Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nautor Swan
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
LWL: 34 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 24300 kgs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: D2-50
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 50 HP
Number of single berths: 5
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
FLYING CLOUD is a well-known example of the hugely popular Swan 44 MK II, and one of about 10 we sold in the late 90s and early 2000s. Originally named CRESCENDO, under her first owner, she won the Swan regatta, the Bermuda race, and many other prestigious events. She was well spec’ed from new, and had many modifications over the standard boat, such as a taller 3 spreader mast, longer boom, pilot berth on the starboard side (for the Bermuda race) and then had her keel and rudder templated and faired. She was mainly dry sailed for the first 11 years of her life. She is also totally cruise capable, with a bathing platform, and a beautiful teak interior.
Since selling to her current owner in 2010, she has largely been used for day sailing, the NYYC cruise and a few other non-spinnaker events. In recent years, she has had a new engine and saildrive and a set of new sails.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull constructed from single skin polyester with foam core stringers, and a substantial galvanized backbone frame running from the main bulkhead to aft of the keel bolts.
- Dark blue gelcoat hull with gold imron cove stripe, white boot stripes.
- Red bottom paint over epoxy barrier coat.
- Bottom, faired to an immaculate racing finish.
- Teak deck, glued without screws. Nautor built pedestal with stainless wheel, covered in elkhide. Pedestal mount for the radar/plotter.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel with bulb and spade rudder.
- Keel templated.
- New rudder seals and bearing (2012).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo D2-50 (2018) with sail drive (new 2019).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 100.
- Engine last serviced: 2019.
- Cruising speed – approx 7 knots.
- Maximum speed – approx 8.3 knots.
- Fuel/water separator.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Folding Volvo 3 blade prop.
- Racing Martec 2 blade prop.
- Large 48” steering wheel with elkhide.
Other Mechanical Equipment:
- 115v outlets throughout boat.
- 2 House batteries.
- Separate Starting battery (2019).
- 115 v 30A shorepower inlet.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized water.
- Hot water tank heated by engine and shore power.
- Drinking water filter.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Sump bilge pump replaced.
- 2 manual bilge pumps.
- Manual back up water pump at galley.
- Total capacity of 250 litres (66 US gallons).
- Reserve fuel tank of 45 litres (12 US gallons).
- Warning light for water in fuel tank.
- Total capacity of 379 litres (100 US gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Stainless steel holding tank with pump out.
- Warning lights for holding tank.
- B&G Hercules 2000 racing pack.
- B&G repeaters (2008).
- 2 x 20/20 repeaters on mast.
- B&G Hercules autopilot.
- Raymarine plotter at helm.
- Raymarine radar.
- Grounding cage for SSB.
- Icom ICM127 VHF.
- Laptop stowage at chart table.
- Nautor custom front and top opening fridge with 12v holding plate refrigeration. The top opening freezer is also 12v holding plate and can be used as an extra fridge.
- Fridge lid securing device (for offshore).
- 3 Burner Force 10 stove with oven with gas solenoid valves (2007).
- Microwave oven.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Radio CD with 4 speakers.
- Cockpit speakers.
- Indirect lighting in main saloon.
- Bulkhead reading lights.
- Cabin dimmers.
- Red night lighting in cabin.
- Cockpit locker light.
- Swim platform light.
- Spreader lights.
- Luff light on the mast.
- LED tricolor and running lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 7 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon.
- The yacht is finished in Nautor's signature hand rubbed satin varnished teak, with a teak and holly cabin sole.
- Blue Ultrasuede upholstery.
- Slip covers for all cushions.
- Pull out screens/blinds for hatches.
- Elkhide cover on mast in saloon.
- Elkhide cover on chainplates.
- Screens for all opening hatches.
- Extra drop board with screens.
- Floorboard tiedowns (for offshore).
- Lee cloths.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Owners cabin forward with vee berth, hanging lockers, and ensuite head. Vanity sink, hand held shower.
- Mirror on forward cabin door.
- Upper lockers in.
- Main saloon has an L shaped settee to port and a slightly curved settee to starboard, with lockers on the port sides and pilot berth to starboard.
- Drop leaf table on centerline.
- The galley has a double sink, Corian sierra aurora counter top, pressurized hot and cold water, and large lockers and storage are above Next aft is an L shaped galley to port, and the large nav station to starboard.
- Aft of that is the head, to starboard.
Aft Guest Cabin:
- Guest cabin with two berths and infill to port. Extra stowage in aft cabin.
- Three spreader aluminum mast & boom.
- I = 18.08m.
- E = 5.36m.
- (Larger than standard).
- Shroud rollers.
- Carbon spin pole.
- Color code halyards.
- Antal mast track.
- Navtec Hydraulic vang.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay.
- Trisail track.
- Inner forestay.
- Aramid runners.
- Double genoa halyards.
- Tuff luff forestay.
- Harken roller furling headstay.
- Lazy jacks.
- Lewmar primary winches. 66 3 speed.
- Electric halyard/mainsheet winch 48 CEST.
- North carbon main (2018).
- North Carbon 3DL main (2010).
- Doyle cruising main (3’ shorter luff).
- Banks cruising main (1999).
- North 150% carbon full race genoa (2018 - used twice).
- North 95% 3DL jib (goes on roller furler - 2019).
- North 3DL #3 (needs cutting - 2019).
- Banks #4 dacron.
- Sobstad heavy working jib.
- Banks Drifter.
- Banks reacher gatorback.
- 3 asymmetrical gennakers sized for IRC.
- 3 spinnakers sized for Caribbean ratings.
- Jip top.
- Storm jib.
- Cruising headsail.
- Code 0 gennaker.
- 1A gennaker.
- 5A gennaker.
- ½ oz spinnaker.
- 0.6 oz spinnaker.
- 1.5 oz spinnaker.
- Large cockpit locker.
- Transom boarding ladder.
- Swim platform.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Bruce anchor with chain & rode.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Canvas wheel cover.
- Canvas pedestal cover.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Lifeline gates.
- MOM module.
- Halon fire extinguisher in engine room.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.