Cockpit 9mm Okume • Beams 12mm and 6mm Okume • Bulkheads 12mm and 6mm Okume
• Vertical grain Douglass Fir fillers and stiffeners. • Rudder and dagger board female molded in halves
• Appendage parts molded in carbon, epoxy and foam
• Rudder case is one piece
• Dagger trunk is port and stbd halves with external bonding flange
• Set up cradles for boat assembly
• Construction plans • Sail and deck hardware plan
• List of composite materials necessary to complete the kit COMPLETE BOAT:
• Professionally constructed by World class Composite craftsmen
• Deck hardware by Ronstan, Harken, and Schaefer
• Custom built laminated wood tiller with Ronstan extension
• Jib furler by Ronstan
• Rotating Carbon rig w/ alloy boom
• Gloss white Awl-grip finishes with non-skid deck surfaces
• Sails – Main, Jib w/ sun shield, A-sail. Main cover
• Twin coaming mounted compasses
• Trampoline nets by Sunrise
• 620 lbs. ready to sail
• Custom Awl-grip colors
• Bikini nets by Sunrise
• Nacra A-sail snuffer
• Nav lights and battery/ solar charger
• Outboard bracket