You are looking at a truly one of a kind Matrix Yachts Vision 450 Catamaran. The owner has spared no expense in a refit that has resulted in over $200K of upgrades. This incredible four cabin vessel has been outfitted with the intent of the owner and family to Blue Water cruise and Circumnavigate. The emphasis on being "self-sufficient" was key in every step of the refit. Happy Time is prepared and ready to go anywhere. Spend some time reviewing this detailed listing and give yourself an opportunity to see it in person.
It should be noted that the Solar charging and battery systems was installed as a complete end to end system. Upgraded solar panels on a custom Arch provide autonomy from the diesel generator, the 4 x LiFePO4 batteries are $3500 each and provide a total of 1200Ah of DC storage capacity. The final piece of this system is a correctly spec’d engine charging system designed to meet the requirements of LiFePO4 batteries.
The Vision 450 is a modern innovative design, which incorporates build features found in performance catamarans. Here are some of the key attributes of this design:
- The fiberglass hulls are a vacuum-bagged sandwich construction using vinylester resin, E-Glass, and a high-density rigid PVC foam coring.
- The bridge deck consists of a polyethylene honeycomb material, Nida-Core, which has a very high strength-to-weight ratio and good sound dampening qualities.
- Tricel (resin impregnated honeycomb material) is used in all the doors and cabinetry to limit weight without compromising strength.
- The keels are solid glass, without any coring. They are attached to the hulls separately being sacrificial without compromising the structural integrity of the hulls.
- The profile of the yacht is dominated by the long, sloping coach roof, a feature that?s enhanced visually by the slanting, accentuating windows that also taper forward. A unique addition is the unusually large forward deck complete with several big lockers and a pair of hatches.
- There's a hard dodger over the cockpit, the layout for which is centered upon the large dining table and wraparound settee to port. The raised steering station with all instruments and engine controls readily at hand, as well as the mainsheet, traveler controls, clutches, and related running rigging are to starboard. The fractional rig includes a fully battened main with generous roach and a high-cut genoa as working canvas.
Happy Time is available for showings in the Ft. Lauderdale area immediately.
Additional Note: This vessel has Jones Act Waiver for USVI so, if desired, she can be chartered there commercially and the application process for Key West.
Quote from the owner: "I have handled her in 45 knots sustained winds and 8-10 seas and she performed without issue and was stable and comfortable while my kids slept soundly below."
Please contact Terry Singh at 720-471-0887
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 24 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 9 in
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 8 in
Dry Weight: 20708 lbs
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
Happy Time is the standard four-cabin arrangement, with a quartet of double berths and heads (electric). In this version, the two forward cabins, with their huge, outward-facing beds, are exceptionally spacious for a 45-foot vessel.
4 x Relion RB300 LiFePO4 batteries 1200Ah (2020)
2000W Solar (2020)
Victron Energy 5k watt Quattro Inverter Charge (2020)
Victron Energy Display CCGX with wifi (2020)
Victron Energy BMV 712 Battery Monitor (2020)
Solar Arch with Electric Davit and KVH Dome bracket (2020)
KVH V7-HTS- High Speed Internet and Voice (10MB/3Mb) (2020)
Port and starboard Jabsco fresh pumps 4.5 gpm, 40 psi
Port and starboard Quick stainless 25L/1200 W water heater tanks (port side new in 2020)
Hot and cold deck shower port sugar scoop
Grey Water Shower/sink sump drain pumps x 4 (one for each shower)
Black Water Port and starboard 11 Gallon holding tanks with deck pump-out and overboard discharge
120 gallons total fresh water tanks (60 gal starboard tank and 60 gallons port tank)
Diesel tanks totol 200 gallons, 1 x 120 gallons and 1 x 80 gallons
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.