If you are looking for a special Sabre 48...you MUST look hard at Savannah. This 48 had a very thoughtful first owner who made many customizations that when the final versions came out Sabre adopted many as model year updates over the next few years. Some examples include:
Electric sunroof with sunscreen inline of standard (2) pilot hatches
FRP molded electronics mast
Teak deck on FRP swim platform
Teak decking in aft cockpit including steps
(2) Additional dimmer switches in galley and master, salon standard
Beam Central Vac with two outlets and 32' expandable hose
Inverter/Charger 3000 watt true sine wave with remote control
Dark hull color
Crew quarters in lieu of utility space
Ultra leather on crew seat
Drawer type freezer with fridge above in lieu of stadard
Shoji panel in lieu of fixed cherry panel aft of passageway doors to master
Accord shades on opening ports
Reverse Oil Change System
Freedom Dinghy Lift
Kohlenberg triple chrome horns
Kohlenberg horn controller
Hot and cold transom shower
Saltwater wash down fore and aft
Fresh water wash down forward
Shore water linlet
Single Seagull water purifier on galley cold water plumber to galley faucet
Piping on Stidd Seat (UL Bronze to match helm pod)
RainCloud custom Corian in galley
RainCloud custom Corian on wetbar
Ultra leather upholstery in crew quarters
Kraus single sink with split two piece cover, stored under cutting board (Now a build standard)
Move the AC raw water discharge under swim platform for quiet operation
Upgrade 26" TV with separate DVD in master
Cockpit and side deck overhead lighting to be white/red/blue tri-color LED fixtures (Now a build standard)
Single Seagull water purifier on icemaker
Lower and upholster master seat lounge back rest (Now a build standard)
Custom cabinet for W/D in crew quarters to include a dresser (Now the build standard)
Customize galley cabinet for coffee maker storage with 110V outlet
Increase strength of gas struts on storage hatches under master berth for easier access
110V outlet inside chart table (Now a build standard)
Increase overall width of Ocean Air blinds in main salon and add a valance over the shade top for a cleaner finished look (Now a build standard)
Custom helm seat cabinet with second Stidd seat. Delete cabinet behind helm seat and extend settee as long as possible to meet the cabinet. Increase table size with larger dual leaf table. Table mounted on single electric pedestal which lowers to a lounge or berth.
Wine refrigerator mounted in custom helm seat cabinet
Undermount sink in master with lower profile faucet
(2) Custom ottomans upholstered to match salon furniture
Custom main salon fabric
Relocate windshield washer fluid
Refrigeration plate for cockpit cooler in aft facing seat
Chain counter for windlass
Custom Decor Package
(2) 9" Latex Box top Mattresses
(4) Shadowcaster Underwater Lights
Exterior Canvas includes windshield cover, aft seat covers and staff covers
(2) 7215 Garmin Touchscreen MFD
(1) 5208 Garmin Touchscreen MFD
Garmin remote control for displays
(4) Garmin G2 Vision Charts
4' HD Open Array radar
GSD 22 Sounder Moduel with thus hull
Garmin 200 VHF with 8' antenna and hailer
Garmin AIS 600 with 8' Antenna
Airmar heading sensor
XM Weather module and antenna
Maretron Weather Station for windspeed, direction, temp and pressure
(3) Garmin Cameras (Engine room forward and aft, back up camera)
FLIR Thermal Imaging Camera
All rooftop equipment painted to match deck color
KVH M3 Sat TV Dome with matching dummy dome
(4) Direct TV Recievers
Fusion stereo on main level with separate salon and cockpit controls
Fusion stereo in master with remote at bedside
Stereos integrated into TV's with speakers in master, salon and cockpit
WAVE WIFI System
- Modified Deep "V" Planing hull design, with pod drive tunnels.
- 14º deadrise at transom, 23º deadrise amidships.
- ISO NPG white gelcoat w/vinylester back-up resin.
- Bottom, topsides and transom VIP resin infused biaxial E-glass with Corecell SAN foam core.
- Stringer system biaxial E-glass with foam core.
- VIP Resin Infused E-glass swim platform with molded-in anti-skid surface.
- Hull side rubbing strakes.
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Painted (Urethane) double boot top.
- Gold recessed cove stripe.
Deck and Hardtop
- ISO NPG gelcoat.
- VIP resin infused biaxial E-glass with balsa core.
- Molded-in anti-skid deck surfaces.
- Bi Fold aft salon door to port
- Sliding windows in salon on cabin sides.
- Electric opening window in salon aft bulkhead.
- Hinged access door to side deck at helm.
- Flush, outward opening, transom door with latch.
- Anchor locker with slam latch.
- Large lazarette/engine room access hatch in cockpit sole with compression latches.
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system.
- (6) 12" Stainless steel cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship 2 in aft cockpit)
- (1) 10" Stainless steel cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor rode tie off.
- (4) Custom cast stainless steel mid-rail line chocks.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel skene chocks forward.
- (2) Custom folding stainless steel mooring cleats aft
- (2) Stainless 12" cleats on cockpit coaming on centerline
- Custom stainless steel bow pulpit with dual anchor roller for 44# CQR or Delta anchor and "lunch hook".
- Quick anchor windlass, electric rope-chain type.
- Teak flag staff and socket on taffrail.
- Burgee staff on bow pulpit.
- (6) Low Profile stainless steel hatches w/screens.
- (6) Custom stainless steel opening port lights.
- Teak toe rails.
- Teak cabin side eye-brow.
- Custom cast stainless steel "SABRE" medallion.
- Twin Cummins QSC 8.3 550 hp electronic, fresh water-cooled engines with Zeus 3800 pod drives, with integrated steering and trim
- 120A, 12V alternators each engine.
- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers.
- Engine room blower.
- Engine room vent ducts.
- Engine room floor with FRP anti-skid.
- White gelcoated engine room
- Mylar face foam noise barrier.
- (2) 260 USG diesel fuel tanks port and starboard.
- Dual Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes.
- (2) 2" "Diesel" deck fill plates.
- CMD helm, with joystick.
- Trim tabs integrated in CMD Zeus pod drives.
- Autopilot integrated in CMD Zeus system.
- "Skyhook" GPS position hold system with dedicated GPS receiver.
- Two AGM Group 31 dedicated engine start batteries.
- Three AGM 4D deep cycle ship's service batteries.
- One AGM Group 24 generator start battery.
- Remote control battery switches with controls at helm.
- Manual emergency battery crossover switch.
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution.
- Digital battery monitor.
St. Maarten amber cabin reading lights.
High output LED lights in the overhead.
Halogen bar lighting in appropriate locations
Fluorescent engine room lighting.
Tri-color lights over helm station, red, white blue
Cockpit courtesy lights.
- Marine-grade, tinned wire throughout.
- Onan 13.5 kw generator including:
-Onan E series display
-Dedicated start battery.
-Water drop muffler.
-Cooling water intake strainer.
- 50A shore power service with Glendinning Cablemaster & 50 ft. cord.
- Fail safe galvanic isolator
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel.
- Digital AC system monitor
- 120V GFCI protected outlets in each cabin and engine room.
- 50amp, 3-bank battery charger
- Reverse cycle heat/ air conditioning in (5) zones.
- Spacious island berth athwartship layout with laminated trim.
- Hull side deadlight over head board
- Shoji style passageway and closet doors
- Shoji style portlight screen panels
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- Drawers under berth and in bulkhead aft of berth.
- (2) hanging lockers fore and aft of bed.
- LED flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket door to master head compartment.
- Private access from master stateroom
- Custom tile in WC and shower sole
- High gloss finish over solid cherry counter.
- Vanity cabinet below sink
- Storage outboard
- Mirror above vanity, cherry framed
- Separate shower stall with clear bi-fold enclosure and glass tile accent wall within
- Electric shower sump pump
- Opening port to side deck
- Deck hatch with blind/screen overhead
- Ventilation blower
- Stainless steel towel bars
- Spacious island berth, with laminated trim.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- Drawers under berth, A/C return grille beside.
- Storage lockers, drawers and shelves.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket door to passageway.
- Private access to forward head and shower
- Stainless steel under mount sink.
- Shower stall with seat and locker outboard.
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Electric shower sump pump.
- Storage lockers.
- Solid surface vanity top with bull nose.
- Towel bars
- Soap dispenser
- Cherry wood trimmed mirror over sink.
- Ventilation blower.
- Quartz galley counter top.
- Stainless steel under mount sink with cover and pull-out faucet
- Stainless steel under mount prep sink with cover.
- Soap dispenser
- Vitrifrigo stainless steel stand-up refrigerator (top) and freezer
- Two burner electric cook top.
- Convection microwave with stainless steel face
- Drawers and storage lockers below counter.
- Built-in waste basket. Recycle bin below steps.
- Varnished cherry interior finish.
- Screens on all opening ports.
- Ocean Air screen/blinds on deck hatches.
- Ocean Air pleated blinds on side windows and side door
- Drapes on aft curved windows
- Optional fabric and drapery selections.
- Dovetailed, varnished maple drawer boxes
"L" settee to starboard, 5" foam cushions, with storage and Sabre tool drawer under.
- High Gloss finished table with hi-low pedestal and angled slide mechanism. Lowers to coffee table height.
- Entertainment unit to port including:
flat screen LCD TV 32" on lift with DVD player
- Sound deadening, soft headliner panels.
- Raised mates L-shaped settee to port of helm
- Stainless steel bi-fold door to cockpit
- Electrically operated window aft of L-settee
- Swing door at helm to starboard side deck
- Deep chart table forward of L-settee.
- Water capacity 160 gals.
- Stainless steel, 20 gal. water heater, operates on 110-VAC or engine heat.
- Temperature control valve on hot water supply.
- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V.
- Fresh water spigot in engine room.
- Transom shower, hot and cold.
- Polyethylene holding tank with 70 gallon capacity.
- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD in guest head
- Tecma Eco MSD in master head
- Diaphragm waste pump on holding tank.
-44# Stainless Steel anchor with all chain rode
-4 fenders with fleece fender covers
- Single Kahlenberg chrome trumpet horn with compressor
- Fire extinguishers, (5) at 2 1/2 lbs.
- Marelon sea valves on all thru-hull fittings below waterline.
- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion.
- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system in engine space with override.
- (3) Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps.
- (3) High water switches and alarm.
Accessed via slide out sofa in port side of salon
Standing room wet head with handheld shower
Wall mounted TV
Separate AC/Heat zone control
Decor and reading lights
Vented, combo W/D unit integrated into cherry dresser cabinet
Teak and holly laminate floors
As an early adopter of pod drive systems, Sabre Yachts has a clear understanding of how these revolutionary drives can best be used to increase efficiency, maximize ease of operation and owner confidence. The all-new Sabre 48 Salon Express is our fifth pod driven model and she takes full advantage of this technology in both her performance and in her interior accommodation plan.
The 48's traditional exterior profile belies the contemporary performances of her vee-hull. She cruises at 27 knots and at wide open throttle she'll attain more than 32 knots. With the Zeus pod drive system, turns at speed are as exciting as they are in a fine sports car but perhaps even more exhilarating is the quiet that one experiences at cruise speeds. Less than 75 Dba makes her one of the quietest motoryachts available today. The joystick and Skyhook operations give every Captain the confidence to dock her in the most difficult of circumstances.
Her raised cockpit sole brings together the social aspects of the cockpit and main salon and the aft end of the house opens up fully to connect the spaces. Her main salon offers ample seating surfaces for entertaining or simply relaxing to read or enjoy the standard entertainment systems. While underway the raised settee to port of the Stidd helm chair is a perfect place for the crew to enjoy the ride. And when docking, a standard side deck door serves her helmsman and crew, well. The two cabin, two head layout is supplemented by a mechanical space forward of the engine room. Optionally, this space can be laid out as a crew quarters with berth and head unit.